OLED TV's price/best quote thread

I have a quote from my regular TV guy and he has quoted 132000 for the 55C8 OLED and 122000 for the 55B8 Oled. How are these prices ? These are Mumbai prices
Prices are good - look for any credit card cash back offers to bring it down further.

I have a quote from my regular TV guy and he has quoted 132000 for the 55C8 OLED and 122000 for the 55B8 Oled. How are these prices ? These are Mumbai prices

These prices are great! Where in mumbai is this? Thinking about getting the c8

Hi C8 owners,

I'm currently using a 55C8 under LG home demo option and I find lot of judder around the ball when I watch cricket in hotstar app or thru youtube and it's very bothering... I tried playing the same thru both LG app and thru amazon firestick 4K and still find lot of judder... I did try with all the true motion settings and picture modes (inc. Game and cricket)....

There's no judder when i watch cricket in Star sports HD channel (Airtel).. Please share your experience...Thanks

Hi C8 owners,

I'm currently using a 55C8 under LG home demo option and I find lot of judder around the ball when I watch cricket in hotstar app or thru youtube and it's very bothering... I tried playing the same thru both LG app and thru amazon firestick 4K and still find lot of judder... I did try with all the true motion settings and picture modes (inc. Game and cricket)....

There's no judder when i watch cricket in Star sports HD channel (Airtel).. Please share your experience...Thanks
Sports suck on streaming services.
Judder is very annoying.
Cheers,
Raghu

Sports suck on streaming services.
Judder is very annoying.
Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks Raghu.... I visited a nearby multibrand showroom today and viewed few youtube cricket clips in Sony X900F and latest Samsung QLED models and the result were the same, infact there was more judder in LED models compared to C8...

I dont have this judder issue in my panasonic Full HD LED TV.

Thanks Raghu.... I visited a nearby multibrand showroom today and viewed few youtube cricket clips in Sony X900F and latest Samsung QLED models and the result were the same, infact there was more judder in LED models compared to C8...

Yeah
My old plasma TV has fire stick streaming hotstar. No issues
The new OLED though can't hold a candle to plasma when it comes to sports + streaming.
Cheers,
Raghu

Wonder if Panasonic OLED has this issue.

Setting TruMotion ON is a must-have on my LG C8. I had turned it off reading all the articles on soap opera effect but we were watching a movie on Amazon Prime the other day and the judder was terrible in fast moving scenes. I turned it back on and it became watchable again.

Do you guys leave TruMotion on or off?

Both 55inch C8 and C9 has second-generation Alpha 9 processor . Right ?
so isn't it better to buy the C8 and use an Nvidia Shield ?

I was thinking for finding a better deal for c8 once i rach there by the EOY as it will be old stock.
i had bought Samsung KS7000(still loving it) 2 years back in a similar deal.

I mean does the C9 has that much to offer then C8 considering the price difference ?

Setting TruMotion ON is a must-have on my LG C8. I had turned it off reading all the articles on soap opera effect but we were watching a movie on Amazon Prime the other day and the judder was terrible in fast moving scenes. I turned it back on and it became watchable again.

Do you guys leave TruMotion on or off?
On with custom settings. De-judder 3 and De-blur 10 works best for me. It takes a while to get used to the settings but if you keep de-judder value less than 4 there is no soap opera effect.

I was thinking for finding a better deal for c8 once i rach there by the EOY as it will be old stock.

I mean does the C9 has that much to offer then C8 considering the price difference ?
I have the Nvidia shield TV and planning the same c8 or c9. Have the same dilemma whether to go with never c9 or older c8 which is still great

No only c9 has Alpha 9 2nd gen.c8 has Alpha 9 and c7 has Alpha 7.C9 will be useful if you are planning to buy next gen gaming console like PS5 or XBOX next gen as its the only tv in market with hdmi 2.1.

Hi All,

I purchased 55C8 last sunday, 30th June from Girias chennai and got it delivered today evening but the manufacture date is mentioned as 17th Oct 2018 in the box packing....

While buying I did mention that i need a new sealed piece and store mentioned that they dont have stock of 55C8 and they need to place the order with LG due to which it will take 4 to 5 days to get the delivery.. I just called the salesman and told him not to arrange for installation as i have received an old stock..

So if will be helpful if recent 55C8 owners can confirm on the MFG date of the set you received...

Last edited:
Hi All,

I purchased 55C8 last sunday, 30th June from Girias chennai and got it delivered today evening but the manufacture date is mentioned as 17th Oct 2018 in the box packing....

While buying I did mention that i need a new sealed piece and store mentioned that they dont have stock of 55C8 and they need to place the order with LG due to which it will take 4 to 5 days to get the delivery.. I just called the salesman and told him not to arrange for installation as i have received an old stock..

So if will be helpful if recent 55C8 owners can confirm on the MFG date of the set you received...
25th May was the latest I saw

No only c9 has Alpha 9 2nd gen.c8 has Alpha 9 and c7 has Alpha 7.C9 will be useful if you are planning to buy next gen gaming console like PS5 or XBOX next gen as its the only tv in market with hdmi 2.1.
i thought c8&c9 have 2nd gen alpha. some site told so.
so c9 is ok upto 120fps c8 is not thats the difference ?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back