New Panasonic VIERA P50V10 launched in india

After reading the price being offered at 1.35k by pana showroom guys in the forum i tried at alpha but v10 is not yet available with him. G10- 42" was quoted at 61k hence expect V10 to be priced equally good.

Oh k, i thought it was exclusive to SD, thanks for clarifying that for me.

Well i am in really a big dilemma now, i really want to go for the 50B550, i am getting it for 77.5 with the H1080 DVD player, although i dont really need the dvd player, it can be a supplement for the bedroom and also the reduction is only 1k w/o the dvd player.
But with all those 50hz problems i am reading about, i am a little scared. Is it really such a big problem in real world?..
And is it really worth going for 46B750 which i ll be getting for 1.1 lac or the V10 for 1.3 lac!!!

sadly, there's still no consensus on the reason behind the 50 Hz issue.. best would be burn the file posted by David in the link below and check it out for yourself..

http://www.avforums.com/review_comments/Samsung-PS50B560-Plasma-HDTV-Review.html#post10262457

Last edited:
After reading the price being offered at 1.35k by pana showroom guys in the forum i tried at alpha but v10 is not yet available with him. G10- 42" was quoted at 61k hence expect V10 to be priced equally good.

Oh k, do let me know the best price you can get there, ll try to bargain for the same here...

sadly, there's still no consensus on the reason behind the 50 Hz issue.. best would be burn the file posted by David in the link below and check it out for yourself..

Samsung PS50B560 Plasma HDTV Review at AVForums.com

Ya no one seems to come to any conclusion there...
Anyways the problem seems to be with the Crystal HD engine seen in B560 and above, even then ll try out the test in rajajinagar, if that arrogant idiot of a salesman agrees to do that there...

has any1 had a look @ 50B550???? How is the quality??? Is it better than pany 50" X10(720p)? Any idea on availability of that model in market? Is it worth waiting??

Oh k, do let me know the best price you can get there, ll try to bargain for the same here...

Got an update for you. Spoke with Devi International and they gave me a number of a guy who he said was from Panasonic. They said they offer the TV at whatever price he would quote. I told him there might be a few guys interested in getting the V10 from the forum. He told me to let him know whenever i have made my decision. I can share the number on this forum if required. Unfortunately i don't have his name. But i think he can give good discounts with more people

Last edited:
Got an update for you. Spoke with Devi International and they gave me a number of a guy who he said was from Panasonic. They said they offer the TV at whatever price he would quote. I told him there might be a few guys interested in getting the V10 from the forum. He told me to let him know whenever i have made my decision. I can share the number on this forum if required. Unfortunately i don't have his name. But i think he can give good discounts with more people

That's great, do pm me his no. or post it over here.
Lets negotiate together and lets see wat price v can get for it.
Or u can start a new thread inviting people who are interested to buy the V10 in bangalore.

That's great, do pm me his no. or post it over here.
Lets negotiate together and lets see wat price v can get for it.
Or u can start a new thread inviting people who are interested to buy the V10 in bangalore.

Infact Nikhil. I have not been able to find much time to start this new thread. I will start the thread and post the details there later on today. I hope he is really a Panny guy as told by Devi International Let us try getting in more people on the new thread in the meanwhile.

Last edited:
Got quotes for the following models, all at rajajinagar, Bangalore in ex. showrooms:

LG 47LH90- 88000
Pan P50V10- 1,29,000
Pan P50S10- 1,09,000
Sam PS50B550- 77,500 (Though not in stock anywhere)
Sam LA46B750- 1,10,000 (In stock)

Got quotes for the following models, all at rajajinagar, Bangalore in ex. showrooms:

LG 47LH90- 88000
Pan P50V10- 1,29,000
Pan P50S10- 1,09,000
Sam PS50B550- 77,500 (Though not in stock anywhere)
Sam LA46B750- 1,10,000 (In stock)

Nikhl J. R u sure about the 46B750? Was it at the Samsung exclusive showroom in Rajajinagar. Because i was given this quote for the 40 inch b750 there and he had no stock of the 46 incher. He was quoting 130000 at that time
Good to know that the Panny brandshop reduced the price to 129000 from 135k here at the Rajajinagar showroom. So personally wat have you decided to go ahead with

nikhil j, by any chance you had a look of samsung b550? howz the quality? BTW, you got any info on availlability? plz share with us ;) dealers in my place tell tat b550 is no more produced by samsung... any idea?

Nikhl J. R u sure about the 46B750? Was it at the Samsung exclusive showroom in Rajajinagar. Because i was given this quote for the 40 inch b750 there and he had no stock of the 46 incher. He was quoting 130000 at that time
Good to know that the Panny brandshop reduced the price to 129000 from 135k here at the Rajajinagar showroom. So personally wat have you decided to go ahead with

Well forgot to mention that the samsung prices quoted were of employee discount, i mixed it up...
Yup, he quoted 1,30,000 and he said it was in stock.

And about the V10, i loved it and loved the way the sales reps helped me out by connecting each and every source i asked for, its unbelievable how dedicated they are(Samsung raj. should learn).
But the problem is with the budget, my dad is just not ready to shell out more than a lakh.

To him LG 47LH90 looked better, even wen i put it in movie mode, but frankly i dont blame him, there r very light differences.

