OLED TV's price/best quote thread

As for black crush in LG, I see specifically in corners or far off screen. Looks like the picture engine is optimised to represent the crux of the screen rather than everything with equal importance in case of a dark scene contention. Which means, you dont miss anything important just by looking at the LG but becomes blatantly visible in comparison.
So in predominantly dark scene, unimportant things in the edges and corners could vanish into dark beyond human perception limit. I think the reviewers should be aware of this but not much talk..

No cashback or any mainland offers here. Lg store when I called is clueless about CX and quoting 3+!!! I'll have to go down directly and wake em up.
The cx costs less then Sony A8h here. Minimum 40k difference with all CB offers. You won’t get the best quotes over call. Best is you visit the showroom and have a demo. Once u decide between A8h and cx try to negotiate for a better deal.

Slightly neon looking green on LG. Details are a bit scrubbed off. This is with default and correct sharpness setting of 10.
7DD2D589-1DC3-47A3-9224-213BEB955316.jpeg

Sony has a bit more sharpness and grass looks a better green.
35139E50-3D89-4D4A-B0E0-A430D1FF6270.jpeg

Obviously, these pictures are just examples. They would look much more better in reality. I’ll post another one from 1917.

Edit:
LG gamma at 2.2 but adjusted the 2 and 20 point WB to restore some contrast.
Warm 2.

Sony gamma at 0 which should be 2.2.
Expert 1.

Last edited:
The cx costs less then Sony A8h here. Minimum 40k difference with all CB offers. You won’t get the best quotes over call. Best is you visit the showroom and have a demo. Once u decide between A8h and cx try to negotiate for a better deal.
What's a reasonable settlement for the A8h you reckon , all things considered here?

All things considered and consodering remote location, push for 2-2.1L for CX and 2.4-2.5L for A8H.

Everywhere else, the difference between A8G and A8H is 30k. Difference between CX and A8H is 50k for the 65". That is in the lowest offer. Normally CX will cost same as A8G and 30k difference to A8H.

All things considered and consodering remote location, push for 2-2.1L for CX and 2.4-2.5L for A8H.

Everywhere else, the difference between A8G and A8H is 30k. Difference between CX and A8H is 50k for the 65". That is in the lowest offer. Normally CX will cost same as A8G and 30k difference to A8H.
That's a good thumb rule. Thanks.
Anyone here can you please give me store names of big box stores that may have these sets in stock,?
1.Croma
2.Reliance Digital
3.Bajaj Electricals
4.Vijay Sales
5.??

I'll contact them and try direct also.

Stronger blues? I still haven’t check the pictures yet and Blasto has set his cx at warm 2. In c9 warm 1 is neutral.
Warm 1 is cooler. This is across all LG C series I compared. It throws off colour balance. If you like it stay with it. That’s what matters.

Warm 2 is closer to cinema white.

Warm 1 is cooler. This is across all LG C series I compared. It throws off colour balance. If you like it stay with it. That’s what matters.

Warm 2 is closer to cinema white.
Warm 2 looks greenish,pale and colors look off balance.Warm 3 is even worse. warm 1 looks more neutral. In cinema home you get to select the color temperature from w50-c50 and 0 being in between both cool and warm. So in cinema home i kept w30 which is cinema white and more toward the warmer side. In cinema mode kept it at warm 1 and compared so many contents back to back and they both match so definitely warm 1 is not on the cooler side.

Last edited:
People love LG because of the value it offers. If Sony OLEDs were priced at the same as that of LG, people most likely would prefer Sony over LG.
Any brand any product people buy the product that is priced better and offers better value.Sony pricing has always been bad which has helped other brands. Better products always cost more. How LG managed to beat sony in the oled game is by giving a better product overall cause every one who got LG oled can afford a sony oled excluding the master series and also would have done all the side by side tests and research online. I did not finalize on C9 by doing side by side tests only on A8g but also the A9g.Soon it may change though. Sony pricing this year has been better and few years down the line Sony may become the new Oled king

Last edited:
Warm 2 looks greenish,pale and colors look off balance.Warm 3 is even worse. warm 1 looks more neutral. In cinema home you get to select the color temperature from w50-c50 and 0 being in between both cool and warm. So in cinema home i kept w30 which is cinema white and more toward the warmer side. In cinema mode kept it at warm 1 and compared so many contents back to back and they both match so definitely warm 1 is not on the cooler side.

What is warm3? Not able to see in cx?

What is warm3? Not able to see in cx?
Colour temperature settings. Guess each year they change. Can u please give me the time stamp for that last black crush image? I need to check and I can’t find that scene

Attachments

• D432345D-E456-43D6-9E68-FC139253CA91.jpeg
    D432345D-E456-43D6-9E68-FC139253CA91.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 12
Some pics to demonstrate the difference.
Please be noted that it is only representative and not absolute.

LG is in Cinema mode with Warm2 mode. Cannot get warmer than this. Also the white balance setting is adjusted slightly to reduce blue and increase red otherwise it is more blue-er. (TV caliberation with darco settings)

LG
View attachment 52361

Sony
View attachment 52362

Blown up parts are of different light intensity. Sony is more impactful and represents the blond hair and skin colour better with better highlights. LG appears bluish.

LG
View attachment 52363

Sony
View attachment 52364

Sony represents the evening sun and the resultant glow in trees and ground better in the picture. Also there is a bit of black crush in LG towards the far right and far left.

LG
View attachment 52365

Sony
View attachment 52366

Notice the intensity of the table lamp and overall warmer colour in sony. LG appears bluish which is kind of evident in comparison.

LG
View attachment 52367

Sony
View attachment 52368

Notice black crush in far right in LG.
I don’t think you have set the black levels correctly. Look at my pics from the c9. I have also changed the colour temperature to warm2 since the other fm suggested it’s the right settings.There is no black crush in the c9 and also compared to my pics and yours,the Sony has more black crush. In the first image right side to the female you can clearly see 2 chairs which is crushed in both sony and cx.In the next image more details on what is behind the character as well. The image looks much sharper, clearer with better skin tone and my mobile camera completely removes the crisp details in the image. Also the face is very clear in the second image but the background light covers it in the camera pic

Attachments

• 4DBC31CC-AE63-47C1-8CB9-1F64ED75FFC9.jpeg
    4DBC31CC-AE63-47C1-8CB9-1F64ED75FFC9.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 10732173-9E8E-4D05-98F1-C809C17467B8.jpeg
    10732173-9E8E-4D05-98F1-C809C17467B8.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back