OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Your usage pattern will change after 1-2 years, but you won't be changing your TV. Full HD will become quite normal, and 4K will become more accessible. You may even change your TV cable box to HD as no SD channel will look good in any 4K TV of any brand, including Sony, unlike CRT and Plasma of the old days. You may even add a smart Android box or 4K Fire TV stick. So plan ahead when you make the purchase now.

Sony seems more reliable than LG for faults of its OLED panels even though LG supplies the panels, probably due to better quality control by Sony. With normal usage, screen burning should not be an issue in post-2017 OLED models.

See my "glossy screen" thread to check how glossy both the Sony models are as many aggressive semi-gloss coatings ruin the picture quality and causes eye strain.

Most people have commented that they cannot go back to LED-LCD after going to OLED. But the tech is still evolving and the prices are also dropping.

For such a high value purchase, it is best to go to a physical store with some sample movies in a pen drive and see the real life difference in the two models with your own eyes and then decide what you like more. Notice how black the blacks are and how much backlight bleeding is there on the LCD in a mostly black scene. See how much detail is lost in grey and how much stutter is there in OLED. And how well the colours and motion looks on both.

For checking stutter, look at the CNBC or any other news channel's scrolling news bar at bottom to see how smoothly it is going. Never blindly buy based on the demo videos that they show. We never get to see blue birds and green lizards in day-to-day TV watching and their demos always go at a smooth pace and not fast action.

Search on YouTube for review and comparison videos for both these models before going to the store so that you can know what points you want to check out.

Personally, I would go for an LCD over OLED only if the price difference is high between the two. And I prefer Sony over LG for OLED due to better motion, upscaling and quality control, but only if the price difference isn't too high between the two brands.

If I am going for LCD, I would go for a bigger size of 65 inch for a lower model over 55 inch OLED at near the same price. So going for QLED at the price of OLED does not make sense to me, but each person's preferences are different. If you have the space for it, then a bigger size of 65 inches may be better for you so that you don't kick yourself after 2 years. OLED is considered the best for picture quality, but if you are not a purist, and most people are not, then a bigger size LED-LCD will seem better. There is no need to blindly go for the "best" of something as we have to balance various requirements for a value-for-money and long-lasting purchase.

Always go for the biggest screen size of big name brands that you can afford so that you don't sacrifice too much on quality for the bigger size. For example, backlight bleeding and stutter on cheaper brands will kill the fun of your bigger 75 inch TV and so it is better to get a known brand's 65 inch model.

Hope this helps get some clarity of what points to think about individually to tackle the confusion. Have a look at my recent posts from my profile page for more info. Lastly, over-analysis causes paralysis, and time is important, and so all this research can be and should be done within 7-10 days.

Note: If anyone finds this post to be useful, do hit the "Like" button.
Hi sir
The information is very helpful for buying a new TV
THANK YOU

Hello everyone need help i am buying a new tv
Quote i got for 55inch models
Sony X9500g for 1,09,000
Sony X8500g for 82,690
Which is best tv or should i wait for sometime for price reduction
And any other tv in this price range
I have a well lit room and will watch
Sd and hd content

Sony is launching X75H, It's on their website. Check it out.

Shop name,contact number etc..is it pack piece ?and also let me know @ 1+ 1 year (1 comprehensive+1 panel) warranty offered or not.

Also share some picks and experiance

Selling my good as brand new B9 55 INCH OLED with remaining 2.2 years warranty for just 95k while market price is above 120000, so if anyone from delhi intersted then pm me

Guys,

In Search for LG C9 65" - got 2.09 from Reliance Digital and E9 For 2.25L LG Store .. can some one from Bangalore who got better price? any leads will be appreciated

LG have an offer of 10k worth of vouchers, on OLED's, for those who have pre-booked a product + card specific cash back offers going on. The 10k voucher offer is expiring tomorrow for those interested.

In the market for the A8G, in Mumbai. Anyone wanted to pool in, let me know.

Last edited:
LG have an offer of 10k worth of vouchers, on OLED's, for those who have pre-booked a product + card specific cash back offers going on. The 10k voucher offer is expiring tomorrow for those interested.

In the market for the A8G, in Mumbai. Anyone wanted to pool in, let me know.
Am looking for 65A9G.

Back