Mi Tv Series in India

Thanks for the detailed review, I have a query, as per various youtube reviews, MI TV4 UI has 1080p resolution, resulting in pixelized UI, no 4k content on youtube and all other apps installed, 4k video works via USB or HDMI only, can you or anybody please confirm this ?

I don't use UI much except the settings but it's not bad. No 4k content as of now because only crappy plugins available as of now.

I stream all my 4K content over local network and works good.

Can somebody please share viewing angle number. As it's mentioned 178 degree.. practically it is able provide same viewing angle without white wash colour

Can somebody please share viewing angle number. As it's mentioned 178 degree.. practically it is able provide same viewing angle without white wash colour

No. None of the VA panels can't provide accurate colors with an angle greater than 25 degrees at 6 feet distance or 70-80 degrees at 10 feet distance. Consider VA panels as a cone in viewing distance. Bigger the distance= higher viewing angle.

then on what basis manufacturers marketing 178 degree viewing angle. For 5 family member viewing angle is very important. I also read somewhere that majority of manufacture using va panel now a days. Should I go for ips panel only. But ips panel will able to display natural colour. What is best alternative ips for mi TV 4..

Also I want to know physically strong panel ips or va. My child always playing cricket inside home with soft ball. He also touching screen while watching cartoon.

Hi guys,
Was wondering how those who got their TVs on the flash sale managed to do so. The 55 inch variant gets sold out within a minute. Is there some trick to it or did you just get lucky?

then on what basis manufacturers marketing 178 degree viewing angle. For 5 family member viewing angle is very important. I also read somewhere that majority of manufacture using va panel now a days. Should I go for ips panel only. But ips panel will able to display natural colour. What is best alternative ips for mi TV 4..

VA panel will have better contrast and blacks any day which results in higher picture quality compared to IPS panel.May be thats the reason all the manufacturers using VA. U need to sacrifice on viewing angles or stop sitting closer to TV when you are watching in group. However, An Indian household with a group of 5 mostly watch Indian content together imo which is mostly in SD and crappy quality- U need to sit 9 feet away for SD/720p content(6 feet for 1080p and 3 feet for 4K are optimum distansces for 55 inch). At the distance of 9 feet, u can barely notice any difference in viewing angle or u can make video enthusiasts in family to take middle seat and less techie people can occupy corner seat ;) I suggest you and u'r partner to take some demo of few VA and IPS panels in showroom regarding viewing angle and check u'r needs. U can visit MI home too if u live in a Metropolitan.

Also I want to know physically strong panel ips or va. My child always playing cricket inside home with soft ball. He also touching screen while watching cartoon.

It's easy to judge MI TV 4 as the most fragile piece.

A buyer in Flipkart user review says "And recently my 2 year kid just throw a small plastic toy and its screen completely damage like its been hit by a bullet.
I am still in shock that how a small plastic toy can destroy the screen like this." ****I don't know if this is true or not. I just copy-pasted his review.

So, i would advice you to be extra careful or quit buying TV for the moment.
I don't know about other offerings which has IPS panel but physical strength wouldn't depend on type of panel.

Friendly advice- Stop u'r child if he/she is admiring cricket because elder people in home watch it all time. Introduce him to other sports or activities. Let him explore different things in childhood itself online & offline. Don't force interests on him directly or indirectly, Just let him build his own interests in parellel to academics. I wish somebody did this to me in my childhood instead of restricting my evenings to stupid sport like cricket, watching a player hit the same ball for 6 hours, age old Indian text books and literally crap Desi cartoons.

Last edited:
VA panel will have better contrast and blacks any day which results in higher picture quality compared to IPS panel.May be thats the reason all the manufacturers using VA. U need to sacrifice on viewing angles or stop sitting closer to TV when you are watching in group. However, An Indian household with a group of 5 mostly watch Indian content together imo which is mostly in SD and crappy quality- U need to sit 9 feet away for SD/720p content(6 feet for 1080p and 3 feet for 4K are optimum distansces for 55 inch). At the distance of 9 feet, u can barely notice any difference in viewing angle or u can make video enthusiasts in family to take middle seat and less techie people can occupy corner seat ;) I suggest you and u'r partner to take some demo of few VA and IPS panels in showroom regarding viewing angle and check u'r needs. U can visit MI home too if u live in a Metropolitan.

It's easy to judge MI TV 4 as the most fragile piece.

A buyer in Flipkart user review says "And recently my 2 year kid just throw a small plastic toy and its screen completely damage like its been hit by a bullet.
I am still in shock that how a small plastic toy can destroy the screen like this." ****I don't know if this is true or not. I just copy-pasted his review.

So, i would advice you to be extra careful or quit buying TV for the moment.
I don't know about other offerings which has IPS panel but physical strength wouldn't depend on type of panel.

Friendly advice- Stop u'r child if he/she is admiring cricket because elder people in home watch it all time. Introduce him to other sports or activities. Let him explore different things in childhood itself online & offline. Don't force interests on him directly or indirectly, Just let him build his own interests in parellel to academics. I wish somebody did this to me in my childhood instead of restricting my evenings to stupid sport like cricket, watching a player hit the same ball for 6 hours, age old Indian text books and literally crap Desi cartoons.

Thank you very Damonrenk for detailed and useful information. I think MI TV 4 55 inch is value deal as well as technically Good Specs at price point 40k. I will go ahead for MI TV 4 55 inch definitely.

Thank you very Damonrenk for detailed and useful information. I think MI TV 4 55 inch is value deal as well as technically Good Specs at price point 40k. I will go ahead for MI TV 4 55 inch definitely.

Just be extra careful but nothing gets better in this price range.
However, i suggest u to take demo because u could get first hand experience and u can self answer urself about various queries. Have fun with u'r new TV and i hope u'll be satisfied.

I grabbed a mitv 4 in last sale and it was installed yesterday. It looks very premium and HD content looks really good. For SD content, i'm using my receiver's upscaling instead of TV's.

Also the patchwall is useless for me, as all my HDMI devices are connected to my receiver instead of the tv.

Did anyone here buy extended warranty from Jeeves? I did not choose it from flipkart, during sale.

Xiaomi has brought Hotstar integration for its Mi TV series of Android-based smart TVs. The new offering enables tons of new TV shows, movies, and sports for Mi TV 4, Mi TV 4A users in India.

To access Hotstar on your Xiaomi Mi TV 4 or Mi TV 4A, you need to find the Hotstar app by going to the More Apps section. The app allows you to search your favourite TV shows, movies, and sports events. Also, it features a group of thumbnails on the homescreen, showing various top TV show and movie titles.

Source: https://gadgets.ndtv.com/tv/news/xi...ackpack-launched-india-price-features-1828122

Awaiting for Amazon Prime integration ....

Awaiting for Amazon Prime integration ....

Seems like they're very ambitious at this point. They're looking for Netflix and Amazon Prime content integration on home screen and unified search which is very tough and near to impossible when dealing with international companies and requires a lot of APIs
If such content integration happens, that would be a miracle or else hope they would just provide official apps which supports max quality with all the DRM functions.

Can someone please verify if the youtube app now supports 4k?

No...It won't or cannot support forever because Youtube encodes all 4K content in VP9 format and HDR in vp9.2 format. Chipset in MI Tv doesn't support either of the formats. Hence, it's only possible to watch youtube upto 1440p natively. That doesn't make the chipset bad. Intel's most powerful 6th gen chipset also cannot support vp9 hardware decoding because the tech is kinda new(Vp9 is only supported in Indtel 7th/8th gen). You can connect a HDMI 2.0 laptop or any streaming device to watch youtube in 4K.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back