Need help for buying HTIB

josejames123

Everyone ,please help me out. I am a total new to this field. I want to purchase an HTIB. My maximum budget is 35K. I already have a cheap sound bar(sony SA32SE1) but it sounds real bad. So I need a total overhaul to my listening experience. Heard that Onkyo is good. Called up the Onkyo dealer here in Trivandrum . He is quoting 28K for Onkyo 3500 and 25K for 22hdx. I have a 32 inch sony led TV(EX 520) and a Videocon HD connection. The room is pretty small(14*8). Please suggest something

Everyone ,please help me out. I am a total new to this field. I want to purchase an HTIB. My maximum budget is 35K. I already have a cheap sound bar(sony SA32SE1) but it sounds real bad. So I need a total overhaul to my listening experience. Heard that Onkyo is good. Called up the Onkyo dealer here in Trivandrum . He is quoting 28K for Onkyo 3500 and 25K for 22hdx. I have a 32 inch sony led TV(EX 520) and a Videocon HD connection. The room is pretty small(14*8). Please suggest something

Hi Jose,

You are just in luck..........Onkyo HT-S3500 has just been launched and is your best best at the price. 22HDX is a 2.1 system which is great for guys who do not want a full 5.1. But since you have the budget for 5.1, please go with the 3500. It has all the bells and whistles you would ever need in the future for a fantastic price.

Another system that you can also demo is the Denon 1312XP. Price might be between 35-40k, but have a listen and then decide.

Another better option would be to go for an entry level AVR + 5.1 satellite speaker system, always better than HTIB.

AVR : Marantz, Denon, Onkyo
5.1 system : polk audio, wharfedale, Jamo, Boston Acoustics

ok..but how do I mix and match, I mean which speakers are the best and will they sound different based on the AVR used. Which combo is the best. Aakashr and other experts please chip in. It would be easier for an AV dealer to make me buy something that is not good since everything will sound awesome to my untrained ears. I don't wanna regret my decision later. Also can you list the best combos which comes around the 35K mark

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back