Need help deciding between two LED's

Status
Not open for further replies.

XeroHertZ

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and i'm looking for help deciding between two sets. I live in Dubai and those are the two modles i'm confused about:

First is this Samsung 46" Series 8 LED TV:

[2012] UA46ES8000R Smart 46-Inch Full HD LED TV - Samsung UAE - OVERVIEW

and the second one is the Sony HX925:

KDL-46HX925 : HX925 Series : BRAVIA HD TV (LED & LCD) : Sony Middle East & Africa

So, which one shall I go for? I'm totally confused...I kind of lean towards the Samsung but not sure..

Thank you in advance :)

both are excellent tv's..........suggest to have a thorough demo, play the same video content on both and then compare. Play some HD and SD and see how they both handle the video. Also, remember to change the display setting on both the tv's to cinema or warm to accurately ascertain skin tones. Most stores have the setting on dynamic which is a total overkill!!! you want to make sure this does not happen. If you intend to hook up a computer to play games or watch movie, might be a good idea to carry a laptop to the store and hook it up to both the tv's and compare how they handle the signal.

If you care about picture quality, then get the Sony! Its a full array local dimming set with much superior PQ.

both are excellent tv's..........suggest to have a thorough demo, play the same video content on both and then compare. Play some HD and SD and see how they both handle the video. Also, remember to change the display setting on both the tv's to cinema or warm to accurately ascertain skin tones. Most stores have the setting on dynamic which is a total overkill!!! you want to make sure this does not happen. If you intend to hook up a computer to play games or watch movie, might be a good idea to carry a laptop to the store and hook it up to both the tv's and compare how they handle the signal.

Thanks for the feedback aakashr....and no It won't be used to hook to a pc for games...might be for movies through a laptop though but not games.

With respect to Picture Quality the HX925 is the best LCD/LED tv in india.

The samsung plays more formats VIA USB,but then again for a person who is spending that much on a tv,i would look at PQ as the primary criteria.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forums and i'm looking for help deciding between two sets. I live in Dubai and those are the two modles i'm confused about:

First is this Samsung 46" Series 8 LED TV:

[2012] UA46ES8000R Smart 46-Inch Full HD LED TV - Samsung UAE - OVERVIEW

and the second one is the Sony HX925:

KDL-46HX925 : HX925 Series : BRAVIA HD TV (LED & LCD) : Sony Middle East & Africa

So, which one shall I go for? I'm totally confused...I kind of lean towards the Samsung but not sure..

Thank you in advance :)

go through the review in detail, might help:
Sony HX929 / HX920 review - FlatpanelsHD
and in case you do happen to go with sony, you can use the same settings for calibration in the absence of a calibration disc. The rule is to always calibrate your display when you bring it home to suit your room lighting conditions.

the sony bravia is a Full array LED TV, which supports true local dimming, resulting in better black theoretically. Where as the samsung is an edge led tv, which in theory should have poor black levels comparatively. But in real world, I am not sure which is better.

If you want the best picture quality then why not buy the latest Panasonic plasmas with neodisplay panels. They are the progeny of the legendary pioneer Kuros. Blackest blacks and true to life colors. The Panasonic 55vt30 is a good model. In LED tv the sharp and lg also has some good models.

If you want the best picture quality then why not buy the latest Panasonic plasmas with neodisplay panels. They are the progeny of the legendary pioneer Kuros. Blackest blacks and true to life colors. The Panasonic 55vt30 is a good model. In LED tv the sharp and lg also has some good models.

and what's the price of that Panasonic your mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back