My Epson EH TW8100 Home Theater is Set Up .. Pics

WOW! you have got really good advise from your mom.
Can't stop appreciating the intelligent use of the balcony window as screen

Happy viewing !!

Yes indeed .. :) I was being thankless earlier as she was taking a lot of time .. but well.. foolish me :eek:

We had no option but to use the balcony window as screen.. bec had I decided to place the screen on the opposite wall to it then I wud have problems placing the floor standers

Lovely!
What is the wall behind the seating and what is the pj shelf made of? Is it plywood?

The wall behind the seating is a regular brick wall .. behind it is the passage .. the pj shelf is made of a thick wooden plank integrated into the wall as a panel .. the HDMI cable goes from inside the POP ceiling

You have a good creativity and color sense.
Very nice interior and one awesome projector. Congrats and enjoy!

I suggest a very opaque, dark color blinds without gaps on the sides (if at all you want to watch movies during the day) or put up dark sunfilm on the window panels.

Despite having a roll down black out curtain of sorts behind the screen an exact 1.2 inch gap still remains .. The blackout curtain is beige in colour but it still gives a pitch dark effect.. Like the curtain fella explained to me that even if I had a white blackout curtain it wud still give me a dark effect .. as u can see our screen goes dark beyond the area projected ..

Now I have posted a pic taken as to how it looks when I sit down to watch a movie during the day time.. I have decided to put a dark sun film (Garware) on the window panels .. Thank You Santy :)

behaap.jpg

Amazing picture even in daytime with darkened room.:clapping:

I was provided advice by some that we should have a little bit of light(like a dimmed LED light!).

If we watch movie in pitch darkness some of us may feel a bit tired or have a little bit of hangover/strain in eyes. Remember if we are going to matinee movies the strain on our eyes as when we see daylight during the interval session break.

So let a bit of daylight seep-in the room and do not make attempts for pitch dark. In your case the daylight seepage is at the sides of the screen and is a advantage since it is not directed onto the screen. This is the reason the picture still remains vivid.

Again I must repeat this was a innovative idea for the above reason.:clapping:

Amazing picture even in daytime with darkened room.:clapping:

I was provided advice by some that we should have a little bit of light(like a dimmed LED light!).

If we watch movie in pitch darkness some of us may feel a bit tired or have a little bit of hangover/strain in eyes. Remember if we are going to matinee movies the strain on our eyes as when we see daylight during the interval session break.

So let a bit of daylight seep-in the room and do not make attempts for pitch dark. In your case the daylight seepage is at the sides of the screen and is a advantage since it is not directed onto the screen. This is the reason the picture still remains vivid.

Again I must repeat this was a innovative idea for the above reason.:clapping:

Well as a part of my profession (plus ofcourse movie passion) I am watching movies atleast 4 times a week in cinema halls / preview theaters .. sometimes even 2 movies in a day.. so that strain thing I m used to so much that it never occurs anymore .. :D

But yes u have a valid point there if I have to consider my parents or friends joining in watching here ..

Haha Thanks once again :)

Very neat setup. Would have loved a recliner in there ;)

Well was my dream to have a recliner too .. But our limitation being.. this is our third bedroom and we have converted it into a dedicated home theater room .. now in case of an additional guest joining us for overnight stay then to solve the issue have got a sofa cum bed made for this room..

Its quiet a long (almost 7 feet) sofa ..and if I wanna laze out then I can always pull the bed part forward :)

Hello !
Very beautiful setup and excellent placement of the screen. I think it is a perfect HT for a house...

Murali.

Murali Sir I have for long been a fan of your home theater and trust me.. reading your whole process of setting it up ignited the passion in me to go for it in my new house .. Thank You for your wonderful feedback .. :D:D

Congratulations for you cool setup! I know the feeling of a new house along with HT like this.

and you deserve your user name;)

Really appreciating your feedback m.a.sara ... :)

True ..the feeling is beyond words :D and I really wish all the Home Theater enthusiasts out here on this forum get to experience it at least once ..

Nice setup..however i doubt rear speakers hanged bit high on wall as per the listening position.. what do you say???

See one may get that feeling also bec of the panaroma shot I posted.. but they r just 2-2.5 feet above my ear level.. also they have been custom made where the twtr inside is in bending position a bit downwards.. will post a pic minus the cover

Hi!
What is the wall behind the seating and what is the pj shelf made of? Is it plywood?
Am planning to have a similar shelf for my pj though it is in the living room.

You might also like to consider this (Post 101).
I have also read the same suggestion in some pj reviews.

Yes certainly a valid point .. My door doesn't make any rattling sound and have now covered it with a leather quilt covering .. We have just shifted in .. So a more proper acoustical treatment if needed will certainly be done.. Haha you know am yet to watch a proper full movie in this set up.. am right now like the kid in a candy store and testing most of my blu-rays on it just to see how do they look on the screen :)

Absolutely amazing usage of space and one of the best Home Theater setup I have seen. This will be one of the reference page I will have bookmarked for my future HT room setup.

Hope I am not infringing on any intellectual property rights.

Absolutely amazing usage of space and one of the best Home Theater setup I have seen. This will be one of the reference page I will have bookmarked for my future HT room setup.

Hope I am not infringing on any intellectual property rights.

Thank You very much jsanand :) With such honour given.. do you think I would mind about any infringement :D

I will be more than happy if this set up inspires HT enthusiasts here just the way few set ups here inspired me for my own .. Good luck for your future HT mate :)

Thats a real good plan of the set up...
happy viewing experiences....
i am really motivated to borrow a couple of ideas...and will surely mention the credits....:clapping:
thanks

Thanks vinehs :D wishing you good luck for your future one .. credits not important.. you appreciated it here matters :)

Congrats on your wonderful and neat setup:clapping:.

"I haven't yet properly calibrated my Epson EH TW8100 "

Have you tried any calibration settings for your Epson Tw 8100 and can you share the details?

Hi,

Just wondering if you have any issues with remote operation of the 8100?
Do you need to point the remote directly at the pj or are you able to operate it pointed to the screen?
Also have you had any issues with the pj shifting slightly due to vibrations?

Hi,

Just wondering if you have any issues with remote operation of the 8100?
Do you need to point the remote directly at the pj or are you able to operate it pointed to the screen?
Also have you had any issues with the pj shifting slightly due to vibrations?

I am having no issues with the remote.. I am pointing it at the screen and operating and not at the PJ ..

Also am having absolutely no issues with shifting of PJ .. its there sitting firm on that platform :)

fantastic setting!! Nice System and Set-Up.The Dedicated Room Looks Awesome.Your hard work certainly paid off. You don't need to visit a theater again!! :) :clapping:

please do arrange a screening for hifi guys! :cool: :p

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back