OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Thanks I'll set 2.25 as the benchmark price for sony 65A8H for me. I'll negotiate shipping effort and location penalty on top of this.
Any idea for the average for the CX 65?
A benchmark price of 1.70 should be fair. If the difference between the A8H and the CX is more than 20K, I think you should go for the CX, especially if it comes with 3 year warranty.

A benchmark price of 1.70 should be fair. If the difference between the A8H and the CX is more than 20K, I think you should go for the CX, especially if it comes with 3 year warranty.
So you mean 1.70 for the CX65 and 2.25 for the A8H is about right as benchmarks,?

I don’t think the CX will be available for 1.7L. It should cost around 1.9 to 1.95. Here FM’s where getting it for that price as Diwali offer which includes cash back as well

People love LG because of the value it offers. If Sony OLEDs were priced at the same as that of LG, people most likely would prefer Sony over LG.
I don’t think the CX will be available for 1.7L. It should cost around 1.9 to 1.95. Here FM’s where getting it for that price as Diwali offer which includes cash back as well
I will keep the benchmarks realistic around 1.95 lacs for Lg65cx and 2.35 for Sony65A8H.
Is that seem fair?
I'll now try to go on the hunting mission across the seas to see how best this can be worked out.

I will keep the benchmarks realistic around 1.95 lacs for Lg65cx and 2.35 for Sony65A8H.
Is that seem fair?
I'll now try to go on the hunting mission across the seas to see how best this can be worked out.
It's also irksome to see the spread of prices FMs have paid based on location and offers of the time and the particular dealer in question. Makes the range pretty wide and makes things difficult for me to convince myself to overpay for the same item. I mean I'm willing to bear shipping penalty for distance but offers and cashbacks etc should atleast be translated. Else I'm quoted really close to the actual sky high MRP which exists no where except on the official sony and LG site on their product page which puts both these in the 3lac neighbourhood.

Is that seem fair?
Yeah reasonable price. LG even though costs less then Sony doesn’t mean performance is any less. Just that LG is pricing it’s product better. So if cost is a concern go for the cx. Sony you are paying extra money for a tv that performs as good as cx with both out performing each other at different criterias for example Sony better upscaling and less stutter but not bright and dynamic as lg and also with less features compared to LG. Also UI is much better with LG and better after sales service interms of addressing burn in. So it’s your call

Little OT.. i purchased CX65 during Diwali and still waiting for table top stand for installation which LG says is out of stock and will take another week or 10 days.

staring at the box for 5 days now is sad .... wondering if anyone else especially from Hyderabad has got table top installed in last few days.
I got my stand today, took 9 days , FYI I am from Chandigarh

I don’t think you have set the black levels correctly. Look at my pics from the c9. I have also changed the colour temperature to warm2 since the other fm suggested it’s the right settings.There is no black crush in the c9 and also compared to my pics and yours,the Sony has more black crush. In the first image right side to the female you can clearly see 2 chairs which is crushed in both sony and cx.In the next image more details on what is behind the character as well. The image looks much sharper, clearer with better skin tone and my mobile camera completely removes the crisp details in the image. Also the face is very clear in the second image but the background light covers it in the camera pic
Thank you @BLASTO and @Love4sound . This would help arrive at good settings for CX.
Pics from C9 are bright but picture crispness is missing.

I don’t think you have set the black levels correctly. Look at my pics from the c9. I have also changed the colour temperature to warm2 since the other fm suggested it’s the right settings.There is no black crush in the c9 and also compared to my pics and yours,the Sony has more black crush. In the first image right side to the female you can clearly see 2 chairs which is crushed in both sony and cx.In the next image more details on what is behind the character as well. The image looks much sharper, clearer with better skin tone and my mobile camera completely removes the crisp details in the image. Also the face is very clear in the second image but the background light covers it in the camera pic
This looks better but overexposed.
What is your settings? Cinema or Cinema Home?

This looks better but overexposed.
What is your settings? Cinema or Cinema Home?
Overexposed is due to the camera which I have clearly explained. I took pic in my phone and sent the image to wife in what’s ap so I can attach it here. It is a compressed image and the background light is highly saturating the image. Please ignore every aspect in that image apart from shadow details. And also you can never capture HDR using a phone camera.He has clearly not set the black levels correctly and hence to much black crush on both cx and Sony. The image was clicked using cinema mode. I used calibrating slides to set black levels for both SDR and HDR. Disabled dynamic tone mapping and peak brightness is set to medium.

Overexposed is due to the camera which I have clearly explained. I took pic in my phone and sent the image to wife in what’s ap so I can attach it here. It is a compressed image and the background light is highly saturating the image. Please ignore every aspect in that image apart from shadow details. And also you can never capture HDR using a phone camera.He has clearly not set the black levels correctly and hence to much black crush on both cx and Sony. The image was clicked using cinema mode. I used calibrating slides to set black levels for both SDR and HDR. Disabled dynamic tone mapping and peak brightness is set to medium.
Thanks Navin. What’s your black level? Share your settings.

Other than this, what other settings we need to change?
Other then black levels everything is up to your taste. For HDR Oled light and contrast should be maxed to 100 always. If you want to reduce brightness and contrast disable dynamic tone mapping and peak brightness.Sharpness 10 is default but you can increase it to 15-20.

Yes. I have these on disc and few more. Would be nice if you post both SDR and HDR settings.
Sure will do it later. 2 days no power cause of cyclone and floods. I turned on the tv to check those black crush scenes connecting to the inverter line and now inverter also dead. Soon mobile also will be dead.

Some pics to demonstrate the difference.
Please be noted that it is only representative and not absolute.

LG is in Cinema mode with Warm2 mode. Cannot get warmer than this. Also the white balance setting is adjusted slightly to reduce blue and increase red otherwise it is more blue-er. (TV caliberation with darco settings)
Could you post above settings from both LG and Sony? I will find some time tonight to tweak Sony.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back