Magic of OLEDs

Marakk

So while FALDs do HDR better than no FALDs for sure, where OLEDs, or any self-emissive tech, rules is scenes like the one I have attached. Forget 1%, these are just a couple of pixels, hitting levels they can't even on FALDs that can hit 1500 nits on 10% windows. Some FALDs might even crush these tiny specks. All FALDs show a dip at 2% in measurements, but 2% is still quite a bit area. Often specular highlights, which hit peak brightness levels, are way smaller than even 1%, where FALDs will have to reduce their levels even more.

Oh btw, this is from Night on Earth. It's absolutely stunning and illuminating!

Attachments

• IMG_20200628_013635.jpg
    IMG_20200628_013635.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 86
Now quedtion is which one to choose. C9 or cx mr.marrak what is your valuable opinion.?.and my second question is ,if i get e9 for 15 -20k more than c9 should i buy?

Now quedtion is which one to choose. C9 or cx mr.marrak what is your valuable opinion.?.and my second question is ,if i get e9 for 15 -20k more than c9 should i buy?

Image quality wise, CX and C9 are almost the same. Marginal improvements. CX loses DTS support, but gains usable BFI. So if buying CX means waiting a few months to get it at same price as C9, I would have grabbed C9 now and enjoyed for those months too.

I would prefer a separate soundbar and C9 compared to E9. Same PQ, but external soundbar will give better audio.

Have you seen e9 personally?.nashik is small place .i have only three choices 1 croma,2 reliance and main dealer madhu.none of them have e9 on display.i only heard that flooting image on glass is worth buying.
But your opinion is also practical.any salection of sound bar?

Have you seen e9 personally?.nashik is small place .i have only three choices 1 croma,2 reliance and main dealer madhu.none of them have e9 on display.i only heard that flooting image on glass is worth buying.
But your opinion is also practical.any salection of sound bar?

Yes, I have seen E9 personally. If you like the design, and think it's worth it for the extra amount, go for it! In the end, you have to like it.

In 15-20k, you can get Samsung R550 or Samsung T550 when it launches, and it'll perform much better than in-built soundbar of E9. You can also get R650/T650 for 23-35k, which will give you 3.1 configuration with clearer dialogues. All of these also support addition of wireless rear speakers.

So while FALDs do HDR better than no FALDs for sure, where OLEDs, or any self-emissive tech, rules is scenes like the one I have attached. Forget 1%, these are just a couple of pixels, hitting levels they can't even on FALDs that can hit 1500 nits on 10% windows. Some FALDs might even crush these tiny specks. All FALDs show a dip at 2% in measurements, but 2% is still quite a bit area. Often specular highlights, which hit peak brightness levels, are way smaller than even 1%, where FALDs will have to reduce their levels even more.

Oh btw, this is from Night on Earth. It's absolutely stunning and illuminating!
Oled is magic indeed. They joy it brings each time I watch a movie is priceless. Now I dream of owning a 77 or 85 inch oled some day. Hopefully prices come down in another 5 or 6 years. For sure I won’t plan any upgrade for another 5 years and by that time hope the prices of 77 inch come down.

Oled is magic indeed. They joy it brings each time I watch a movie is priceless. Now I dream of owning a 77 or 85 inch oled some day. Hopefully prices come down in another 5 or 6 years. For sure I won’t plan any upgrade for another 5 years and by that time hope the prices of 77 inch come down.

Same here! I'll be upgrading 3-4 years down the line, and I pray that the prices of the 77-inch model will be closer to how they are priced in US. 3800-4000$ for C9 currently.

Same here! I'll be upgrading 3-4 years down the line, and I pray that the prices of the 77-inch model will be closer to how they are priced in US. 3800-4000$ for C9 currently.
It should be if manufacturers stick on to producing 4K oleds. With the introduction of 8k oled’s this year I hope they don’t stop 4k oled’s in another 5-6 years just for the sake of making more money.

It should be if manufacturers stick on to producing 4K oleds. With the introduction of 8k oled’s this year I hope they don’t stop 4k oled’s in another 5-6 years just for the sake of making more money.

Agreed. 8k is kinda pointless. Pushing it just for the heck of it.

No infact I don't have dth connection , but I am using hotstar a lot and it is having its logo

That logo isn't something you need to worry. White is the slowest to burn-in, and then this isn't even pure, opaque white. Nothing to worry about. Logo luminance at low is fine. It'll still dim it, but just do it slower, and will be less prone misdiagnosing slow scenes and dim them.

Agreed. 8k is kinda pointless. Pushing it just for the heck of it.
It’s not only pointless and useless it is also a headache cause you need to get a player that supports 8k along with a Hdmi cable that can support 8k which will all be very expensive and not to mention need more data so need to pay more for broad band as well. Overall an useless tech which no one needs. But i know for sure just to make more money all the top end tv’s will be available only in 8k. Cunning manufacturers just to make more money they introduce unwanted tech

It’s not only pointless and useless it is also a headache cause you need to get a player that supports 8k along with a Hdmi cable that can support 8k which will all be very expensive and not to mention need more data so need to pay more for broad band as well. Overall an useless tech which no one needs. But i know for sure just to make more money all the top end tv’s will be available only in 8k. Cunning manufacturers just to make more money they introduce unwanted tech

Not to forget, the additional headache and scaling up of entire production lines. 1080p to 4k, there are benefits for bigger screens. 4k to 8k...not even noticeable!

Production lines as in on the filmmaking side of things.

This image is from a Han zimmer concert. The cinematic experience is in another level in Oled. In this image you can’t see anything other then the singer. View attachment 46895

Agreed! Same for Queen's song, Don't Stop Me Now. So many black and white movies also look stunning, especially noir classics.

I have ordered dark wood wallpaper that I will paste behind the wall on the screen now. That will mean that at night, in all scenes except the brightest, I'll be seeing just the image floating in front of me.

It's amazing. Love it so much. lol

Once you have seen a HDR movie which is properly mastered in HDR and is native 4K including CGI eg ( Power Rangers ) you just cannot go back to LED's. Its not the same anymore.

Once you have seen a HDR movie which is properly mastered in HDR and is native 4K including CGI eg ( Power Rangers ) you just cannot go back to LED's. Its not the same anymore.

Indeed! Infinite contrast isn't just for blacks in night scenes. Even well lit scenes have deep blacks here and there, and OLEDs present them as we see in real life...pure black. It adds an almost 3D-life depth for me in movies.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back