But to me, i just cant stand motion blur, it gives me an headache every time and sadly the 200Hz processing in LH90 does not separate blur and judder reduction, it makes everything look like its shot wit a video cam, which i witnessed while watching a clip of Transformers 2.

So its either 50B550 which i think is a steal at 77k or the 47LH90.
But the sam dealer said its very difficult to get, even sam warehouse has no stock, so fingers crossed!:sad:

nikhil j, by any chance you had a look of samsung b550? howz the quality? BTW, you got any info on availlability? plz share with us ;) dealers in my place tell tat b550 is no more produced by samsung... any idea?

yup had auditioned for a short while when it was displayed at rajajinagar, but because of the cocky sales rep could not ascertain abt the quality much, but it looked pretty good and is a very good tv for the price.
Unfortunately, i too got the same reply from the dealer that its not in stock anywher as i have mentioned in the above post...

Well forgot to mention that the samsung prices quoted were of employee discount, i mixed it up...
Yup, he quoted 1,30,000 and he said it was in stock.

And about the V10, i loved it and loved the way the sales reps helped me out by connecting each and every source i asked for, its unbelievable how dedicated they are(Samsung raj. should learn).
But the problem is with the budget, my dad is just not ready to shell out more than a lakh.

To him LG 47LH90 looked better, even wen i put it in movie mode, but frankly i dont blame him, there r very light differences.

But to me, i just cant stand motion blur, it gives me an headache every time and sadly the 200Hz processing in LH90 does not separate blur and judder reduction, it makes everything look like its shot wit a video cam, which i witnessed while watching a clip of Transformers 2.

So its either 50B550 which i think is a steal at 77k or the 47LH90.
But the sam dealer said its very difficult to get, even sam warehouse has no stock, so fingers crossed!:sad:

Not surprising your experiences with Samsung Rajajinagar. My experience too was horrible. The guys there were fighting because i asked for a better source to be connected to the B750. While one of the guys came forth to plug in a better souce the other guy got quite p**sed
Thanks for your inputs on the V10. Its really nice to hear that you auditioned it and loved it. I think i need to make a visit there again this weekend. My max budget is 110k and i can probably stretch it by a few thousands. So i guess i will have to wait further for prices to come down.

Not surprising your experiences with Samsung Rajajinagar. My experience too was horrible. The guys there were fighting because i asked for a better source to be connected to the B750. While one of the guys came forth to plug in a better souce the other guy got quite p**sed
Thanks for your inputs on the V10. Its really nice to hear that you auditioned it and loved it. I think i need to make a visit there again this weekend. My max budget is 110k and i can probably stretch it by a few thousands. So i guess i will have to wait further for prices to come down.

Well the prices should come down, but i doubt if it'll be in the league of price slashing achieved by the korean ones!..
But be sure to connect a good source to the V10, cause SD wont do justice to it, sammy did a better job at that. In fact V10 was very mediocre with SD.
If you use DVD and DTH as your primary source, then do go with Samsungs, the extra cash you'll be payin will not be worth it.

And if you are going by to audition it, do drop in after 2 or 3 days, they are making HD connections just now, and they had an issue with the HDMI splitter.

Well the prices should come down, but i doubt if it'll be in the league of price slashing achieved by the korean ones!..
But be sure to connect a good source to the V10, cause SD wont do justice to it, sammy did a better job at that. In fact V10 was very mediocre with SD.
If you use DVD and DTH as your primary source, then do go with Samsungs, the extra cash you'll be payin will not be worth it.

And if you are going by to audition it, do drop in after 2 or 3 days, they are making HD connections just now, and they had an issue with the HDMI splitter.

Thanks for letting me know about the splitter thingie.never expected the V10 to be good with SD. Infact SD is hardly an issue for me. My ultimate buying decision will be influenced by blu rays and future HD availability. My understanding however is that it will play 576p sources quite well. So progressive signals from your DVD player should be be good. Did you check out this option?

Last edited:
yup had auditioned for a short while when it was displayed at rajajinagar, but because of the cocky sales rep could not ascertain abt the quality much, but it looked pretty good and is a very good tv for the price.
Unfortunately, i too got the same reply from the dealer that its not in stock anywher as i have mentioned in the above post...

Thanks for the reply ;) If you get any details regarding availability of b550 plz let us know. Btw, how is 50" X10 compared to b550? Is it worth waiting for b550??

Thanks for letting me know about the splitter thingie.never expected the V10 to be good with SD. Infact SD is hardly an issue for me. My ultimate buying decision will be influenced by blu rays and future HD availability. My understanding however is that it will play 576p sources quite well. So progressive signals from your DVD player should be be good. Did you check out this option?

Well the rep played a dvd but the feed was composite so don't think it was progressive and it looked very ordinary.
But anyway dvds shouldn't be a problem, cause nowadays good DVD/Blu-Ray players and PS3 upscale very well.

And also forgot to mention, the one sheet of glass design is good on brochures, but in person it isn't that special, it looks similar to 50S10 below it there.

Thanks for the reply ;) If you get any details regarding availability of b550 plz let us know. Btw, how is 50" X10 compared to b550? Is it worth waiting for b550??

The 50B550 is certainly a good step up from the X1 which is only HD ready and also X1's color accuracy is pretty shabby. And i think you'll be payin more for the X1 !!!

Contacted a dealer in BTM layout by name Raj tronics, he said it'll take around a month to get the stock, but he can bill it for you right now for the diwali offers that are going on...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back