OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Anyone using Fire Stick 4K with LG OLED can share their experience? Only issue I could think of is when you pause the video or leave the firestick on its home screen - TV won't kick in the screen saver and this increases the risk of burn in if you accidentally leave it that way for long time.
Have a FireStick 4K at parents place. Have LG C8 at home.
Will try it out and let you know in a few days time.
Cheers,
Raghu

Got a LG C8 55" for 123k effectively (135k -12k cashback).
An also got gift codes. PM if anyone is interested

But why use FIre Stick when there are native apps for netflix/amazon/hotstar?
A bit off-topic. There's one more thing that I have observed with the native apps on LGC8. If you are using ARC port to route multi ch audio, especially Dolby Atmos to a compatible AVR, it doesnt. This is based on my observations and attempts made, if there's anyone who has been able to achieve this, please share what is missing.
I understand that ARC (single mode in specific I guess) is not going to carry all the metadata thats needed for Atmos. I have Marantz sr6013 and dont see the Dolby Atmos when sound out is set to HDMI ARC. I remember the attached AVR showing the the sound mode as Atmos once, not sure what was that setting but not able to go back to that for some reasons. So, I dont see Dolby Atmos on LG C8 screen (it does show Dolby Vision) nor do I see Atmos in the sound mode for AVR when a Dolby Atmos+Dolby Vision content is being played from netflix app on LGC8. Looks like a capable media player that can stream Dolby Atmos+Vision, connected to AVR would be the way to go!
Again, this is OT, not related to recent price/deals, please feel free to skip or remove the response if its totally irrelevant.

A bit off-topic. There's one more thing that I have observed with the native apps on LGC8. If you are using ARC port to route multi ch audio, especially Dolby Atmos to a compatible AVR, it doesnt. This is based on my observations and attempts made, if there's anyone who has been able to achieve this, please share what is missing.
I understand that ARC (single mode in specific I guess) is not going to carry all the metadata thats needed for Atmos. I have Marantz sr6013 and dont see the Dolby Atmos when sound out is set to HDMI ARC. I remember the attached AVR showing the the sound mode as Atmos once, not sure what was that setting but not able to go back to that for some reasons. So, I dont see Dolby Atmos on LG C8 screen (it does show Dolby Vision) nor do I see Atmos in the sound mode for AVR when a Dolby Atmos+Dolby Vision content is being played from netflix app on LGC8. Looks like a capable media player that can stream Dolby Atmos+Vision, connected to AVR would be the way to go!
Again, this is OT, not related to recent price/deals, please feel free to skip or remove the response if its totally irrelevant.
Try this:

Goto Settings -> Sound -> Sound Out -> HDMI ARC -> Digital Sound Out -> Change from PCM to Auto

If this doesn’t work, try changing the HDMI cable.

Try this:

Goto Settings -> Sound -> Sound Out -> HDMI ARC -> Digital Sound Out -> Change from PCM to Auto

If this doesn’t work, try changing the HDMI cable.
I have tried setting the Digital sound out to Auto as you mentioned above. It has not made any difference, still don't see Dolby Atmos on top right when I play atmos content with audio out to HDMI ARC.
I was using my HDMI cable from Xbox 360 console, thought it may be old and not supporting hdcp2.2, got the hdcp2.2 compatible hdmi cable and I still dont see the TV sending atmos metadata to AVR over ARC.
This is the trial TV that I'm using, it will soon be going back.

Hello,
I am looking for an OLED. The quotations I have got from the official deal is 2.12 for the 65inch C8 and 2.00 for 65inch B8. However was told that the C8 is not in stock currently. Vijay Sales in Ahmedabad have quoted higher prices at 2.30 and 2.20 for C8 and B8 respectively. The online prices seem to be extremely high as well.
What would be a fair price for a new C8 or B8 on this market?
After having a look at some numbers in the range of 1.8-1.9 for the same models, I feel I should visit a few more stores. Any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated !

Hello,
I am looking for an OLED. The quotations I have got from the official deal is 2.12 for the 65inch C8 and 2.00 for 65inch B8. However was told that the C8 is not in stock currently. Vijay Sales in Ahmedabad have quoted higher prices at 2.30 and 2.20 for C8 and B8 respectively. The online prices seem to be extremely high as well.
After having a look at some numbers in the range of 1.8-1.9 for the same models, I feel I should visit a few more stores. Any input from you guys would be greatly appreciated !
In Nashik i got 2 for 65c8 ( reliance digital).need more bargening power

Hello,
I got it for 1.99 lakhs from Reliance Digital Navi Mumbai. Check in Reliance Digital if they have any stores there.

I got it for 1.99 lakhs from Reliance Digital Navi Mumbai. Check in Reliance Digital if they have any stores there.
Thank you for you response ! There is a reliance digital, so will probably have a look today. What do you think would be the ideal price for the B8? I am on a budget and this is a more than what I accounted for, so might have to go for the B8. The difference between the two generally seems to be 10,000 at the two stores I went to. Or should I just stick to the C8?

I called Reliance Digital and the LG representative from that store. They had logged a call with LG. They say engineer will visit and see the issue first and then decide what action to be taken. I think they will most probably replace the panel. Also I think no point in taking the replacement as if both these tvs are from same batch then I might have the same problem again. Better to get a fresh panel itself. It is not banding or grey uniformity issue I have already checked that. Grey uniformity is actually very consistent on my panel if you set aside this issue.
After a lot of follow up for replacement Reliance Digital is asking me to pay another 6K for new replacement Unit. They say because they gave me heavy discount on price LG is not agreeing to replace the unit and pushing for a repair. The vertical line I was seeing on the TV is gone on it's own and the TV is perfectly fine now.

I now have 4 options:
1. To pay additional 6K after which the total cost would come to 199 + 6 = 205K and get a fresh replacement unit.
2. Return the TV to Reliace Digital and get the 199k back.
3. Get the panel (not the TV) replaced from LG.
4. Do nothing and keep the TV as is.

Which option should I go for?

Thank you for you response ! There is a reliance digital, so will probably have a look today. What do you think would be the ideal price for the B8? I am on a budget and this is a more than what I accounted for, so might have to go for the B8. The difference between the two generally seems to be 10,000 at the two stores I went to. Or should I just stick to the C8?
I would suggest to go for C8 the price difference is not that huge.

After a lot of follow up for replacement Reliance Digital is asking me to pay another 6K for new replacement Unit. They say because they gave me heavy discount on price LG is not agreeing to replace the unit and pushing for a repair. The vertical line I was seeing on the TV is gone on it's own and the TV is perfectly fine now.

I now have 4 options:
1. To pay additional 6K after which the total cost would come to 199 + 6 = 205K and get a fresh replacement unit.
2. Return the TV to Reliace Digital and get the 199k back.
3. Get the panel (not the TV) replaced from LG.
4. Do nothing and keep the TV as is.

Which option should I go for?
I would probably go for 1 as well. 2.05 is still a good deal for the Television. Though I would make it clear with Reliance Digital that if you face any further issue in the new TV you won't be paying up again.

So the newest offer I got was 2.10 (I told them I had an offer for 2.10 and they readily matched it, should have gone lower). There is cashback of 7000 and a fly and buy couple ticket offer (Travel time max of 1 hr. 55 mins). Should I take it? This is for the LG C8 65inch.

So the newest offer I got was 2.10 (I told them I had an offer for 2.10 and they readily matched it, should have gone lower). There is cashback of 7000 and a fly and buy couple ticket offer (Travel time max of 1 hr. 55 mins). Should I take it? This is for the LG C8 65inch.
In that buy and fly offer you still have to pay for the taxes. Please have a read through their terms and conditions at below link. Are they giving you the free bluetooth speaker in that price? If yes then it's good you should take it.

Back