need suggestion

n_sachin84

do not post your queries in multiple places. Select the best sub forum and post it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,
Good evening. I am having denon 1908. in the beginning i was having wharf dale 9.2 only 2 fronts .After some time ,recently I have added wharf 9 cs center speakers. Now my problem is my music quality i feel is not good after adding center speakers .what do u think can be the reason? do i need to to tune all setting ? Music quality was excellent with only two front speakers .should i disconnect center speakers ? also if i remove connecting wires from center speakers will amp work (do i need to calibrate again)?

plz help me out with good suggestions
sachin

Hi ,
Good evening. I am having denon 1908. in the beginning i was having wharf dale 9.2 only 2 fronts .After some time ,recently I have added wharf 9 cs center speakers. Now my problem is my music quality i feel is not good after adding center speakers .what do u think can be the reason? do i need to to tune all setting ? Music quality was excellent with only two front speakers .should i disconnect center speakers ? also if i remove connecting wires from center speakers will amp work (do i need to calibrate again)?

plz help me out with good suggestions
sachin

Hi,
I don't have experience of same case, however following is my guess:
1. Your center speaker volume is not properly matched with L and R speakers, hence the overall sound is not good.
2. If your are using Auto-equalization like Audessey that was caliberated with only L and R speakers, then this setting won't work as good, after the center is added.
1. If you are driving the center speaker, it means you are artificially processing the stereo music signal thru the AVR by utilisizng some type of 5.1 mode (modes like Neomusic 5.1, Orchestra etc). Such processing has potential to disturb some parts of signal that give impact to music (for. e.g attack transients, timbral richness etc.)
2. The center speaker is reducing the expanse of soundstage, because the center channel is also mixing the sound of left and right channel a "little bit". This reduction of soundstage will reduce the grand spatial experience that you may have experienced earlier... hence the music doesn't sound all that impressive.

Reg your queries:
1. do i need to to tune all setting ? >> You need to do recaliberation with relevant settings for L, R and center speakers activated.
2. should i disconnect center speakers ? >> If you do, It wont do much good since the processing has mangled part of L and R signal already.
3. also if i remove connecting wires from center speakers will amp work >> It should. (It works on my Onkyo HTIB).
4. (do i need to calibrate again)? >> Definately. See (1) above.

Regds,

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back