• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

OLED TV's price/best quote thread

insane79

I got my oled last week. Now i got the front film removed from the LG technician but he didn’t remove the film on the back and said heat dissipation happens from front, its not to be removed although if you insist , I can remove it. So I haven’t removed it yet.
Have you people removed the film from the back of the panel?
I removed it for my 55 B6 as it was mentioned in the user guide. Check your user guide though..

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

k2max6

I removed it for my 55 B6 as it was mentioned in the user guide. Check your user guide though..
No, its not mentioned in the user guide. Checked thoroughly. I guess for models 2018 onwards there is no need to remove it. Plus I touched the back of oled panel after using it foot over 3 hours and it was cool. No sign of heat.

OledPhile

No, its not mentioned in the user guide. Checked thoroughly. I guess for models 2018 onwards there is no need to remove it. Plus I touched the back of oled panel after using it foot over 3 hours and it was cool. No sign of heat.
Yes, even mine was not that hot so I didn’t bother to remove.

Marakk

True. And lg c8 has better interface too, if that matters. Panasonic comes with 3 +1 yrs of warranty. The 65 inch version comes with an attached speaker which I am not sure if it enhances the overall experience. But Dolby Atmos on c8 is terrific.
Who was providing 3+1 warranty on Panasonic OLED?

OledPhile

I am still waiting for LG and Reliance to come back on replacement solution for my second TV. At the same time horizontal banding I saw initially has completely gone and the vertical banding is getting better with hours of usage. I am still thinking to keep this TV. My wife says return it. First TV had vertical line of dead pixels which disappeared after few days and reappeared again before 2 days of replacement. I don’t know where to take chance. I need TV now and can’t wait for C9 to be out. Can you post 5% and 10% slides on your TV? How bad is yours?

This is how mine is on 10% where it looks the worse and starts getting better from 20%.View attachment 36327View attachment 36328View attachment 36329
I got a call from Reliance Digital and they have asked me to send photos of symptoms and then they will send me new TV again for replacement. I am worried if the new TV would have even worse vertical banding. When I looked at Reddit people there were having even worse than mine. The horizontal bands have disappeared and haven’t come back so far. Must have done 15+ hours now. Help me make the decision, should I keep this one or get another?

Fortunately Reliance is very kind and cooperative in this matter and I am glad I purchased the TV from them.

kartavya

I got a call from Reliance Digital and they have asked me to send photos of symptoms and then they will send me new TV again for replacement. I am worried if the new TV would have even worse vertical banding. When I looked at Reddit people there were having even worse than mine. The horizontal bands have disappeared and haven’t come back so far. Must have done 15+ hours now. Help me make the decision, should I keep this one or get another?

Fortunately Reliance is very kind and cooperative in this matter and I am glad I purchased the TV from them.
Keep it, you still have 2 years on the warranty on cases it becomes really bad. As long as its not affecting your viewing I think it should be ok

kartavya

Guys the LG engineers are pushing for me to take the extended warranty. The prices given by them during the demo period (1 month) is 30000, 50000 and 80000 for 1,2 and 3 years. After the demo period it is 53000, 100000 and 141000. Is this worth it? He is of the opinion that one should take it.

ypan07

I haven't taken for my 65 C8. These are exorbitant prices. TV failure rates are not that high to command insurance costing half the value of the product!!

Reactions: vij

OledPhile

Guys the LG engineers are pushing for me to take the extended warranty. The prices given by them during the demo period (1 month) is 30000, 50000 and 80000 for 1,2 and 3 years. After the demo period it is 53000, 100000 and 141000. Is this worth it? He is of the opinion that one should take it.
Better invest that money somewhere and forget about it. If your TV has problems in future use it and if not then money still stays with you plus the returns on it.

SPONSORED ADS

OledPhile

Better invest that money somewhere and forget about it. If your TV has problems in future use it and if not then money still stays with you plus the returns on it.
Also the engineers have hefty commissions on extended warranty sale. So they will always try to push for it.

BLASTO

I got 3 year extended warranty for my 65" Sony OLED 65A8F for 43k (included in emi). (1+3 = total of 4 years).
These numbers seem to be out of the world.

May be this is how LG mitigates cheaper TV prices??

OledPhile

I got 3 year extended warranty for my 65" Sony OLED 65A8F for 43k (included in emi). (1+3 = total of 4 years).
These numbers seem to be out of the world.

May be this is how LG mitigates cheaper TV prices??
That’s not bad. How much you paid for your A8F?

BLASTO

That’s not bad. How much you paid for your A8F?

It was an year ago, so not to be confused with current prices.
I paid 3L around september 2018. During diwali the price came down to 2.5L with the same offer. (55" came to 1.5L)
All of this in Bajaj electronics hyderabad.

OledPhile

It was an year ago, so not to be confused with current prices.
I paid 3L around september 2018. During diwali the price came down to 2.5L with the same offer. (55" came to 1.5L)
All of this in Bajaj electronics hyderabad.
Wow - you paid a premium price. Lowest quote I could get in May 2019 was around 237k from Croma I think.

pushkarajd

This was still a May 11 manufactured unit having run only 36 hours but I am going to let LG know about their dealings. The service engineer said all stores do this including big stores like Vijay Sales. I would like go cancel it but it is going to be a big hassle and I will probably get a replacement TV. Reliance Digital had quoted me a final price of 2.30L :(.
Same thing happened with as well when I bought my LG 4K TV back in 2015. It was showing a run time of 384 hrs. When I looked carefully, there was dust ner the connectors, the remote was scratched. That's when it dawned on me that they have sold me a used/demo set. This was Vijay Sales. I took up the matter with them and they replaced the unit the next day. When I checked the hours clocked on the replaced set, it was showing 0 so definitely the first unit they sold was a demo/used unit.

SPONSORED ADS