Mi Tv Series in India

Lack of upscaling is the only thing which sets me back from getting this TV. My assumption was that most 4k TV will have upscaling, so didn't bother to get a AVR with upscaling features :(
Yeah, lets hope it is possible with a firmware update although it doesn't affect me because i sit 10 feet away for any type of SD content.

Yeah, lets hope it is possible with a firmware update although it doesn't affect me because i sit 10 feet away for any type of SD content.

How can I ask the customer support to know if they have any plan for firmware upgrade to have upscaling? You have any email id or something?

Just try it out for 1st month because it is free as you could get a taste of 4K HDR on this new TV. Double check if your laptop has HDMI 2.0a/b because most budget laptops are equipped with HDMI 1.4. Go to playback settings in TV and select HDMI 2.0. If you are on Windows 10, an option should popup in Settings>Display to enable HDR and advanced color if your laptop supports HDMI 2.0. *Netflix 4K HDR minimum requirement for laptop is Intel 7th gen gen processor, Nvidia 10 series graphic card and HDCP 2.2 protection capable.

I don't know much about Pune but isn't there a service like Spectranet or Digital Fibrenet who offer 1Gbps / 100mbps unlimited speeds below Rs. 1000 in Pune ?? Check out any local internet providers in Pune who can offer at least 60/40 mbps below Rs 1000. Preferably unlimited or at at least 300+gb of data to enjoy 4K or atleast good quality 1080p.

U can do that time consuming things eventually but as a first step to see the display capabilities - U can download this 4K HDR file on Jio and play it on TV.

http://4kmedia.org/samsung-travel-with-my-pet-hdr-uhd-4k-demo/

*keep the Backlight to 100 and movie mode with color in 'warm' mode and enjoy this short clip. You can also find some other beautiful demos in that site but the linked one is my fav showing the gorgeous balance of highlights and shadows in HDR.

Thanks, Great experience. play samsung 4k video by using laptop.

Recent Nvidia drivers have made it possible to play Netflix in HDR without 7th generation Intel CPU, However, you need Pascal series GPU with Win10 Creator update or above.

Xiaomi Mi TV 4A (43 inches) Youth Edition Released

Xiaomi-TV-4A-1.jpg

Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, has released the Xiaomi Mi TV 4A Youth Edition for 1699 Yuan ($269). This TV joins the Xiaomi TV 4A series which already has a 40-inch, 32-inch, and 43-inch variants. The Xiaomi TV 4A Youth Version uses a narrow frame design with a resolution of 1920 × 1080, refresh rate of 60Hz, and viewing angle of 178°. The body weighs 7.58kg (including the base) and the length is 965.89 mm. It is equipped with an Amlogic Cortex A53 quad-core processor clocking 1.5GHz, and a Mali-450 750MHz GPU. The processor is supported by 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage.

The main selling point of this TV like others in the series is voice command compatibility. It is equipped with a PatchWall system which supports Artificial Intelligence. It is quite easy to use the voice control system. All you have to do is hold the voice control button on the remote control and speak to the device to search for whatever you need including latest movies, weather records and more. In addition, it also has deep learning capability which means that the more you use the voice control system, the wider the commands it can cover.

This TV is also great when it comes to the connectivity and interfaces. Besides its HMDI support, it comes with a number of useful interfaces including a USB port, AV, Ethernet and an S / PDIF X audio output interface. So you can plug any peripheral to use it as you wish. In terms of its pricing, the Xiaomi TV 4A 43-inches Youth Edition sells for 1699 Yuan ($269), and it will be sold at 00:00 on May 4th.

Source: https://www.gizchina.com/2018/04/29...hes-youth-edition-released-for-1699-yuan-269/

Mi LED Smart TV 4 price has been hiked to Rs.44,999

Xiaomi claims the price hike is an effort to ramp up supply of the smartphone in the face of recent changes in PCBA import taxes and the depreciation of the rupee since the beginning of the year. The new prices will be effective on all channels the smartphone is available on, including Mi.com, Mi Home stores, Flipkart, and offline retailers. Alongside, the 55-inch Mi TV 4 has also received a price hike for the same reasons, effective from the same date.

Jain provided further insight as to the reasons for the price hike, saying, "In order to ramp up supply for the Redmi Note 5 Pro, we are importing a significant amount of PCBAs as our local PCBA production would only ramp up to 100 percent by CY Q3 2018. With the recent changes in tax structure on PCBA imports and the depreciation of the rupee (by around 5 percent since the beginning of the year), this has resulted in a significant increase in costs for us."

