Mi Tv Series in India

I am considering to buy MI4 tv tomorrow from flipkart with extended warranty at 3499. If I fail to grab one shall order from mi site, does mi site provide extended warranty or not?

I heard Jeeves installation guys also provide the extended warranty, applicable in case if I order from mi site? How much is its price if get it from Jeeves?

i use torrents. rarbg have very good collection

torrents is illegal in india. also if filesize is more than 1.5 GB. my reliance jio has 1 day limit 1.5 Gb. so how i can download file more than 1.5 GB. there should be feature pause and resume. so i will be able to download one file in week time.

torrents is illegal in india. also if filesize is more than 1.5 GB. my reliance jio has 1 day limit 1.5 Gb. so how i can download file more than 1.5 GB. there should be feature pause and resume. so i will be able to download one file in week time.

That's really tough to download anything related to good 1080p also at that size for a week
If you have a HDMI 2.0 capable PC/laptop or any modern console, you can subscribe to Netflix trial for first month which has good 4K HDR content(HDR is also available at 1080p- Subscribe to 1st month trial of 800/month plan)
Where do you live ?? I suggest you to get a broadband. Jio would be tough to do anything related to HD content.

torrents is illegal in india.

well in that case, you have to get a good blu-ray player and get blu-ray disks... or as damonrenk mentioned, subscribe to Netflix with 800 per month for 4k HDR or Amazon prime for 4k contents. but you need a good broadband connection with a steady 20+ mbps speed to stream in 4k.

That's really tough to download anything related to good 1080p also at that size for a week
If you have a HDMI 2.0 capable PC/laptop or any modern console, you can subscribe to Netflix trial for first month which has good 4K HDR content(HDR is also available at 1080p- Subscribe to 1st month trial of 800/month plan)
Where do you live ?? I suggest you to get a broadband. Jio would be tough to do anything related to HD content.

I live in Pune. I have a laptop with HDMI port. NetFlix 800 per month is high for me. Amazon Prime 999 per year is fine.

I live in Pune. I have a laptop with HDMI port. NetFlix 800 per month is high for me. Amazon Prime 999 per year is fine.

Just try it out for 1st month because it is free as you could get a taste of 4K HDR on this new TV. Double check if your laptop has HDMI 2.0a/b because most budget laptops are equipped with HDMI 1.4. Go to playback settings in TV and select HDMI 2.0. If you are on Windows 10, an option should popup in Settings>Display to enable HDR and advanced color if your laptop supports HDMI 2.0. *Netflix 4K HDR minimum requirement for laptop is Intel 7th gen gen processor, Nvidia 10 series graphic card and HDCP 2.2 protection capable.

I don't know much about Pune but isn't there a service like Spectranet or Digital Fibrenet who offer 1Gbps / 100mbps unlimited speeds below Rs. 1000 in Pune ?? Check out any local internet providers in Pune who can offer at least 60/40 mbps below Rs 1000. Preferably unlimited or at at least 300+gb of data to enjoy 4K or atleast good quality 1080p.

U can do that time consuming things eventually but as a first step to see the display capabilities - U can download this 4K HDR file on Jio and play it on TV.

http://4kmedia.org/samsung-travel-with-my-pet-hdr-uhd-4k-demo/

*keep the Backlight to 100 and movie mode with color in 'warm' mode and enjoy this short clip. You can also find some other beautiful demos in that site but the linked one is my fav showing the gorgeous balance of highlights and shadows in HDR.

Last edited:
Xiaomi Mi TV 4C 50-Inch 4K HDR Model Launched in China.

The Mi TV 4C 50-inch model features a 4K display panel with 3840x2160 pixel resolution, 178-degree viewing angle, and 9.5ms dynamic response rate. The TV is powered by a 1.5GHz quad-core Amlogic Cortex-A53 SoC, coupled with 750MHz Mali-450 GPU and 2GB of RAM. It also has 8GB of onboard storage. Similar to the 43- and 55-inch models, the 50-inch version has Android-based PatchWall interface that enables artificial intelligence (AI) based curated content delivery and features such as speech recognition and unified search.

In terms of connectivity, the Mi TV 4C 50-inch model includes dual-band (2.4GHz/ 5GHz) Wi-Fi 802.11ac and Bluetooth v4.2 LE alongside three HDMI ports, two USB ports, AV output, and an Ethernet port. The TV supports formats such as HDR 10, H.264, H.265, Real, MPEG1/2/4, WMV3, and VC-1. Furthermore, the new Mi TV 4C has two 8W speakers that support Dolby Audio/ DTS-HD audio dual decoding and comes with a Mi Remote Control that enables gesture and voice controls.

