OLED TV's price/best quote thread

And if the company is being a jackass, we can confront them if we unite. Also, the world doesn't work like you're thinking. Sales wouldn't be zero. If they keep prices jacked, increasing their profit margin, sales would be lower but they'll make easy money. At lower prices, more people would buy, but that means the company will be under pressure to market to more people so sales increase.

As young kids we are taught, strength in unity, but we seem to forget that as soon as we grow up. Here you guys are supporting a company that's ripping you off too, but instead of uniting, your instinct is to back the company. If someone wants to study why Indians workers are the most exploited and overworked in the world, they can read this thread. We seem to enjoy being suckers and fail to unite for betterment of more people.

The tax structure hasn't changed much at all from 2018-2019. Infact, taxes are going up in US because of Trump's tariffs. Yet they lower prices there, but increase them here. What do we do? We can call them out. Next time their executives mention how India is important and they value Indian consumers, we can show them that they don't. Only if we unite though.

Will we, or will we continue be a land of suckers?
Consumers could take on big companies if everyone quits buying their products. This in fact has happened in certain niche markets but it's not the solution ( not practical). The only hope is to wait for global free trade or something of that sort. No matter what, the taxes are exorbitant now.

PS - This reminds of non cooperation movement against British east India co and the whole swadeshi movement. But all said and done, the govt and the big cos exploit the consumers in every which way. Some societies are tight knit and act in unison. But it is impossible in a country like India. A global free trade is really a dream as of now but the govt will find another way to tax us. That is unavoidable.

Last edited:
Consumers could take on big companies if everyone quits buying their products. This in fact has happened in certain niche markets but it's not the solution ( not practical). The only hope is to wait for global free trade or something of that sort. No matter what, the taxes are exorbitant now.

If we already have an FTA with Vietnam, from where companies like Sony and Samsung are importing TVs, what else free trade can we expect? LG is making them in India. Almost everything is cheaper production wise here than US; land, labor, warehousing, shipping, customer care, offices and what not. Only 5% duty is there on the panel. Then why are we paying almost 60% higher than US (even after tariffs) and 50% higher than Vietnam!! When did Vietnam overtake our economy?

We can also put pressure on companies via media and tech websites/blogs. I'm going to contact a few this weekend. See if anyone is interested. Again, if someone has any contacts and can convince them, it'll be great. All companies, from Vu, TCL to LG/Sony/Samsung, must be exposed for treating Indian consumers with disdain.

If we already have an FTA with Vietnam, from where companies like Sony and Samsung are importing TVs, what else free trade can we expect? LG is making them in India. Almost everything is cheaper production wise here than US; land, labor, warehousing, shipping, customer care, offices and what not. Only 5% duty is there on the panel. Then why are we paying almost 60% higher than US (even after tariffs) and 50% higher than Vietnam!! When did Vietnam overtake our economy?

We can also put pressure on companies via media and tech websites/blogs. I'm going to contact a few this weekend. See if anyone is interested. Again, if someone has any contacts and can convince them, it'll be great. All companies, from Vu, TCL to LG/Sony/Samsung, must be exposed for treating Indian consumers with disdain.
I didn't know about the Vietnam FTA agreement. In any case, the company needs to issue a clarification. We might be missing something or simply archaic govt policies. I agree, we should hold them accountable but who will bell the cat? It's a lost cause imo.

Great price, I paid 2.73L for C6 65 in December 2017 and no soundbar :( . The same was available for 2.5L during Diwali, but I missed the bus taking too long to decide.
Even I thought of waiting till diwali because of the high price but then I got this amazing deal with lg sound bar and 7.5k cashback with no cost emi I couldn't refuse the offer I purchased it

Hi Guys,
I am new in Bangalore.
I want to buy LG 55B8. I inquired in reliance but they don't have stock. They are offering 55C8 at 1.42 Lakhs
Croma online shows stock but couldn't get change to visit offline store.
Last TV also, I bought from Croma and got fantastic discount 5 years back.
can anyone suggest best price offered in bangalore for this TV?
does this tv detect 2 TB hard drive?

thanks.

