OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Don't try online. Try offline shops in your area.
Also from what I've heard the LG CX65 is still available for 1.7 approx and you'll get Sony A8H 65 for around 2.2.

Do keep in mind.
Whats your location btw?

Don't try online. Try offline shops in your area.
Also from what I've heard the LG CX65 is still available for 1.7 approx and you'll get Sony A8H 65 for around 2.2.

Do keep in mind.
Whats your location btw?
My location is an issue and is a challenge for most things
Port Blair. So I've to identify and order from some shop and get it shipped here by that shop or Sony dealer here.

Is the CX65 , the correct counterpart for the 65A8H? I mean all other things considered
Last year c9 was compared to A9 and in many criteria won against it as well. So the successor cx is easily a counterpart to 8H and a better VFM Tv IMO.You will be 100% happy with both cx and A8H for sure. Go for the Sony if u don’t mind spending the extra cash.

Get the sony, even the a8g for picture. It has usability issues and geneic OS coupled with IR remote but when it comes to PQ, it's just better.

I have the LG and Sony in 2 different rooms. Though I cannot pinpoint the picture difference, if I continue what I was watching midway from sony to LG, it looks like a not a continuity. Looks like a downgrade. If I do the vice versa, it looks like I have missed something for the first half and keep rewatching. This is for 4k, HDR and DV content. Will post some pictures to get an idea, though pics are nit the greatest representation of what u see in real life.

Ha ha! This Sony Vs LG in OLED battle sounds like Ford Vs Ferrari film theme. Where Sony tries to be the Ford that wants to compete in car race (OLED race in this case). Lol!

What's the
Get the sony, even the a8g for picture. It has usability issues and geneic OS coupled with IR remote but when it comes to PQ, it's just better.

I have the LG and Sony in 2 different rooms. Though I cannot pinpoint the picture difference, if I continue what I was watching midway from sony to LG, it looks like a not a continuity. Looks like a downgrade. If I do the vice versa, it looks like I have missed something for the first half and keep rewatching. This is for 4k, HDR and DV content. Will post some pictures to get an idea, though pics are nit the greatest representation of what u see in real life.
What's the usability issues like?
I assumed the Android OS would be rather friendly than the LG Web OS?
And is the remote for the LG better ?

LG has a magic remote as you are aware. It is user friendly like a mouse to a computer display. Sony has Hider Ali times remote.

A8g remote is a joke. Sony provides the same plastic remote found on low-mid tv models and also the tv finish is plastic and tv doesn’t look premium.UI also is much better with web OS. I hate using my Sony tv which I use in the living room after getting used to the webos.Many showrooms still have 8g and 9g for demo so chances are you will get a demo unit. Look at only 8H and CX. Try taking a demo. Al major showrooms have the Sony lg oleds installed next to each other so you can easily find out which is better as per your eyes. First thing I did after getting used to c9 after few months of using it was I went to show room and once again did side by side comparisons to check if I have missed out on something. I can confidently say I made the right call picking the c9 over Sony. Both Sony and LG oled’s are awesome and produce excellent picture quality. Key differences I noticed was Sony wins in upscaling and looks sharp. Rest all is a win for LG. More bright and dynamic HDR, does DV better, also better after sales service in terms of panel replacement which they do even after warranty period and priced less then Sony. Get A8h or the CX you will be 100% happy with any one

A8g remote is a joke. Sony provides the same plastic remote found on low-mid tv models and also the tv finish is plastic and tv doesn’t look premium.UI also is much better with web OS. I hate using my Sony tv which I use in the living room after getting used to the webos.Many showrooms still have 8g and 9g for demo so chances are you will get a demo unit. Look at only 8H and CX. Try taking a demo. Al major showrooms have the Sony lg oleds installed next to each other so you can easily find out which is better as per your eyes. First thing I did after getting used to c9 after few months of using it was I went to show room and once again did side by side comparisons to check if I have missed out on something. I can confidently say I made the right call picking the c9 over Sony. Both Sony and LG oled’s are awesome and produce excellent picture quality. Key differences I noticed was Sony wins in upscaling and looks sharp. Rest all is a win for LG. More bright and dynamic HDR, does DV better, also better after sales service in terms of panel replacement which they do even after warranty period and priced less then Sony. Get A8h or the CX you will be 100% happy with any one
Isn't the Android OS more diverse in terms of play store apps than say the WebOS,? I always assumed the wider options in the Android make it better choice than the proprietary Web OS.
What am I missing.

Isn't the Android OS more diverse in terms of play store apps than say the WebOS,? I always assumed the wider options in the Android make it better choice than the proprietary Web OS.
What am I missing.
I use nvidia shield as well. It has the same android and UI as the Sony. I don’t like the UI or user experience in both my Sony and shield TV.Other then Kodi you get all the necessary apps in webos. UI is much better and I find it pleasing to use. It’s just my taste . What I would recommend you is to visit some showroom and demo both Sony and LG side by side. Getting users feedback should be just a reference for you. I am glad I did that cause I would have purchased the A8g if not for live demo as I am a biased Sony fan and always used Sony tv’s before the c9. I never even consider any tv other over Sony. My point is if u end up liking the LG Oled you get to save some amount and get other benefits in performance and features. If you like the Sony good choice again.Check out this thread on my journey with choosing the c9 over A8. I decided for tv upgrade finalising the 55A8g and never even considered the C9.After weeks of demo I never really got the wow factor cause 55 inch doesn’t cut it or atleast for me. I was like what is so special with Oled,4kHdr,DV. It was when I started to audition the 65 inches I got stunned. Only reason for me to pick the c9 was it faired well against the Sony in my side by side comparisons where as in all my previous tv comparisons nothing came close to Sony. For me Sony has always been the benchmark in Tv’s.

Last edited:
What's the

What's the usability issues like?
Android is in a very soupy mess at this point.
And that's coming from someone who's heavily invested in the ecosystem, from Nests to WearOS and Android TVs.

I was very excited to get my first Android tv, although it was a cheaper one and not one of the big 3.
The UX was terrible. Lags everywhere. It almost felt like my Android watch part 2 which is another laggy mess.

And from what I've heard, the experience is similar even in high end Sony TVs with Android TV.

Initially, I was very skeptical of getting the LG CX because of WebOS. I preferred Android TV.
Then I thought I would get an external box like shield or MiTv and went ahead with the CX.

It's been 2 weeks and I'm constantly blown by WebOS every single day and have no plans of getting another external Android TV box. It is fluid and pure magic. I don't think any smart tv interface comes close to this. I've tried Samsung's UI as well and although it looks pretty similar and smooth, the main difference would be the gyro enabled mouse pointer. It's a pleasure to use it indeed.

Also, the CX interfaces perfectly with my Google Home and Routines. I'm able to switch it on and off with my Nest mini and also get stuff to play on it. There is inbuilt Google assistant support as well on the CX, you can give assistant commands to the remote and it would act on it.

Yes, apps are indeed an issue. AndroidTV is obviously the winner. But even when I had my Android TV, apart from the initial first few days of excitement, I never had the need for any other apps apart from the consolidated few OTT ones. And they're all present on WebOS.

So, if you're ever boiling down the decision of Sony vs LG to the OS/Interface. Then go for the LG one. Worst case scenario if you really do need Android TV for something specific, you could get a MiTV 4K for around ~3500 and call it a day.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back