OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Thanks for all the suggestions. I noticed 3 dead pixels on my TV yesterday so the panel is definitely faulty even though the line has gone. 4th option is out now.

I digged further into this as I could not accept that LG is not willing to give replacement. I called up LG to check and surprisingly they said they have already approved the replacement and Reliance should send you replacement unit. So it is either LG send me the replacement or the dealer. If LG has to send then it will take some time to procure the stock whereas dealer has ready stock. Only benefit here is time if dealer gives it.

I tried to find whats cooking on Reliance Digital side. I called the other sales person who was involved in the sale. He is quite young and spilled out everything about whats going in the backend. Here is what happened - Reliance is a big company and their business is process driven. In the sense, everything has to go through their software. There is something called as TCODE in their system which they can use to give discounts on products. Every branch has monthly overall limit on giving discounts and the TCODES are tied to specific category or models. At the time I purchased the TV they had 2 TCODES (one for 8849 and other for 5899) using which they brought the price down to 199K. Now if they have to send a replacement unit they have to reverse this sale in their system and place a new order. Now while placing new order they again need to key in new TCODEs for the discounts. This store manager now ran out of TCODEs and his seniors are not agreeing to sell this TV for that low price. To offset his situation he called me and said LG is pushing for a repair (where in reality they have approved replacement) because heavy discounts were given to me. He must have 1 TCODE of 8849 and asking me to pay for other which was 5899.

I told LG to speak to the store and if they cannot send the unit to me without me paying additional cost then I am ready to wait for LG service center stock to arrive and get the replacement directly from LG. This will save me 6K while the peace of mind still stays.

With all this the Reliance store manager is not necessarily bad. I heard he is still trying his best to get the other 6K tcode and do the replacement without any additional cost. It is just that their system had put him in really bad situation and he is not getting much support internally. He may have not aniticipate this coming as he has sold many units without any issues.

I am sharing this so that anyone in the same boat should know what happens in the background and what to do next.

I will keep you all updated on my issue and thanks for all your support this far.
I got the replacement tv delivered this morning. Manufacturing date is 25-May-2019.

I got the television with manufacturing data 11 May 2019, however in the 5% gray there is an obvious burn in/image retention of a star sports channel from airtel. We dont even have airtel. The TV has been run 36 hours, is that fine?

Should I run the pixel regenerator or should I just ask for a replacement?

Attachments

• IMG-20190601-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20190601-WA0001.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 53
I got the television with manufacturing data 11 May 2019, however in the 5% gray there is an obvious burn in/image retention of a star sports channel from airtel. We dont even have airtel. The TV has been run 36 hours, is that fine?

Should I run the pixel regenerator or should I just ask for a replacement?
Is that retention due to your watching? If so then run the pixel refresher. Also image retentions tend to fade out slowly. The uniformity doesn’t look so good on your panel but don’t worry this is very common and should not affect your normal viewing experience. Its all about luck when it comes to uniformity. If you are too picky then you can ask for replacement.

Is that retention due to your watching? If so then run the pixel refresher. Also image retentions tend to fade out slowly. The uniformity doesn’t look so good on your panel but don’t worry this is very common and should not affect your normal viewing experience. Its all about luck when it comes to uniformity. If you are too picky then you can ask for replacement.
The images went away on the pixel refresher but suddenly very tiny pixels are showing up (small 2-3 dead/brighter pixels).

The images went away on the pixel refresher but suddenly very tiny pixels are showing up (small 2-3 dead/brighter pixels).
I had same issue on mine. There are 3 dead/stuck pixels on my 1st tv. New one is yet to be installed. I would cliam the warranty if there are dead/stuck pixels. Image retention is not so big of an issue as long as it goes away. I don’t watch channels on my tv so didn’t face this issue yet even after doing over 70 hours.

I had same issue on mine. There are 3 dead/stuck pixels on my 1st tv. New one is yet to be installed. I would cliam the warranty if there are dead/stuck pixels. Image retention is not so big of an issue as long as it goes away. I don’t watch channels on my tv so didn’t face this issue yet even after doing over 70 hours.

Funny part is I feel it showed up after I did the pixel refresher, Is that possible?
LG have been prompt on call, will send an engineer tomorrow. Another question, what has been your runtime for the television when it got delivered? I am very weirded out that someone checked on airtel content on mine before me ! (We have tata sky).

Funny part is I feel it showed up after I did the pixel refresher, Is that possible?
LG have been prompt on call, will send an engineer tomorrow. Another question, what has been your runtime for the television when it got delivered? I am very weirded out that someone checked on airtel content on mine before me ! (We have tata sky).
My runtime was zero. TV box was sealed and never opened before. Can make out from the taping. Everything was as expected inside and outside the box so I don’t think it was used before. If yours had hours when it got delivered then it may be used before and returned by some customer. Where did you buy your TV from?

My runtime was zero. TV box was sealed and never opened before. Can make out from the taping. Everything was as expected inside and outside the box so I don’t think it was used before. If yours had hours when it got delivered then it may be used before and returned by some customer. Where did you buy your TV from?
From the LG showroom ! He said it came straight from the godown ! I was told its 36 hours because they must have tested it at the factory ! The taping was there in order though.

