OnePlus U1 55, should I go for it?

Hi

I finally got to check the TUE60 55 incher which was finally installed.

Initial Impressions:

• Body panel looked the same as RU7100/7470 series
  • Made in Vietnam model same as other series TV
  • TV Box says Series 8 TV(Crystal), so it has to be it(Company like Samsung wont misrepresent the same)
  • UI is different, New additions like "Ambient Mode", Shadow option has been added over Series 7, dont know whether those are part of existing 8 Series lineup or not
  • Coming to the picture quality, i couldnt see any remarkable difference in the clarity but yes, the Picture quality settings are definitely more sensitive i.e Every single stop increase in the unit is equivalent to 2 stop increase in my TV(RU7100).
  • Remote has a new option of Zee5 in place of www(internet)
  • Overall picture quality continues to be excellent(may be 2-5% better than Series 7) TV, Deep Blacks and punchy colours are a a high point of this TV
  • Helped my friend in customising the "Natural" setting for better experience.(Thanks to my experience of using RU7100TV from last 8 months :D )
Thanks a lot for this man, this gives me some confidence about my purchase, I can certainly vouch that RU7470 looked way better than OP U1, if it even comes like like 90% close to that it is a steal for this price.

So basically the PQI is going to be much lower than what is mentioned? If that's the case then probably I would have to cancel it and go for the frame only then, I was still expecting that it's basically the same tv as TU8000 and the reason it's priced lower is because it is made in Vietnam, and tu8000 is made in India, so it is slightly more expensive.
My TU8570 is made in Vietnam as per its box. Though PQ difference will not be that much. This PQI index is just gimmick to sell products. But go for samsung only not oneplus. Huge difference is there in terms of performance. You will see the difference when you will play expansion tv show on Prime Videos. Oneplus was not able to play it properly at all. On samsung its flawless very smooth.

Hi Guys, Just got my q70r. I have a question though:

During my testing everything seemed tk be working fine and have also set up the PQ settings accordingly. However there seems to be a glow along the edges of the TV. This is more prominent in the Prime video start screen and youtube interface. But this glow is present in all the scenes where there is a difference in lighting. Is this normal? Can someone help out on this point.

Hi Guys, Just got my q70r. I have a question though:

During my testing everything seemed tk be working fine and have also set up the PQ settings accordingly. However there seems to be a glow along the edges of the TV. This is more prominent in the Prime video start screen and youtube interface. But this glow is present in all the scenes where there is a difference in lighting. Is this normal? Can someone help out on this point.
Mate, you don't have to post same question in multiple threads.

Hi
Oneplus Q1 is now available @ 59.9k at amazon (prime day sale), at this price, is this worth now?
Thanks

One tv that I was searching was the Panasonic OLED HZ2000. Vincent Teoh rates it very high. I searched and searched all over but can't find this TV. Maybe some one can help?

Hi

I finally got to check the TUE60 55 incher which was finally installed.

Initial Impressions:

• Body panel looked the same as RU7100/7470 series
  • Made in Vietnam model same as other series TV
  • TV Box says Series 8 TV(Crystal), so it has to be it(Company like Samsung wont misrepresent the same)
  • UI is different, New additions like "Ambient Mode", Shadow option has been added over Series 7, dont know whether those are part of existing 8 Series lineup or not
  • Coming to the picture quality, i couldnt see any remarkable difference in the clarity but yes, the Picture quality settings are definitely more sensitive i.e Every single stop increase in the unit is equivalent to 2 stop increase in my TV(RU7100).
  • Remote has a new option of Zee5 in place of www(internet)
  • Overall picture quality continues to be excellent(may be 2-5% better than Series 7) TV, Deep Blacks and punchy colours are a a high point of this TV
  • Helped my friend in customising the "Natural" setting for better experience.(Thanks to my experience of using RU7100TV from last 8 months :D )

TU/RU7100 has been awarded the best budget TV in What Hi-Fi Awards 2020, and i am not surprised!!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back