Need help on Selecting Sub Woofer

kraman

Hi,

I have Yamaha HTR5940, JBL 150W Floor Standers, planning to go for a Sub woofer

I have the below Sub Woofers in Mind

Wharfedale SW250
JBL E250P ( Seems to be bit costly )
200 W Polk DSW PRO 500

My Budget is around 20K, any good Sub other than the above is fine for me.
my Room size is 17x10

need your Suggestion on selecting the better one

Regards
Raman

Hi,

Out of the choices you've shortlisted I'd say Wharfedale is the ideal choice !! the SW250 is a very very decent Sub and a TFM product as with all Wharfedale !

So consider that ! There is a Polk 500W sub in the similar range ! please check that aswell for the room size you mention that power can really be boon !!

Regards.

Hi,

For Polk you have to visit Barton center in MG Road ! Pro-Fx are the whole and sole for that brand !

As with Wharfedale you may visit one in brigade road called Vector !

Regards.

Thank you for your valuable Suggestion,

Will Audition the below ones and decide

Wharfedale PS150/250
Polk 500
Mordaunt-Short Avant 309i

Regards

Hi,

You are most welcome buddy !!

The exact model number of polk is PSW PRO 500 ! and also checkout thier DSW PRO 600 aswell !

Also the Wharfedale model number is SW 150/250 ! the other series is PC (power cube) not PS !!

Regards.

The exact model number of polk is PSW PRO 500 ! and also checkout thier DSW PRO 600 aswell !

Also the Wharfedale model number is SW 150/250 ! the other series is PC (power cube) not PS !!

The model number is DSW PRO 500 , it is wrongly listed as PSW PRO in Profx website. However there is another model PSW505.

I got DSW PRO 500 for around 20K.

SW-250 is a very good sub but it was beyond my budget, it was around 38K or so.

Pradeep

Even my Budget is around 20K, I checked Avant 309i price,In bangalore it costs 19.7K, it incorporates an 'Adjustable Notch Filter' to enable more flexible control over the Sub Woofer position. and has aluminum driver and digital amplification, not yet Auditioned, need to check over the weekend

I know Audio planet in Koramangala Sells, any other dealer if you people know, please let me know.

Regards
Raman

Even my Budget is around 20K, I checked Avant 309i price,In bangalore it costs 19.7K, it incorporates an 'Adjustable Notch Filter' to enable more flexible control over the Sub Woofer position. and has aluminum driver and digital amplification, not yet Auditioned, need to check over the weekend

Raman

Hello Raman, Both the subs Avant 309i and Polk DSW PRO 500 have class-D amps, so there is no heat sink at the backside.

One main difference between them is that Polk can take speaker level inputs so that your sub can be used even in pure stereo mode.

Pradeep

Friends, I picked up Mordaunt-Short Avant 309i after Audition, it really rocks and perfect Sub for a Budget around 20K.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions

Regards..Raman

Congrats,
So have you completed setting up the sub?

Regards

Pradeep

Basic setup is done by myself, need to setup the notch filter by Studying the 309's output from the CD( provided along with the SUB) on an SPL meter to find a peak that can be ironed out by setting the notch filter accordingly.

I have asked Vendor( Audio Planet-Bangalore) to help setting that

Regards..Raman

Friends, I picked up Mordaunt-Short Avant 309i after Audition, it really rocks and perfect Sub for a Budget around 20K.

Thanks for your valuable suggestions

Regards..Raman

Did the MS309i outdo the competition from Polk and Wharfedale? I would be very surprised if it did that - of course only by looking at the specifications. Would value your thoughts on this.

Under 20K budget, this one seems to out beat others, this is my personal view :) ,request people using 309i to give more inputs.. regards

Under 20K budget, this one seems to out beat others, this is my personal view :) ,request people using 309i to give more inputs.. regards

Kraman - thanks for your thoughts. But did you audition the Wharfedale or the Polk and do a comparison?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back