Need help to setup HT with current setup

Hello guys,

I have couple of queries with respect setup an HT. I request you guys to guide me on this.

I have looking out for the Onkyo HTIBs from past couple of months. But still could not decide any thing due to some reasons. The most of the issue is, I have already having Philips Home theater 5.1 Speaker installed at my home, which was purchase during the 2005 which has 5.1 speaker with receiver. If I go for new Onkyo then the current one will be un-used. So what I am thinking is, keep the current speakers and go for only AVR. Since I was planning to go for Onkyo HTS 5300 but this does not have up-scaling the SD Video to HDMI. But I had read in other reviews Onkyo HTS 6300 has this feature and this uses 608 receiver. So, I was thinking just buy the 608 AVR and connect to the my current Philips speakers.

So what I would like to know is that, how the 608 AVR go with Philips 5.1 speakers or vise versa? Will I get very good quality audio by this setup?

Could you guys advise me on this?

Regards!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back