Matching speakers for Norge 2060. Please suggest

darin_rozario

Can Somebody Please suggest cheap matching bookshelf speakers for Norge 2060 amp. The following are my options:

1. Polk T15
2. Polk Audio OWM5/Polk Audio OWM3
3. Sonodyne Sonus 1501 V3
4. Q Acoustics 2010/2010i
5. Boston Acoustics A25
6. Sonodyne Sonus 1501 V3

Please provide you valuable inputs. Looking at 2.1 setup for music and movies for the time being. Please suggest other speakers also

Last edited:
I'm using Norge Pre Pro 1200 with Boston Acoustics BA26 - they pair very well.
It goes good with Tannoy revolution series as well but it'll be above the budget. Another option is Wharfedale 220, should pair well with Norge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Boston Acoustics A25 bumped up a bit after GST :) I am in a similar boat. Looking for BS to pair with NAD 320 BEE. I am a bit inclined towards the A26.

Can Somebody Please suggest cheap matching bookshelf speakers for Norge 2060 amp. The following are my options:

1. Polk T15
5. Boston Acoustics A25

Please provide you valuable inputs. Looking at 2.1 setup for music and movies for the time being. Please suggest other speakers also

BA A25/A26 from the list or Q Acoustics
Polk OWM3 is used usually for surround duty. It may not fit for 2 channel music.

1. Polk T15
5. Boston Acoustics A25

Out of this list, I'd try out 1,4 and 5.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys i agree the price for the Boston acoustic speakers has bumped up after the GST. I more inclined towards the WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 220 just wondering if these can be used as front speakers for 2.1 or later a 5.1 setup because the woofer size is think just 5 - 1/2 inches. Is it ok?

I more inclined towards the WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 220 just wondering if these can be used as front speakers for 2.1 or later a 5.1 setup because the woofer size is think just 5 - 1/2 inches. Is it ok?

Yes, it can be used for fronts and does the job well.

Wow just had a look at ebay india. They are selling the boston acoustics c26, a25 and a26 for cheap. But the only problem is that they are rear ported. confused get the Wharfedale 220 or Boston acoustics c26/a25/a26. Which one is better in sound and is it safe buying from Ebay. I assume the Boston acoustics A series are the old speakers whereas the Wharfedale diamond series are the new ones

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Planing to buy JBL LSR305 - active speakers i heard that these are better clarity and sound then the Bookshelf speakers can later add a jbl sub woofer for a 2.1 setup. Getting a good deal for this :) Suggestions please

Thanks everyone. Planing to buy JBL LSR305 - active speakers i heard that these are better clarity and sound then the Bookshelf speakers can later add a jbl sub woofer for a 2.1 setup. Getting a good deal for this :) Suggestions please

should be good buy. go ahead and make the buy . good deal is offered on them as jbl pushing to sell as may as possible.

Listen and buy. Dont buy blind. Studio monitors have specific purpose. I guess (Not sure) if you have small room they might work. As South India has lots of recording studios, Monitors are good market there. So audition will be easy.
Regards.

I have the JBL LSR 305s and they are have great clarity but they lack bass because of the small drivers. A sub woofer is a must to get good bass

oh k i heard reviews that the bass of these speakers are good. Can i use them as fronts and are they as good in sound and bass in comparison to the Whaferdales and Boston acoustics bookshelf speakers. Rooms size is small too

Last edited:
cant compare them to wharfedales or BA because i havnt heard them. I had audioengine before and i can say, the LSR 305 have less bass compared to them but scores high in clarity

I have paired the Norge 2060 with Bose 301-V series. I am very satisfied with the system. I am surprised with the bass of these 8" speakers. Speakers are on the shrill side but not very flashy. Seem to be having a flat response and reproduce music as the original track without adding any more colors to it. Before purchase I was doubting about the matching, but things are very good and I have a great time listening to all the geners of music. Even the normal FM seems good on this system. HD movies sound truly theatre like. I have arranged the system as a conventional 2 channel stereo system but can get a very good surround effect in my hall of 25ft x 15ft hall with the set up along the long wall. I had auditioned the JBL floor standing speakers and was not much impressed with them. I got the bose speakers in Pune Bose store for 21,000/- INR.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back