OLED TV's price/best quote thread

The cheapest quote I got for A8 65 inch was 2.27L so expect 80k-1L more for the A9. The Mrp of A9 is 4.19L. Without negotiations I was quoted 3.7L for the A9 65 inch.so my guess is that the best you can get is some where around 3L for the 65A9. Al the quotes I have mentioned was in December during my hunt for an oled. I started with Sony oled as I am a huge fan of Sony but didn’t have the budget

Like a free COVID-19 infection? :p

JK! Be safe though and maintain distance as much as possible.
Haha. Thanks bro!

No recent quote. Will start with what you get.
Good luck :)

Do you have a figure in mind? Will help negotiate. Pm me your number as well. I can ping you directly.

The cheapest quote I got for A8 65 inch was 2.27L so expect 80k-1L more for the A9. The Mrp of A9 is 4.19L. Without negotiations I was quoted 3.7L for the A9 65 inch.so my guess is that the best you can get is some where around 3L for the 65A9. Al the quotes I have mentioned was in December during my hunt for an oled. I started with Sony oled as I am a huge fan of Sony but didn’t have the budget

3.07 is the price on the Sony website at the moment, for the A9G 65".

Okay. Before lockdown 65A9G was at 2.90L. It is 3.07L on Sony direct buy site. If it is at 2.5L now then seems like a good deal.
Yeah like I said around 3L for sure. I don’t think you can get it for 2.5L. And in my past experience it’s very difficult to negotiate for Sony tv’s. Even when I told them I am buying c9 for 1.95L and asked if there is any chance they can give the A8 for 2L they showed no interest and responded it’s a Sony the best tv so can’t reduce price. They always stick to their price. So if it’s 3.07L in their site then Sony showroom will sell for 3L at best and other shops like croma and reliance digital will offer for 2.8-2.9L. Already they have slashed the price by a huge margin so it won’t be easy negotiating with them. Try to act tough during negotiation and don’t let them sense you have finalised on Sony.

Yeah like I said around 3L for sure. I don’t think you can get it for 2.5L. And in my past experience it’s very difficult to negotiate for Sony tv’s. Even when I told them I am buying c9 for 1.95L and asked if there is any chance they can give the A8 for 2L they showed no interest and responded it’s a Sony the best tv so can’t reduce price. They always stick to their price. So if it’s 3.07L in their site then Sony showroom will sell for 3L at best and other shops like croma and reliance digital will offer for 2.8-2.9L. Already they have slashed the price by a huge margin so it won’t be easy negotiating with them. Try to act tough during negotiation and don’t let them sense you have finalised on Sony.

2.8 and 2.9 does seem like a good price. However I would think there would be more scope for discounts considering the price bracket? Though Sony may not do that considering how they price the TV's.

Yes sir. Will post quotes that I get.

Unrelated. Why don’t you folks put your name in signature :)
I have never seen a forum where the actual name is mentioned in a signature. Defeats the purpose of a username :)

Hey Navin (that feels so much better). I see you have a Shield Pro. Nice.
Yeah I do.

2.8 and 2.9 does seem like a good price. However I would think there would be more scope for discounts considering the price bracket? Though Sony may not do that considering how they price the TV's.

Yeah you can try to negotiate but as I have said they are adamant with their pricing. I am even surprised to see it’s available for 3.07L

Last edited:
The A9G are made in Malaysia & not assembled here like their cheaper models. So doubt there is much scope in bringing the price down as internationally the 65A9G sells for $3,300 after discount(list price-$3500). $3.3k is approx 2.5L taking 75-76$ to INR value.
So for that price in India also is a sweet deal for the 65A9G..

Cheers.

The A9G are made in Malaysia & not assembled here like their cheaper models. So doubt there is much scope in bringing the price down as internationally the 65A9G sells for $3,300 after discount(list price-$3500). $3.3k is approx 2.5L taking 75-76$ to INR value.
So for that price in India also is a sweet deal for the 65A9G..

Cheers.
Even my previous Sony tv was imported from Malaysia. I think most of the Sony tv’s are imported from Malaysia

Even my previous Sony tv was imported from Malaysia. I think most of the Sony tv’s are imported from Malaysia
Yes mostly their Top models are imported from their factory in Malaysia. You had a top model LED from them earlier?
The others are either assembled here or are imported from their Thailand factory.

Cheers.

Absolutely. I just did that conversion. Still a premium over LG.
Yes it is but my next Oled will be Sony for sure. I m happy with my B6 but just hate how LG stops supporting their models with firmware updates after 2-3 years product lifespan. I guess they want you to upgrade your Oled to the latest model every 3 years ;-) Sony still supports & give firmware updates even for their 2017 Oleds.

Cheers,

Yes it is but my next Oled will be Sony for sure. I m happy with my B6 but just hate how LG stops supporting their models with firmware updates after 2-3 years product lifespan. I guess they want you to upgrade your Oled to the latest model every 3 years ;-) Sony still supports & give firmware updates even for their 2017 Oleds.

Cheers,

But but....Dolby Vision hasn't been fixed on F models; still too dark. No fix for chrominance overshoot either for them. LG came through, even if it took some time, for all their 2018 models. A1E was made worse by an update that made ABL more severe and problematic, which remains that way in newer models too. If you get burn-in, LG has been the nicest among all brands when it comes to replacing panels. Sony and Panasonic are a flat no.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back