Last edited:
Guys, I am new in Bangalore.
I want to buy LG 55B8. I inquired in reliance but they don't have stock. They are offering 55C8 at 1.42 Lakhs
Anyone can suggest best price offered in bangalore for this TV?

thanks.
Dont go for the c8 now
wait for 15 days you can get the lg 55 c9 or b9.
With 2.19 oled You will get the new gen processor and hdmi 2.1 features
I know currently you can't use it but when you get hdmi 2.1 devices next year you dont have to change the tv again
With hdmi 2.1 You can get true 10 bit 4.4.4 sub sampling with hdr with hdmi 2.1 devices in the future
If you ask me this feature is more important than the 4k 120hz what others are hyped about.
Currently we can only do 4k at 8bit full colour sampling or 10 bit 4.2.0 from 2.0 hdmi due to bandwidth limitation of 18gbps
So wait for the 2019 oled to come

And also the price you got for the c8 is high
You can get it easily for 1.3 Lakhs
Try to bargain more eventually they will reduce it
I will check again in few days if the b9 55 inches stock arrives and I will notify it here

Hi Guys,
I am new in Bangalore.

thanks.

I got 55C8 for 127K + 7.5K cashback in Girias, Chennai... Reliance came upto 130K and yes this TV detects 2TB HDD..

I ran a few 5% grey scale test
I can definitely see some vertical banding in the left corner
It is not visible in normal conditions or in higher grey scale.
I know That the oled pixels needs few hundred hours to settle in
After the tv settles running the pixel shifter should reduce it quite a bit
But at that time I have to go for warranty I can't get replacement if its still a problem.

I dont know what to do wait some time till the tv settles or return it now and get a replacement
I am also afraid that what if the new comes with more vertical banding than this.
Now it's more in the left end corner
middle and right are not bad
What if the new one have it in the middle or somewhere prominent.
What to do guys should I replace the T.V now or wait?
I can't notice the banding in normal content only in test pattern

You seem to be missing the point. 50% of MRP. If the MRP goes up, so the does the price after discount. When it's going down everywhere else in the world, why is it being jacked up here?

There are no government taxes or change in policies that explains this. We're being ripped off. Plain and simple.

Also, stop comparing discounted prices to MRP abroad. Sales happen there too. Big ones. People got 55-inch C8 for 1100-1200$ too. in US. Now C9 will hit even lower costs in sale, because the MRP there has been reduced. Here it has been jacked up.

Maybe if we as consumers woke up and recognized that it's happening, we could fight them. We can start a petition and call out these companies. Strength is in unit, and not justifying dick moves by companies.
First of all i am not justifying pricing.I wish like you and everyone else that we all should get not only tv but all the consumer electronics at cheaper price and similar to other countries.

second i was not comparing the mrp.i was comparing sale price that time.we were getting c8 in diwali for 1.25 to 1.3 plus cashback n offers.In usa it was for 1700 usd + taxes.which is roughly around 1.2.so difference was not much though i would have been happy if prices were lower.you can check the black friday link here.I dont where you have seen c8 selling for 1100.

Third the market correct itself so if the initial launch price is exorbitant then only you will get large discounts.You can not apply same discount logic to every price segment.if you are getting a lg oled of 2.5lac mrp to 1.25 lac in few months that does not mean you will get a 50,000 VU for 25 in few months.

we need to make best of what we have and help each other in finding best bargain prices.we can not compare india to other markets.as each market dynamics are diffrent.

Last since already so much have been spoken about this subject i will not add any further in coming post.we need to be real and practical here.this thread is about current oled price so lets stick to that.please all of us should share the best price we are getting in our city/area.also post initial thoughts and reviews if you purchase tvs.Please dont have hypothetical discussions about finding some tech journalist and creating a group etc and staring fight against big evil corporations.

Hi Guys,
I am new in Bangalore.

thanks.
Yes it detects 2TB HDD on my 65C8

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back