Source: https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/ne...-14999-pcba-import-rupee-depreciation-1844904

Saw the TV - Mi TV 4 in person at a Mi Home yesterday. Found the viewing angles to be really poor in comparison to even Koryo TVs displayed at eZone. Not sure if it was because of the lighting condition at the Mi Home.

While looking from absolute front the PQ for 4K demo videos was good but again the sound quality was poor.

Heard a guy complaining at Mi Home about issues with his Mi TV 4A and lack of support in resolving the issue. The staff at Mi Home was trying to explain to him helplessly that they do not offer support services at Mi Home.

Personal impression a TV is not a oversized smartphone, it primarily serves the purpose of delivering picture and sound. Mi TV, from the demo failed to score for me at those fronts.

Even for the Smart TV aspect, the TV doesn't support viewing content from Amazon Prime video/Netflix(no app! Will ignore the aspect of sideloading as that's a user's own effort and not really being offered by default by the Mi ecosystem) and even streaming of 4k content from pre-installed Youtube app.

Now with increased price and perceived challenges in after sales support, think will wait and watch what Mi and other players are going to throw at us in coming months.

Any one saw a good detailed review of iFFalcon launched by TCL recently?

Now either they iron out all the irks through updates first or it's about to doom.
A 4K TV with NO 4k UI, NO 4K streaming apps,even the youtube is not 4K, seriously?
It's slim,it's coin thin, at the cost of backlighting? not so HDR friendly thin.
Experience flagship ummm with shitty sound? no additional soundbar to provide? let alone full system ahem.

So what am I paying for : A very well built - handle with care kinda fragile - too thin,making hard to access ports after wall mount, a 4K not so 4K, not so great sounding tv with patchwall (which simply pulls info from an app,internet is must) and an appstore which is android but no playstore,a TV so powerful that can't play asphalt #Critic'sPitch:p

Now either they iron out all the irks through updates first or it's about to doom.
A 4K TV with NO 4k UI, NO 4K streaming apps,even the youtube is not 4K, seriously?
It's slim,it's coin thin, at the cost of backlighting? not so HDR friendly thin.
Experience flagship ummm with shitty sound? no additional soundbar to provide? let alone full system ahem.

So what am I paying for : A very well built - handle with care kinda fragile - too thin,making hard to access ports after wall mount, a 4K not so 4K, not so great sounding tv with patchwall (which simply pulls info from an app,internet is must) and an appstore which is android but no playstore,a TV so powerful that can't play asphalt #Critic'sPitch:p

In spite of all the complaints and increase in price..couldnt buy it today as well...now considering the The TCL 65 incher for 75k on amazon

In spite of all the complaints and increase in price..couldnt buy it today as well...now considering the The TCL 65 incher for 75k on amazon

I in the same 4 times failed boat. Have given up all hopes. Planning to get VU 55 incher.

Do share ur views on TCL.

I in the same 4 times failed boat. Have given up all hopes. Planning to get VU 55 incher.

Do share ur views on TCL.
iGyaan has come with an unboxing. It is an Edge-lit panel, supports HDR10 and seemingly has more RAM and native Android 7.0. But the unboxing fails to indicate if Amazon Prime can be installed and if Netflix and Youtube supports playing 4k videos out of the box.

Also it seems the TV may be available without flash sales and a pre-order seemingly is going on.

Link to the video:

Now lot of brands are coming with almost same features and price range. Now we should consider servicing and reliability.

The reason why i couldn't put my bet on other relatively small companies is that their commitment for older products. The warranty is for a year. So what are you supposed to do after that? Throw away the set?

The software needs to be updated constantly or at least should be worked upon. That's where big players score up. They unify the architecture of all their TVs under a single umbrella and work upon it. So that if a critical fix is done they don't need to do for every single model. They can just differentiate the fix as common or specific and push accordingly.

Android TV is a welcome addition where the security and content updates can be pushed through google architecture. But still the company need to commit themselves to provide software support for all the models they release.

In that way investing in companies with prominent software ecosystem throughout the models really worthy. If you can do it, then you earn customer satisfaction for rest of the good working models.

Will bet more on a company which can ensure availability of components for repair and ready stock of physical TV sets for replacement. VU has been quite decent on this front.

As for Xiaomi, their after service sales service has not been that great. If they don't have pieces to sell, not sure how many they will have for replacements.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back