OLED TV's price/best quote thread

In that buy and fly offer you still have to pay for the taxes. Please have a read through their terms and conditions at below link. Are they giving you the free bluetooth speaker in that price? If yes then it's good you should take it.

No I asked for the offer without the speaker. I had no idea about the tax on this offer. Negates the offer to be honest. :(. Did you get the speaker on the 2L you got the C8 for?

Edit: Checked the taxes on a ticket seems to be 30% of what we generally pay for the tickets, which would still mean a benefit of 70% on the ticket(which would be the base fare). Also with the card discount the price would come down 2.04ish.

No I asked for the offer without the speaker. I had no idea about the tax on this offer. Negates the offer to be honest. :(. Did you get the speaker on the 2L you got the C8 for?

Edit: Checked the taxes on a ticket seems to be 30% of what we generally pay for the tickets, which would still mean a benefit of 70% on the ticket(which would be the base fare). Also with the card discount the price would come down 2.04ish.
No I didn't get the speaker thats why I said if you are getting Speaker in 2.10 then it is good deal. My set is defective and for replacement they are asking me to pay another 6K which would make it 205k in total for me.

I think I am going to go ahead with the 2.04 offer (incl. cash back). Have been told that the prices hold only till 31st May and will increase for the next month from two dealers. The quoted price from the authorized dealer for next month was 2.25L. For information, I was offered a LG 75SK8000 for 2L, but dint go for it since had to make a quick decision and did not want to get into LGs UHD technology.

I think I am going to go ahead with the 2.04 offer (incl. cash back). Have been told that the prices hold only till 31st May and will increase for the next month from two dealers. The quoted price from the authorized dealer for next month was 2.25L. For information, I was offered a LG 75SK8000 for 2L, but dint go for it since had to make a quick decision and did not want to get into LGs UHD technology.
Yes you should. I think LG is trying regulate the market prices strictly nowadays. They are preparing to launch C9 and expecting it to sell at good price. So may be bumping the price for C8 helps them set expectation to buyers.

After a lot of follow up for replacement Reliance Digital is asking me to pay another 6K for new replacement Unit. They say because they gave me heavy discount on price LG is not agreeing to replace the unit and pushing for a repair. The vertical line I was seeing on the TV is gone on it's own and the TV is perfectly fine now.

I now have 4 options:
1. To pay additional 6K after which the total cost would come to 199 + 6 = 205K and get a fresh replacement unit.
2. Return the TV to Reliace Digital and get the 199k back.
3. Get the panel (not the TV) replaced from LG.
4. Do nothing and keep the TV as is.

Which option should I go for?
I would advise to exercise #1 and then #2. With #1, I dont mind spending 6K for a peace of mind but its not your fault that Reliance got you a good deal. Discuss more around that, reach out to store supervisor or area head to get that for free. If #1 with no cost doesnt work, go for #2, you'll have your money back in the pocket to make another decision. Croma and other stores now a days try and give similar deals. You may want to keep a deal on hand when you talk to the store/area manager at Reliance, tell him you'd rather pay that 6K to a store who provides good after sales and peace of mind.
All the best!

I have tried setting the Digital sound out to Auto as you mentioned above. It has not made any difference, still don't see Dolby Atmos on top right when I play atmos content with audio out to HDMI ARC.
I was using my HDMI cable from Xbox 360 console, thought it may be old and not supporting hdcp2.2, got the hdcp2.2 compatible hdmi cable and I still dont see the TV sending atmos metadata to AVR over ARC.
This is the trial TV that I'm using, it will soon be going back.
Reboot the TV and see if it makes any difference.

After a lot of follow up for replacement Reliance Digital is asking me to pay another 6K for new replacement Unit. They say because they gave me heavy discount on price LG is not agreeing to replace the unit and pushing for a repair. The vertical line I was seeing on the TV is gone on it's own and the TV is perfectly fine now.

I now have 4 options:
1. To pay additional 6K after which the total cost would come to 199 + 6 = 205K and get a fresh replacement unit.
2. Return the TV to Reliace Digital and get the 199k back.
3. Get the panel (not the TV) replaced from LG.
4. Do nothing and keep the TV as is.

Which option should I go for?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I noticed 3 dead pixels on my TV yesterday so the panel is definitely faulty even though the line has gone. 4th option is out now.

I digged further into this as I could not accept that LG is not willing to give replacement. I called up LG to check and surprisingly they said they have already approved the replacement and Reliance should send you replacement unit. So it is either LG send me the replacement or the dealer. If LG has to send then it will take some time to procure the stock whereas dealer has ready stock. Only benefit here is time if dealer gives it.

