New Sony KDL55W950B or KDL55W950A ? A lot confused :(

mailme_swami

Hi All,
I am going to buy a new FULL HD LED TV with 3D. Based on the viewing distance in my home (13 feet), I am going to 55 inch model. I have read through many of the posts in this forum and decided to go with Sony W950 model based on its positive feedback. My budget is around 1.5 Lakh.

My confusion is whether I should go for 950A or the new 950B ? Both are rated at the same price.

As i understand, 950B comes with IPS panel and Xtended Dynamic Range with Motionflow XR 400.

950A comes with VA panel and Motionflow XR 800.

What difference does it make ?

Also 950B is provided with passive 3d glasses and 950A with active 3d glasses. What should i go for ?

My preferences are,
1. Excellent Picture Quality
2. Excellent 3D
3. Nice Viewing angles
4. Good Sound

Please help me out with your suggestions and the points which i missed out.
Also is there any best 55inch TV what will fit in my budget ?

Hi. I own a Sony W950A and would definitely recommend this over the Sony W950B. It was one of the most highly rated televisions last year, according to multiple online sources. The black levels on this set are stunning and due to the absence of a VA panel in the W950B, you're not going to get the same inky blacks. The active 3D is excellent, the glasses are pretty light. The viewing angles aren't great, or so the reviews say, this has never been an area of concern for me. The room where I have my W950A is closed and in this room at least, I find the sound to be pretty good.

I'm not sure what difference the motionflow rating is going to make but the panel is going to make a huge difference, with the W950A running out a clear winner. That's my 2 cents.

Hi. I own a Sony W950A and would definitely recommend this over the Sony W950B. It was one of the most highly rated televisions last year, according to multiple online sources. The black levels on this set are stunning and due to the absence of a VA panel in the W950B, you're not going to get the same inky blacks. The active 3D is excellent, the glasses are pretty light. The viewing angles aren't great, or so the reviews say, this has never been an area of concern for me. The room where I have my W950A is closed and in this room at least, I find the sound to be pretty good.

I'm not sure what difference the motionflow rating is going to make but the panel is going to make a huge difference, with the W950A running out a clear winner. That's my 2 cents.

Thanks for the info :) It will definitely going to help me in buying decision. 950A it is.

W950B actually has the worst black levels and contrast of any modern HDTV not just among the high end.

oh okay :) I had a demo of the TVs in Croma and Reliance Digital and the Sales man at both the places are trying to push to buy Samsung rather than other companies. I really find it to be something odd.

oh okay :) I had a demo of the TVs in Croma and Reliance Digital and the Sales man at both the places are trying to push to buy Samsung rather than other companies. I really find it to be something odd.

That's because Samsung TVs have the largest margin for the dealers, so they push Samsung. :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back