OnePlus U1 55, should I go for it?

Yes, this new TV seems to be a steal.

I have seen the difference in display output of Samsung's PQI ratings and can vouch for it

One of my friend booked the 55 inch TUE60 model yesterday.

PS: I have a 58" RU7100
Brother did you get a chance to check TUE60 model? I have returned my oneplus 55U1 and planning to buy TUE60. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Brother did you get a chance to check TUE60 model? I have returned my oneplus 55U1 and planning to buy TUE60. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Not yet, My friend's apartment is under containment zone now, TV has reached but not yet installed. Should be installed by 7-8th August.

Why did you return OP?

Why did you return it??
1.I mostly watch stuff over bluetooth neck bands and I have 3 decent bluetooth neck bands and all 3 are producing crackling sound with no audio and video sync.
2. Poor black levels.
3. Casting is not smooth with OP6
4. Some of the 4k content doesn't play smoothly (I have connected tv to 5 ghz band of Airtel 100mbps connection) so broadband cant be an issue.
5. Tough to understand vocals while watching movie at volume below 60. You have to bother your neighbors in order to understand the vocals.

So after spending 50k i surely dont want to face these issues. Better buy TUE60 or add few more thousands to get any other samsung 8 series tv.

I got the oneplus U1. It's a beautiful TV. Better than the TCL P8E series I saw in reliance digital. If any of you want any specific information, let me know

Apart from the audio issue all are facing how would you rate the PQ. Black level, 4k, up-scaling, HDR, SDR, color reproduction. Would be helpfull if you could put in some pics and really test in and out of the tele and let us know.

1.I mostly watch stuff over bluetooth neck bands and I have 3 decent bluetooth neck bands and all 3 are producing crackling sound with no audio and video sync.
2. Poor black levels.
3. Casting is not smooth with OP6
4. Some of the 4k content doesn't play smoothly (I have connected tv to 5 ghz band of Airtel 100mbps connection) so broadband cant be an issue.
5. Tough to understand vocals while watching movie at volume below 60. You have to bother your neighbors in order to understand the vocals.

So after spending 50k i surely dont want to face these issues. Better buy TUE60 or add few more thousands to get any other samsung 8 series tv.

On your experience if you were to compare the U1 to a model which one would you choose. Like so and so is better than U1 or vice versa comparison. Just to get an idea where the U1 stands among competition.

On your experience if you were to compare the U1 to a model which one would you choose. Like so and so is better than U1 or vice versa comparison. Just to get an idea where the U1 stands among competition.
Brother I didn't see any other TV's recently face to face to compare with. But I bought samsung Tu8570 today and samsung people yet to come to install it. Not sure if it will be fare to compare both.

Hi Everyone, after doing a lot of research and considering many factors, I've deliberately purchased the Samsung TUE60 55 inch, it is going to be delivered to me on the 7th of August and would be more than happy to review it and post my thoughts here, please let me know if anyone has a specific query in mind and reply on this thread, I'll keep a note of them, also I've never reviewed a tv in depth so some advice as to what to keep in mind would be great, thanks.

Hi Everyone, after doing a lot of research and considering many factors, I've deliberately purchased the Samsung TUE60 55 inch, it is going to be delivered to me on the 7th of August and would be more than happy to review it and post my thoughts here, please let me know if anyone has a specific query in mind and reply on this thread, I'll keep a note of them, also I've never reviewed a tv in depth so some advice as to what to keep in mind would be great, thanks.
Its a great buy for its price. But keep in mind its a 6 series device (not 8 series as mentioned on its website) which samsung tweaked with latest Tizen version and few more software updates which other TU series coming with but the hardware is of 6 series. By mistake samsung provided same specs on its website as TU8000 with same PQI level (got to know from few reliable sources). They cant sell one device at 50k and another with same specs at 73k. But yes Tue60 will be better than U1 in terms of both PQ and specially clear vocals, smooth software interface and much better customer service.

Its a great buy for its price. But keep in mind its a 6 series device (not 8 series as mentioned on its website) which samsung tweaked with latest Tizen version and few more software updates which other TU series coming with but the hardware is of 6 series. By mistake samsung provided same specs on its website as TU8000 with same PQI level (got to know from few reliable sources). They cant sell one device at 50k and another with same specs at 73k. But yes Tue60 will be better than U1 in terms of both PQ and specially clear vocals, smooth software interface and much better customer service.
So basically the PQI is going to be much lower than what is mentioned? If that's the case then probably I would have to cancel it and go for the frame only then, I was still expecting that it's basically the same tv as TU8000 and the reason it's priced lower is because it is made in Vietnam, and tu8000 is made in India, so it is slightly more expensive.

Hi

I finally got to check the TUE60 55 incher which was finally installed.

Initial Impressions:

• Body panel looked the same as RU7100/7470 series
  • Made in Vietnam model same as other series TV
  • TV Box says Series 8 TV(Crystal), so it has to be it(Company like Samsung wont misrepresent the same)
  • UI is different, New additions like "Ambient Mode", Shadow option has been added over Series 7, dont know whether those are part of existing 8 Series lineup or not
  • Coming to the picture quality, i couldnt see any remarkable difference in the clarity but yes, the Picture quality settings are definitely more sensitive i.e Every single stop increase in the unit is equivalent to 2 stop increase in my TV(RU7100).
  • Remote has a new option of Zee5 in place of www(internet)
  • Overall picture quality continues to be excellent(may be 2-5% better than Series 7) TV, Deep Blacks and punchy colours are a a high point of this TV
  • Helped my friend in customising the "Natural" setting for better experience.(Thanks to my experience of using RU7100TV from last 8 months :D )

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back