Switch channels and content regularly.
1+1 is for panel issues.
Put your mind at ease and enjoy

Disclosure:
I have this model. Bought during 2018 Deepavali

Cheers,
Raghu
I agree with the comments made here.

Would only advise to ensure that you are not getting a display piece.
I have a C765 bought in December'17.
No issues so far, except that having experienced the picture quality from this TV, it is impossible to watch other TVs in the home and hence those rooms are unusable for me now ;-)

Dear LG Oled Owners Please answer-
I am planning to buy a LG C8 55" for 1.3 with 10 k cash back after 3 months which means effective price will be 1.2. Is it a good price considering we are in 2019 ??& c9 is about to launch sooner or later in india & i am offered with( 1+1) year additional warranty on panel. I have a doubt, if in these two years i face any burn in issue on screen than is it covered under panel warranty?? Will LG replace by panel ?? i got this quotation for LG authorized Brand store.

Your answers to this will be highly appreciated .

Thanks in Advance!!

Yes, It appears LG is again offering 17.5% cashback for OLED models till 31st Jan, so better check in retail showrooms too as they might accept to swipe 2 credit cards so that you can get 9K+9K cashback...

In chennai while i was enquiring for C8 only Retail stores were ready to swipe 2 credit cards.

Yes, It appears LG is again offering 17.5% cashback for OLED models till 31st Jan, so better check in retail showrooms too as they might accept to swipe 2 credit cards so that you can get 9K+9K cashback...

In chennai while i was enquiring for C8 only Retail stores were ready to swipe 2 credit cards.
But they need to enter serial number for swapping nd one serial number of tv can be used for 9k quota .. if i am not wrong

But they need to enter serial number for swapping nd one serial number of tv can be used for 9k quota .. if i am not wrong
at chroma stores chennai, the seller has told that he can swipe two card (9k*2) cashback. He told this during our discussion on 65" c8 model and didn't mention that for 55".

It's a good deal. And a good TV.
Buy it. Use the TV normally and enjoy.
Switch channels and content regularly.
1+1 is for panel issues.
Put your mind at ease and enjoy

Disclosure:
I have this model. Bought during 2018 Deepavali

Cheers,
Raghu
Brother thanks for your reply.. But i certainly want to know that burn in issue is covered under panel warranty or not?? Will Lg replace my panel if i experience any burning issue in these two years??

Brother thanks for your reply.. But i certainly want to know that burn in issue is covered under panel warranty or not?? Will Lg replace my panel if i experience any burning issue in these two years??
I certainly hope so. Otherwise why would LG give the extra year warranty.
Cheers,
Raghu

what could possibly the best settings for watching cricket on Hotstar or Sonyliv app?
I tried few settings but could not achieve smooth motion.

COST OF Acquisition of OLED?-

TV min RS 1.4 LAKH + NEW AV receiver to support 4K + HDR+ DOLBY VISION cost MIN 80K + 4K BLU RAY PLAYER min 5K
But blu ray player with DOLBY VISION costs min 16k+ netflix per month RS 800 .

COST OF Acquisition of OLED?-

TV min RS 1.4 LAKH + NEW AV receiver to support 4K + HDR+ DOLBY VISION cost MIN 80K + 4K BLU RAY PLAYER min 5K
But blu ray player with DOLBY VISION costs min 16k+ netflix per month RS 800 .

Well ... You forgot to add high speed BB cost (fiber if streaming 4K) ;)

This is one way to look at the system - AVR centric. 4K is a video artifact. AVR doesn't do much for video.
Why not look at it from a TV centric point. TVs can render 4K/DV/HDR or upscale if necessary or forced to.

AVR is required to handle audio formats.
ATMOS and other new stuff "may" not be possible via ARC, but DD/DD+ and DTS is doable.
And these formats may suffice for many homes.

Most high end TVs come with multiple HDMI inputs (3 at least).
Netflix/Prime are native to LG (probably other brands too).
Other streaming services can be via Chromecast (HD) or Chromecast Ultra (4K). Chromecast attached to TV.
You can still attach a BD player or game console or STB to the TV.
Think about it. Plan around what you have and will use. There is always a solution.

Netflix/Prime have growing 4K/DV/HDR/ATMOS content. It'll only get larger.
It is a only matter of time before Hotstar/SonyLiv start streaming 4K/HDR.

Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:
Well ... You forgot to add high speed BB cost (fiber if streaming 4K) ;)

This is one way to look at the system - AVR centric. 4K is a video artifact. AVR doesn't do much for video.
Why not look at it from a TV centric point. TVs can render 4K/DV/HDR or upscale if necessary or forced to.

AVR is required to handle audio formats.
ATMOS and other new stuff "may" not be possible via ARC, but DD/DD+ and DTS is doable.
And these formats may suffice for many homes.

Most high end TVs come with multiple HDMI inputs (3 at least).
Netflix/Prime are native to LG (probably other brands too).
Other streaming services can be via Chromecast (HD) or Chromecast Ultra (4K). Chromecast attached to TV.
You can still attach a BD player or game console or STB to the TV.
Think about it. Plan around what you have and will use. There is always a solution.

Netflix/Prime have growing 4K/DV/HDR/ATMOS content. It'll only get larger.
It is a only matter of time before Hotstar/SonyLiv start streaming 4K/HDR.

Cheers,
Raghu
BROADBAND, WELL SAID SIR.My viewpoint is from AVR point of view and to use All facilities of OLED specs.
WITHOUT AVR ATMOS CANT BE ENJOYED,WITHOUT BLuRAY DISC DOLBY VISION cant be used.
Also directly in the LG C8 dual audio and subs are very difficult to set.

BROADBAND, WELL SAID SIR.My viewpoint is from AVR point of view and to use All facilities of OLED specs.
WITHOUT AVR ATMOS CANT BE ENJOYED,WITHOUT BLuRAY DISC DOLBY VISION cant be used.

OLED spec and DV/HDR has nothing to do with AVR. It is all handled in the TV.
AVR is required to enhance sound experience. ATMOS requires newer AVRs (and more speakers).

So...
Someone who can't implement an AVR and the whole family of speakers in their living room can still enjoy an OLED or 4K TV.

Cheers,
Raghu

Dolby vision doesn't need avr, it's just atmos that you need new receiver, and worst case for someone like me who has old receiver I have to content with dolby d+ sound instead of dta MA as my receiver only supports HDMI 1.4 and can't pass through 4K and HDR.

Any new tech will require you to upgrade together for a complete experience, but like always you can just spread that upgrade. I am going to wait further to upgrade my AVR till they get HDMI 2.1 support, till then I am content with DTS sound.

After long wait ,finally today I have Booked LG C8 55 inch .
VENUE- Reliance digital ,Pheonix mall, whitefield Bangalore .
AMOUNT -RS 1,35,000/ Through HDFC paper finance .15 Months EMI ,0 interest plus +1 year Additional Warranty.(RS 885 GST and others)
Cashback RS2500 after 3 emi payments to SAVING BANK account.
total 1,32,500.

Off topic: Anyone buying LG oled, message me for free gift code.

After long wait ,finally today I have Booked LG C8 55 inch .
VENUE- Reliance digital ,Pheonix mall, whitefield Bangalore .
AMOUNT -RS 1,35,000/ Through HDFC paper finance .15 Months EMI ,0 interest plus +1 year Additional Warranty.(RS 885 GST and others)
Cashback RS2500 after 3 emi payments to SAVING BANK account.
total 1,32,500.

Congrats, 1 year additional warranty from LG directly?

Getting LG C8 for 1.4lakh from Khosla electronics Kolkata. Shall I buy the extended warranty now or can it be purchased anytime before the end of the standard 2 yrs warranty ?

Getting LG C8 for 1.4lakh from Khosla electronics Kolkata. Shall I buy the extended warranty now or can it be purchased anytime before the end of the standard 2 yrs warranty ?

Good thing about LG is it allows us to take the extended warranty even after expiry of warranty period...

"In case the service contract is to be entered into after the expiry of warranty period or of previous contract, the contract will be accepted subject to checking of the equipment by the company's representative and verifying that it is in working condition. In case set is found defective and any repair needs to be done, then it will be repaired first and then taken into contract and the cost (labor and parts) shall be borne by the customer."

Good thing about LG is it allows us to take the extended warranty even after expiry of warranty period...

"In case the service contract is to be entered into after the expiry of warranty period or of previous contract, the contract will be accepted subject to checking of the equipment by the company's representative and verifying that it is in working condition. In case set is found defective and any repair needs to be done, then it will be repaired first and then taken into contract and the cost (labor and parts) shall be borne by the customer."
Thank you. So that clears the issue pretty much.

Back