I tried to find whats cooking on Reliance Digital side. I called the other sales person who was involved in the sale. He is quite young and spilled out everything about whats going in the backend. Here is what happened - Reliance is a big company and their business is process driven. In the sense, everything has to go through their software. There is something called as TCODE in their system which they can use to give discounts on products. Every branch has monthly overall limit on giving discounts and the TCODES are tied to specific category or models. At the time I purchased the TV they had 2 TCODES (one for 8849 and other for 5899) using which they brought the price down to 199K. Now if they have to send a replacement unit they have to reverse this sale in their system and place a new order. Now while placing new order they again need to key in new TCODEs for the discounts. This store manager now ran out of TCODEs and his seniors are not agreeing to sell this TV for that low price. To offset his situation he called me and said LG is pushing for a repair (where in reality they have approved replacement) because heavy discounts were given to me. He must have 1 TCODE of 8849 and asking me to pay for other which was 5899.

I told LG to speak to the store and if they cannot send the unit to me without me paying additional cost then I am ready to wait for LG service center stock to arrive and get the replacement directly from LG. This will save me 6K while the peace of mind still stays.

With all this the Reliance store manager is not necessarily bad. I heard he is still trying his best to get the other 6K tcode and do the replacement without any additional cost. It is just that their system had put him in really bad situation and he is not getting much support internally. He may have not aniticipate this coming as he has sold many units without any issues.

I am sharing this so that anyone in the same boat should know what happens in the background and what to do next.

I will keep you all updated on my issue and thanks for all your support this far.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I noticed 3 dead pixels on my TV yesterday so the panel is definitely faulty even though the line has gone. 4th option is out now.

I digged further into this as I could not accept that LG is not willing to give replacement. I called up LG to check and surprisingly they said they have already approved the replacement and Reliance should send you replacement unit. So it is either LG send me the replacement or the dealer. If LG has to send then it will take some time to procure the stock whereas dealer has ready stock. Only benefit here is time if dealer gives it.

I tried to find whats cooking on Reliance Digital side. I called the other sales person who was involved in the sale. He is quite young and spilled out everything about whats going in the backend. Here is what happened - Reliance is a big company and their business is process driven. In the sense, everything has to go through their software. There is something called as TCODE in their system which they can use to give discounts on products. Every branch has monthly overall limit on giving discounts and the TCODES are tied to specific category or models. At the time I purchased the TV they had 2 TCODES (one for 8849 and other for 5899) using which they brought the price down to 199K. Now if they have to send a replacement unit they have to reverse this sale in their system and place a new order. Now while placing new order they again need to key in new TCODEs for the discounts. This store manager now ran out of TCODEs and his seniors are not agreeing to sell this TV for that low price. To offset his situation he called me and said LG is pushing for a repair (where in reality they have approved replacement) because heavy discounts were given to me. He must have 1 TCODE of 8849 and asking me to pay for other which was 5899.

I told LG to speak to the store and if they cannot send the unit to me without me paying additional cost then I am ready to wait for LG service center stock to arrive and get the replacement directly from LG. This will save me 6K while the peace of mind still stays.

With all this the Reliance store manager is not necessarily bad. I heard he is still trying his best to get the other 6K tcode and do the replacement without any additional cost. It is just that their system had put him in really bad situation and he is not getting much support internally. He may have not aniticipate this coming as he has sold many units without any issues.

I am sharing this so that anyone in the same boat should know what happens in the background and what to do next.

I will keep you all updated on my issue and thanks for all your support this far.
Tcode is actually SAP transaction code. May be they post sale orders on different Tcodes. One for discounted and one for non discounted. They might have exhausted their transaction limit on the discounted Tcode

Tcode is actually SAP transaction code. May be they post sale orders on different Tcodes. One for discounted and one for non discounted. They might have exhausted their transaction limit on the discounted Tcode
Thanks for info - just curious, how do you know?

I have tried setting the Digital sound out to Auto as you mentioned above. It has not made any difference, still don't see Dolby Atmos on top right when I play atmos content with audio out to HDMI ARC.
I was using my HDMI cable from Xbox 360 console, thought it may be old and not supporting hdcp2.2, got the hdcp2.2 compatible hdmi cable and I still dont see the TV sending atmos metadata to AVR over ARC.
This is the trial TV that I'm using, it will soon be going back.

the tv's arc is very sensitive and anything can "break" arc so to speak. it needs to be reset. try only connecting the avr & the tv and nothing else after first pulling out all hdmi cables & power cycling the tv.

think reliance is BSing you a bit. if you had directly called lg when issue arose they would've replaced the panel for you as its in warranty & they are obliged to do so

think reliance is BSing you a bit. if you had directly called lg when issue arose they would've replaced the panel for you as its in warranty & they are obliged to do so
Yesterday night I got 2 invoices from Reliance Digital on my email. 1 was credit note of amount I paid and other was new order. New order was for 224k but I didn’t pay anything additional to them. Reliance called me and said TV should arrive tomorrow or day after. Waiting for it now. Yes LG can replace the panel but since this is new TV I asked them for replacement.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back