Mi Tv Series in India

Guys, whoever has this this TV ....can u confirm me one thing ???

I can observe light white vertical lines on grey picture when we view it from side angle. As it is an edge lit panel, I'm convincing myself it as a common thing.

is it the same for u guys ??? Faces acquire a white tone when we view it from >45 degree angle especilly for SD content
is it alright or some defective piece shipped ?? I still have my return period open ......waiting for a quick reply to raise any query ....is it alright to see light grey lines on ege lit panel when we view it from side ?

you can configure a NAS in Mi TV?

didn't try NAS for MI TV yet
just did some streaming through hard drive connected to router and laptops on home network
It has a inbuilt media player which can add local network devices easily. Although, I would recommend Plex if you have most of u'r content on network and various devices.

I also read somewhere about heating issue specially at bottom side.. anybody observe this?
and once its wall mounted, you can not plugin/out HDMI cable and USB device. is this true? everytime you have unmount from wall and instert/eject HDMI cable and USB device?

I also read somewhere about heating issue specially at bottom side.. anybody observe this?
and once its wall mounted, you can not plugin/out HDMI cable and USB device. is this true? everytime you have unmount from wall and instert/eject HDMI cable and USB device?

I didn't notice any excessive heating with basic apps even with 4k HDR playback.When u playback unsupported formats like vp9, it surely does heat like any other processpr because it tries to process video with CPU instead of GPU.

Yes, You can forget about ports after wall mounting it, at least ethernet, co ax and analog cable tv ports are impossible to access. HDMI and USB is possible but needs lot of hardwork moving u'r hands in blindly. Table top is always d better option.

I didn't notice any excessive heating with basic apps even with 4k HDR playback.When u playback unsupported formats like vp9, it surely does heat like any other processpr because it tries to process video with CPU instead of GPU.

Yes, You can forget about ports after wall mounting it, at least ethernet, co ax and analog cable tv ports are impossible to access. HDMI and USB is possible but needs lot of hardwork moving u'r hands in blindly. Table top is always d better option.

Thank you very much. I will definitely try my luck to get MI TV in Flash Sale. My maximum Viewing distance is 8ft in bedroom. should i go for 43 inch MI TV 4A or 55 inch MI TV 4. I want to buy TV which should working fine without any issue at least 5 years. I am more worry about Panel Failure, because its very costly to replace. should MI TV 4A or 4 need voltage stabilizer and surge protector to save from power fluctuation.

Vu has better specification than mi tv.Brightness 450 nits and 4K upscaling. Andriod 7. Price is 30k more. Is it worth?

Thank you very much. I will definitely try my luck to get MI TV in Flash Sale. My maximum Viewing distance is 8ft in bedroom. should i go for 43 inch MI TV 4A or 55 inch MI TV 4. I want to buy TV which should working fine without any issue at least 5 years. I am more worry about Panel Failure, because its very costly to replace. should MI TV 4A or 4 need voltage stabilizer and surge protector to save from power fluctuation.

1. U can view this link for viewing distance calculation
https://www.avforums.com/article/tv-full-hd-ultra-hd-4k-viewing-distance-guide.10704

2. Nobody could guess that, we should just gamble. 2 years warranty on panel is a good sign.

3. MI claims- they manufactured TV with Indian fluctuations in mind.
Jeeves installation guy was trying to sell me Rs. 3500 stabilizer and he was claiming my old stabilizer wont work with this TV...wtf loll
I ended up using surge protector.

Kodak's 50-inch 4K Smart TV will be available exclusively on Flipkart for an effective price of Rs 34,999. With the launch, Kodak TV India is going up directly against Xiaomi — specifically its Mi TV 4 flagship TV, which is available for Rs 39,999.

Kodak's 50-inch 4K Smart TV will be available exclusively on Flipkart for an effective price of Rs 34,999. With the launch, Kodak TV India is going up directly against Xiaomi — specifically its Mi TV 4 flagship TV, which is available for Rs 39,999.

Even Kodak doesn't say anything about having HDR in their TV's

Today, I will try to buy MI TV 43A in FlashSale. If I will not get TV today.. Then I am thinking to buy this TV. "Sanyo NXT 108.2 cm (43 inch) Full HD LED TV (XT-43S7200F)" Price: 22,999. OR I should try continue to get MI TV 4A 43 inch.

Today I discussed with mi customer support to get details about panel and contrast.
They confirmed that mi 43 4a has ips panel and static contrast is 3000. But I seen youtube video where he said it's not ips panel.
Don't know who is right. I just want to go for ips panel for strong , good viewing angle and less heat generated. Kindly help me to clear this confusion. As flip kart will not refund money easily

Our Indian tech youtubers are really ignorant. Even the high profile youtubers like c4etech & GeekyRanjit. They post reviews without talking about display quality... Rofl... Now he claims HDMI ARC is a function to control other devices which is actually called as CEC. He didn't even bother to get his facts right. Shhhhhh but he's very good at reading specs on paper out loud

Watch from 2:58

Checked out the MI store in phoenix. Was not so convinced with the picture quality. Only 4k looks good. Other videos are just ok. I had taken my hard disk, but they didn't allow to plug it in. Managed to click a pic of the 4k content they are playing.

IMG_20180317_162948.jpg

My mi tv 43 inch delivered. Can u help me check panel type. I knock on panel to check it's ips or not. Viewing in angle for 10x10 room is good. But not sure it's ips panel
What is other method to check panel type.

One quick check, has any of the owners tried connecting a Chromecast or Amazon Fire TV Stick to Mi TV 4 55 inch? Have seen reviews where reviewers are not able to use these on their TV sets.

ly with Hue(tint) & Saturation/Color because lack of blue filter glasses to calibrate accurately. So i had to depend on few movies but still light tinkering is need
Watched War for planet of apes, Dunkirk in HDR which impressed me a lot. I don't have any other HDR capable display to compare side by side but i did watch few same demo videos which were played on LG/Samsung OLED when i visited showroom a month ago- digging from my memories to compare quality approximately, I felt MI TV matched upto 60-70% of flagship OLED quality in balancing highlights and shadows in HDR. Contrast was the only thing which was lacking when compared to flagship 3 lakh TV but we cant blame the panel here because OLED has better contrast any-day. When we compare with other LED- I can confidently say MI TV is a flagship product. Colors in HDR are identical to LG OLED. I couldn't compare brightness because showrooms tend to keep demo sets in vibrant mode, MI TV brightness was adequate for me in a room with a tube light(I usually watch perfect quality movies with lights off). Except contrast( it's good but not on par with OLED obviously), everything felt competitive with flagship TVs out there which costs around 2 lakhs+. No up-scaling is present(i hate TVs when they do up-scaling anyways which looks artificial)

P.S. This is approximate testing, as i already mentioned- i need to rely on memories and eyes to compare but definitely MI TV is competitive with other models.

*Still hunting to find sweet spot of white balance 6500K for SDR videos. Hope somebody could help :)

Thanks for the detailed review, I have a query, as per various youtube reviews, MI TV4 UI has 1080p resolution, resulting in pixelized UI, no 4k content on youtube and all other apps installed, 4k video works via USB or HDMI only, can you or anybody please confirm this ?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back