OLED TV's price/best quote thread

i thought c8&c9 have 2nd gen alpha. some site told so.
so c9 is ok upto 120fps c8 is not thats the difference ?
Honestly it totally depend on your usage the alpha 9 and gen 2 is not big a deal.C9 is a better tv as its latest.also it has more features.question is whats your requirement.If you wanna watch only set top box and streaming then both tvs going to provide similar PQ.But if you want a tv for gaming with next gen console in mind and some added features as eARC,apple tv etc then go for C9.

my suggestion is if you can wait till festival season as tv prices drops drastically.last Diwali i remember getting a quote of 1.25lac for 55inch c8 before cashback on CC.

Be very careful while buying LG C8 as 2 of my friends got used ones. One Unit was 455 Hours used and the other was 750 used. The Showroom guys assured that we would get a sealed units but there aren't any. They are just trying to dispose off Demo units or Returned units.

Be very careful while buying LG C8 as 2 of my friends got used ones. One Unit was 455 Hours used and the other was 750 used. The Showroom guys assured that we would get a sealed units but there aren't any. They are just trying to dispose off Demo units or Returned units.
Is this from the authorized LG store? The same thing happened to me in Ahmedabad, struck a deal and told him that I do no want this particular piece by all means and was assured it will be a new piece (and hence will take 2-3 days to arrive). The TV got installed and it had a star sports image retention (run time: 45 hours), which I figured was from the match being playing in store. I went to the store and their unit was missing, so put 2 and 2 together. However the store never admitted to the same. Another LG store had given me a waiting time of 15-20 days for the same model.

I eventually went in with a warranty replacement, since the panel also had a dead pixel and was shipped a 0 hour panel. I also feel that they have run out of C8 and with C9 launched, they have no plans to continue production of C8.

Is this from the authorized LG store? The same thing happened to me in Ahmedabad, struck a deal and told him that I do no want this particular piece by all means and was assured it will be a new piece (and hence will take 2-3 days to arrive). The TV got installed and it had a star sports image retention (run time: 45 hours), which I figured was from the match being playing in store. I went to the store and their unit was missing, so put 2 and 2 together. However the store never admitted to the same. Another LG store had given me a waiting time of 15-20 days for the same model.

I eventually went in with a warranty replacement, since the panel also had a dead pixel and was shipped a 0 hour panel. I also feel that they have run out of C8 and with C9 launched, they have no plans to continue production of C8.
I was lucky in this matter. I had replaced TV twice due to issues but I always got fresh units. First one was Feb 2019 manufactured and other 2 were 25th May. I bought TV on 5th May. Second unit was delivered to me on 29th May.

This is what usually happens in market when you are buying a model which is already replaced by a successor. Best is to buy just before that period so you also get good price and sealed unit.

It's from the biggest chain of Electronics Store in Telangana/Hyderabad.

Pricing for 65 inch 2019 OLED models is now there on their website. Unlike abroad, the launch price seems to have gone up, which seems really unfair.
I hope after their china plant start next month and their production become double the prices will be in range.

It's not about being in range. They are going opposite of the international trend. The prices for C8 were already more than international prices, and now with C9, the difference has increased even more. Now the difference is almost 60%.

Don’t go by price on website. Get quotes from showrooms it would be 20-30% lesser.

If the launch price was lower, the price after discount would have been lower too. Let me try and break it down for you.

Assume C8 was launched at 100 last year. in India it was launched at 130. Now with C9, it has been launched abroad at 85, while here they have increased the launch price to 150. Even if you add 20-30% discount, we're still being taken for a ride. Plus, discounts are there abroad too.

The problem isn't market value. Problem is that they are going opposite of the trend they are following abroad. Each year, launch prices are dropping, except here.

Sony has also revealed pricing for A8G on their website. No price cuts in launch price. Again, in US, A8G 55-inch was launched at 1,999$. Here it has been launched at Rs. 3,29,000. That's 2.4x the cost! Can you guys not see how we're being ripped off? Import duties aren't this high at all. They are cutting price all over the globe, just not here.

If the launch price was lower, the price after discount would have been lower too. Let me try and break it down for you.

Assume C8 was launched at 100 last year. in India it was launched at 130. Now with C9, it has been launched abroad at 85, while here they have increased the launch price to 150. Even if you add 20-30% discount, we're still being taken for a ride. Plus, discounts are there abroad too.

The problem isn't market value. Problem is that they are going opposite of the trend they are following abroad. Each year, launch prices are dropping, except here.
I thought that the C8 was launched at the same price. The current MRP is post a 0rice correction for the C8.

I thought that the C8 was launched at the same price. The current MRP is post a 0rice correction for the C8.

No, it wasn't. The launch price for 55 C8 was Rs. 2,54,990 if I'm not mistaken. There's a screenshot showing that somewhere in this thread too.

Hi All,

I purchased 55C8 last Sunday, 30th June from Girias chennai and got it delivered today evening but the manufacture date is mentioned as 17th Oct 2018 in the box packing....

While buying I did mention that i need a new sealed piece and store mentioned that they dont have stock of 55C8 and they need to place the order with LG due to which it will take 4 to 5 days to get the delivery.. I just called the salesman and told him not to arrange for installation as i have received an old stock..

So if will be helpful if recent 55C8 owners can confirm on the MFG date of the set you received...

Hi All,

After repeated follow up the store replaced the Oct 2019 piece with a new stock, received a TV with manufacturing date 26th June 2019 and usage showed "0". Also there wasn't any banding while playing 5% banding test video. The LG Area manager said C8 units are still being manufactured, so may be the stores are trying to clear their old stocks.

Also when I was enquring in stores one of the LG technician mentioned that if we wall mount C8 with it's Front curved stand there will be better sound output, has any one wall mounted your TV with the front stand ?.

Hi All,

After repeated follow up the store replaced the Oct 2019 piece with a new stock, received a TV with manufacturing date 26th June 2019 and usage showed "0". Also there wasn't any banding while playing 5% banding test video. The LG Area manager said C8 units are still being manufactured, so may be the stores are trying to clear their old stocks.

Also when I was enquring in stores one of the LG technician mentioned that if we wall mount C8 with it's Front curved stand there will be better sound output, has any one wall mounted your TV with the front stand ?.

Interesting, I never heard of wall mounting with the front curve stand. Would like to see how it looks. Definitely should sound better than without.

I agree on that but I wonder why LG is not able to reduce price in India. These TVs are assembled locally to cut down on import duties as duty is very less on individual components. Are they trying to bag more money from developing nations? They would actually sell more units and make more money if they lower their prices. Look at Xiaomi, they sell products at very less margins and make billions by selling to millions.

No, it wasn't. The launch price for 55 C8 was Rs. 2,54,990 if I'm not mistaken. There's a screenshot showing that somewhere in this thread too.
I got a quote for C8 1,30,000 last diwali.Cashback n offer extra.thats i remember people posted 1.55 lac for sony A8F.i personally got 1.7 but i was not interested in sony so did not bargain hard.

My point is if we can get tvs for almost 50% than MRP at festival period should we be worried about MRP.currently C9 is 2000 usd + taxes.which is 1.5 lac.I am sure if you wait till diwali you will get C9 for similar price in india

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back