Source: https://gadgets.ndtv.com/tv/news/xiaomi-mi-tv-4c-50-inch-model-china-price-specifications-1831615

I have 150mpbs :) not sure if u need gigabit speed. Anyways have installed couple of chrome extensions and lets see how it will pan out tomorrow. congrats on ur purchase

Guys again checking if anyone of you has used Mi TV 4 55 inches with a Chromecast or Fire TV Stick. If yes, are you able to access content from both Youtube at a better rendering rate as well as from Amazon Prime video. Also hows the video quality of content accessed over Amazon Prime video. Asking this as couple of reviewers said their TV units are not able to run content via streaming devices.

Guys again checking if anyone of you has used Mi TV 4 55 inches with a Chromecast or Fire TV Stick. If yes, are you able to access content from both Youtube at a better rendering rate as well as from Amazon Prime video. Also hows the video quality of content accessed over Amazon Prime video. Asking this as couple of reviewers said their TV units are not able to run content via streaming devices.

Rendering doesn't depend on TV if you connect a streaming device. It will be completely switched to streaming device just using TV as display. I didn't use those streaming devices but i see no reason for not running because i tested with a laptop and it could drive full 4:4:4 at 4K 12 bpc which is the max capabilitity of HDMI 2.0 standard. 4K streaming devices use much lower 4:2:0 10bpc 4K pass-through which is easy to drive. Just don't forget to switch the HDMI playback settings in TV to HDMI 2.0.

I have been using MiTV 4 55 with Amazon fire TV stick for the past 2 weeks and have no issues with playing the Amazon Prime or Sunnxt or HotStar contents. Only for some 4k HDR Videos in Youtube I had some minor rendering issues. I have a 40Mbps line.

One more thing when I was playing Padmavathi movie from Amazon Prime via FireTV stick connected directly to the TV and the effect was not that much, then I connected the Fire TV Stick to my Pioneer AVR 1131 which upscaled the 1080P content to 4K and the output was really fantastic.

I have few more queries can someone please clarify.

1.Have any of you were able to get the ARC working with the MiTV? I have changed the Cable, Tried all the settings both in the TV and AVR but there is no sound. Have raised a request with customer care and a person should be visiting shortly to test this.

2.Can we buy Amazon Fire TV 4K from US and will it work without any issues here with the MI TV, as the Amazon Fire TV stick output is limited to 1080P and I always have to use the AVR to upscale the content to 4k?

3.Is Nvidia shield better than Amazon Fire TV 4k? if so in what parameters?

I have been using MiTV 4 55 with Amazon fire TV stick for the past 2 weeks and have no issues with playing the Amazon Prime or Sunnxt or HotStar contents. Only for some 4k HDR Videos in Youtube I had some minor rendering issues. I have a 40Mbps line.

One more thing when I was playing Padmavathi movie from Amazon Prime via FireTV stick connected directly to the TV and the effect was not that much, then I connected the Fire TV Stick to my Pioneer AVR 1131 which upscaled the 1080P content to 4K and the output was really fantastic.
Do we need to change any settings in avr to upscale from 1080p to 4k?

So for those who do not have an AVR with upscaling feature, is there a standalone upscaler available that can upscale DTH, video from USB sources and streamed content?

To all MI TV owners,
Could you please upload pictures of your TVs and provide information regarding picture quality. I'm especially curious about the black levels on this TV, since it apparently uses a Samsung manufactured VA panel. One user posted a pic of his MI tv displaying an all black image and there was major backlight bleeding on it. Is this the same for other owners as well?
Regarding the picture quality, I have read some reviews on flipkart which suggested that the picture quality is nothing to write home about. Of course the majority of the reviewers gush about how wonderful the picture quality is. So it would be great to hear the opinion of forum members who are a little more knowledgeable about such things than the common man who is already overawed by the screen size and the price. For example, how do the black levels on this TV compare to the black levels on budget IPS panel TVs from Panasonic and LG.
I have also come across a youtube review of the 43 inch variant (which I assume uses the same type of VA panel) where the reviewer mentioned that the black levels are average.
I am thinking of getting a budget Panasonic or LG TV, if the black levels are not all that much better on the MI TV. I understand that this is a very good deal but this hunger marketing nonsense really annoys me (not a case of sour grapes here!). I don't like being manipulated by a company (and a Chinese company at that) when there are so many other options available in the market. So kindly post your observations on the picture quality of this product.

Do we need to change any settings in avr to upscale from 1080p to 4k?

I have not done any change in the settings. I think based on the Output device capability it automatically sends the content, for e.g with the same i/p source Amazon fire TV stick it sends 1080p-> 4k as the input to my MiTV4 and just 1080p as the input to my Epson Projector.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back