OnePlus U1 55, should I go for it?

Hey guys, so there's another tv I've had my eyes on, it is a new samsung 55 inch, now if you guys might be familiar of Samsung's PQI, this tv has a PQI of 2100, which is higher than the models like RU7470 and RU7100, I did check out RU7470 in person and felt it was a good tv, so on paper this seems to be a better tv on terms of PQ but not sure, I did try checking this tv out in a nearby samsung showroom, but they said since it is an online only model they didn't have it on display kinda like the NU6100 which had a PQI of 1600

The link to the tv - https://www.samsung.com/in/tvs/uhd-tv-tue60a/UA55TUE60AKXXL/
It has samsung pur color technology. Similar to ru7100 from last year.
Which means no WCG support.
WCG models starts with TU8500 this year, also equipped with dual LED that improves contrast.
It is priced around 70-75K.

Specs look fine for a TV this price from Samsung. Doesn't mention brightness and backlight technology. Nor it says anything about WCG or colour depth

But it does have Samsung's 4k processor and eARC support. Overall SW features and enhancements look good. I don't have any personal experience with it. With all things considered, it might be better that OP U1, as samsung is miles ahead in TV technology compared to OP.
This might be true. Samsung has years of experience.

It has samsung pur color technology. Similar to ru7100 from last year.
Which means no WCG support.
WCG models starts with TU8500 this year, also equipped with dual LED that improves contrast.
It is priced around 70-75K.
Yeah I was checking that model out as well it is out of stock although, anyway if I were to go for this how would it compare to the frame? Given 50 inch frame is around the same cost. Does this have a 10 bit panel?

how would it compare to the frame?

Unfair comparison.

Frame is of another level. Its got a QLED Panel, 120hz, 10bit, WCG, awesome contrast ratio, 550 nits, much better image upscaler. For gamers, the VRR, and no input lag is a strong appeal. I am considering its 65in model for my usage.

Oh, the one connect box and frame feature is on top of all this.

Last edited:
So if I'm investing around 75k I should go for the frame hands down? Or is there any other option? My main purpose is gaming on a PS4 pro

On the Samsung website, the frame has a 9k cashback on hdfc credit card and an 18 month no cost emi so I guess I can afford it, but the only problem is it is out of stock there, is the frame available offline as well? Because the salesperson at samsung told me that is an online only model.

My main purpose is gaming on a PS4 pro

Yes, I doubt you got any other gamers TV in this range. Though, I'll suggest you get the 55in. There is a 8k difference in price. But 50in does lose out of some key features.

It is an Online only model.

Again, like all the YouTube reviewers, I am being an ass and all I am saying is on the basis of spec sheet and reviews written over internet. I personally haven't seen this TV. But then, since it is Samsung and Frame has proven itself for last three years, it is a much better and safer bet that OP or TCL or MI or VU.

Also check rtings.com for samsung frame 2020. They are one of the best sites for tv reviews. They have done a detailed review on it. For the price its the best to get for PQ and especially for gaming as none support 120hz in this range. Its available for 85k for the 55 inch model but during offers it come to 80k.

Hey guys, so there's another tv I've had my eyes on, it is a new samsung 55 inch, now if you guys might be familiar of Samsung's PQI, this tv has a PQI of 2100, which is higher than the models like RU7470 and RU7100, I did check out RU7470 in person and felt it was a good tv, so on paper this seems to be a better tv on terms of PQ but not sure, I did try checking this tv out in a nearby samsung showroom, but they said since it is an online only model they didn't have it on display kinda like the NU6100 which had a PQI of 1600

The link to the tv - https://www.samsung.com/in/tvs/uhd-tv-tue60a/UA55TUE60AKXXL/

Yes, this new TV seems to be a steal.

I have seen the difference in display output of Samsung's PQI ratings and can vouch for it

One of my friend booked the 55 inch TUE60 model yesterday.

PS: I have a 58" RU7100

Yes, this new TV seems to be a steal.

I have seen the difference in display output of Samsung's PQI ratings and can vouch for it

One of my friend booked the 55 inch TUE60 model yesterday.

PS: I have a 58" RU7100
Thanks a lot man, it would really help if you could check out the tv in person and just drop in your thoughts, I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks a lot man, it would really help if you could check out the tv in person and just drop in your thoughts, I'd really appreciate that.

Sure, expected delivery date is 14th, will check out in person and will let you know. I too am shocked that i bought RU7100 at 65k in January and now there is a better Series 8 TV at only 50k, i think it should match the quality of RU8000 series. Let's see

Video of my TV in Action in 4K YT streaming, stock sound output from TV

Sure, expected delivery date is 14th, will check out in person and will let you know. I too am shocked that i bought RU7100 at 65k in January and now there is a better Series 8 TV at only 50k, i think it should match the quality of RU8000 series. Let's see

Video of my TV in Action in 4K YT streaming, stock sound output from TV
Thanks a lot for the video man, it does look better than the oneplus tv tbh so will wait for your final thoughts after the tv has has reached.

My question is what is your opinion about Sanyo Kaizen 4k 65 inch IPS panel TV?
Depends on what's your priority, coz Sanyo is an IPS panel, so poor blacks, light bleeding but better colors and viewing angles

Also I feel that Sanyo is misleading their customers, because I called them to ask weather it was a 8-bit panel or 10-bit panel, they were like it's a 12 bit panel which is a blatant lie.

I agree that OLED is not for everyone.My point was you can get top tier tv in india OLED or LCD for 1.2lac be it sony 950G/H or Q80R/Q90T or LG B9/C9.One Plus has launched a basic tv.its not even competing with Vizio P Quantum or TCL 6 series or Hisense H9.Its a crime to launch such a poor spec tv for such exorbitant price.
Does anyone know the closest model in India to the TCL 6 series in the US. The India website has very sketchy spec details and customer care are not helpful.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back