OLED TV's price/best quote thread

Just after 6 days a strange vertical line started appearing in the center of my 65C8. Has anyone faced similar issue before? Should I ask them to replace the set or go through warranty process?60EC1D0D-4CF5-4D57-A83D-7B261AB3CC5B.jpeg

Look at her left eye to notice the line.

A4766E0D-FFA6-4469-915B-593058AE22CE.jpeg

Just after 6 days a strange vertical line started appearing in the center of my 65C8. Has anyone faced similar issue before? Should I ask them to replace the set or go through warranty process?View attachment 35659

View attachment 35660
this certainly look like panel issue, Have you tried different media? also may be try factory reset the TV.

Just after 6 days a strange vertical line started appearing in the center of my 65C8. Has anyone faced similar issue before? Should I ask them to replace the set or go through warranty process?View attachment 35659

View attachment 35660
In my opinion, you should ask for replacement with the dealer first. Are you using pixel refresh? Try doing so if you have not done that so far. Try that grey uniformity test, I guess thats for vertical banding, just to check if you are able to spot anything else!!

this certainly look like panel issue, Have you tried different media? also may be try factory reset the TV.

No I haven’t tried anything because I want the LG Engineer to see and acknowledge this issue first. If it goes away now and come back after warranty period then will be a bigger issue. From the looks it is clearly a vertical line of dead pixels.

In my opinion, you should ask for replacement with the dealer first. Are you using pixel refresh? Try doing so if you have not done that so far. Try that grey uniformity test, I guess thats for vertical banding, just to check if you are able to spot anything else!!

I called Reliance Digital and the LG representative from that store. They had logged a call with LG. They say engineer will visit and see the issue first and then decide what action to be taken. I think they will most probably replace the panel. Also I think no point in taking the replacement as if both these tvs are from same batch then I might have the same problem again. Better to get a fresh panel itself. It is not banding or grey uniformity issue I have already checked that. Grey uniformity is actually very consistent on my panel if you set aside this issue.

I called Reliance Digital and the LG representative from that store. They had logged a call with LG. They say engineer will visit and see the issue first and then decide what action to be taken. I think they will most probably replace the panel. Also I think no point in taking the replacement as if both these tvs are from same batch then I might have the same problem again. Better to get a fresh panel itself. It is not banding or grey uniformity issue I have already checked that. Grey uniformity is actually very consistent on my panel if you set aside this issue.

Get the AF8? I am a happy customer.

okay great! What are the other things that one should be aware of when buying the OLED? I see you mentioned double tapping in your post is one, what exactly is that? I read about grey uniformity test where some YT vidoes are available to do so. What are the other tests that one should perform with a new OLED (if this is off-topic, please ignore and you can IM me for the answer)? I haven't bought one yet, but just for my knowledge.

I'm currently watching LG-65OLEDC8 which is given to me as part of try and buy offer. I've been watching some netflix + some local content, black levels are wonderful with the netflix content. Dolby vison and HDR effect is amazing! I used ISF expert dark room mode that showed better picture compared to cinema (dark room) mode, not done any manual settings. The SDR content and most of the HD channels on TSky not showing great quality, SDR channels to be the worst, we watch less of Tsky but need to figure out what mode does best with up scaling of SD content.

better get a replacement then opening up a new tv for panel change.

Cheers.

Any update? did you get a replacement or repair?
Yes Reliance Digital folks said they will be sending replacement unit coming Saturday. But the thing is the line on the screen has gone on its own. I did nothing and it just disappeared. I am still planning to get the replacement unit as we never know when it would come back.

Hey guys,

I ve got an LG C8 55, around 2 weeks back, I m planning to go for the official one year extended warranty, which is costing me 23k, I just want to know that will the image retention/burn in issue be covered by lg?

Also, do u guys recommend third party warranty like onsitego for oled? Their review seems pretty bad for mobile servicing.

Thanks,

Hey guys,

I ve got an LG C8 55, around 2 weeks back, I m planning to go for the official one year extended warranty, which is costing me 23k, I just want to know that will the image retention/burn in issue be covered by lg?

Also, do u guys recommend third party warranty like onsitego for oled? Their review seems pretty bad for mobile servicing.

Thanks,
In my opinion it is always better to go for extended warranty from brand for expensive items like TV.

yesterday my C7 LG oled showed a new software 5.80.15 for OTA update. updated - did not notice any change as such. Read that it fixes some audio issue in live TV. anyone updated?

When can we expect 2019 OLED models ?
Nothing much different than C8 except HDMI 2.1 and few under the hood improvements with motion handling and mpeg noise. There aren’t any devices in market to fully utilise the capabilities of HDMI 2.1. Only if you want to be future proof C9 is for you.

Anyone using Fire Stick 4K with LG OLED can share their experience? Only issue I could think of is when you pause the video or leave the firestick on its home screen - TV won't kick in the screen saver and this increases the risk of burn in if you accidentally leave it that way for long time.

Anyone using Fire Stick 4K with LG OLED can share their experience? Only issue I could think of is when you pause the video or leave the firestick on its home screen - TV won't kick in the screen saver and this increases the risk of burn in if you accidentally leave it that way for long time.

But why use FIre Stick when there are native apps for netflix/amazon/hotstar?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back