From the LG showroom ! He said it came straight from the godown ! I was told its 36 hours because they must have tested it at the factory ! The taping was there in order though.
Sounds like a refurbished set to me. Have it replaced immediately. There should not be any hours on the TV. Also LG showrooms are not their own, they are franchisees. You should know the dealer name and their reputation.

Sounds like a refurbished set to me. Have it replaced immediately. There should not be any hours on the TV. Also LG showrooms are not their own, they are franchisees. You should know the dealer name and their reputation.
Dealer is Saarthi Sales in Ahmedabad, LG franchise. They have taken up the matter, I will personally visit them today.

Let us know how it goes.
Just visited the store, believe it or not their C8 display unit is missing. According to him they had some issue with the frame and sent it back. Add to that they have an airtel connection (my image retention was an airtel channel). The sales person at the store has been cordial and helpful.

The service engineer (very knowledgable) just visited and took pictures of the pixels and asked for the image retention image. He said he will put in a request and LG will call me to confirm the issue and probably replace the TV (He said I should tell them no if they ask for the panel replacement option). The replacement (if) will come from LG itself and not the dealer. He also agreed to the opinion that this was probably sold to the dealer on 11th May, he then displayed it and used it for 36 hours (probably looking at the star sports channel as seen on the image retention) and then sold it off to us despite us specifically telling him we want a fresh piece and not the one displayed in store.

LG has been prompt about this but the dealer has been very sketchy to say the least.

Also I got the refer a friend vouchers with this model (Their expiry date was around 1st May) which again shows the something fishy/weird on the dealer part or LG part. My guess again would be, the dealer put it in with the repacking of his demo unit. For the other offers like giftonair and fly and buy, I think I will probably hold it off till the replacement comes.

Just visited the store, believe it or not their C8 display unit is missing. According to him they had some issue with the frame and sent it back. Add to that they have an airtel connection (my image retention was an airtel channel). The sales person at the store has been cordial and helpful.

The service engineer (very knowledgable) just visited and took pictures of the pixels and asked for the image retention image. He said he will put in a request and LG will call me to confirm the issue and probably replace the TV (He said I should tell them no if they ask for the panel replacement option). The replacement (if) will come from LG itself and not the dealer. He also agreed to the opinion that this was probably sold to the dealer on 11th May, he then displayed it and used it for 36 hours (probably looking at the star sports channel as seen on the image retention) and then sold it off to us despite us specifically telling him we want a fresh piece and not the one displayed in store.

LG has been prompt about this but the dealer has been very sketchy to say the least.

Also I got the refer a friend vouchers with this model (Their expiry date was around 1st May) which again shows the something fishy/weird on the dealer part or LG part. My guess again would be, the dealer put it in with the repacking of his demo unit. For the other offers like giftonair and fly and buy, I think I will probably hold it off till the replacement comes.
This was very reason I didn’t buy the tv from LG brand shop or any other likes. I was getting it for even cheaper from Kohinoor/Arcee but I couldn’t trust these guys. That is the first reason we should know the dealer reputation. Big retailer like Croma or Reliance never do these things. They will always inform customer if they are selling display unit. In my opinion you should ask for full refund and cancel this transaction with Sarathi. They should learn a lesson and not take people for granted like this. Display sets are sold to stores at heavy discounted price and they are trying to make big profits out of it by selling you at normal price. Arcee was offering me 2 months used display unit for 170k. Now you imagine how much they were trying to make from you.

This was very reason I didn’t buy the tv from LG brand shop or any other likes. I was getting it for even cheaper from Kohinoor/Arcee but I couldn’t trust these guys. That is the first reason we should know the dealer reputation. Big retailer like Croma or Reliance never do these things. They will always inform customer if they are selling display unit. In my opinion you should ask for full refund and cancel this transaction with Sarathi. They should learn a lesson and not take people for granted like this. Display sets are sold to stores at heavy discounted price and they are trying to make big profits out of it by selling you at normal price. Arcee was offering me 2 months used display unit for 170k. Now you imagine how much they were trying to make from you.
This was still a May 11 manufactured unit having run only 36 hours but I am going to let LG know about their dealings. The service engineer said all stores do this including big stores like Vijay Sales. I would like go cancel it but it is going to be a big hassle and I will probably get a replacement TV. Reliance Digital had quoted me a final price of 2.30L :(.

This was still a May 11 manufactured unit having run only 36 hours but I am going to let LG know about their dealings. The service engineer said all stores do this including big stores like Vijay Sales. I would like go cancel it but it is going to be a big hassle and I will probably get a replacement TV. Reliance Digital had quoted me a final price of 2.30L :(.
Out of interest, does the serial number on box and tv match?

Reliance cannot offer that price because discount seems to be lifted for new stock. My new bill is around 225k, it also shows higher GST. Not sure if Reliance made a loss on my transaction. Even if they had they are quite big to absorb that and save their reputation.

Out of interest, does the serial number on box and tv match?

Reliance cannot offer that price because discount seems to be lifted for new stock. My new bill is around 225k, it also shows higher GST. Not sure if Reliance made a loss on my transaction. Even if they had they are quite big to absorb that and save their reputation.
Yup the serial number matched. I will update on the process tomorrow, but it seems that they will replace it.

Most of them are cheaters nowadays. Please report to LG and taught dealer a lesson.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back