Onkyo 4505 or yamaha 298 or denon 1312xp

If the Jamo was liked by you, then go and buy that. Its not about brands and its about about individual tastes and their likeness. If you really liked the Jamo then don't hesitate just buy and enjoy...

Thanks jaivelu..but fact is like I loved both the combination, but I auditioned both with a gap of few days at different places-Polk audio TL1600 at ProFX and Jamo 102 at Beats99 - now I can not make it which one would be best with good punch and good for my listening choice of 50% music and 50% movies.
1713+Polk TL 1600 is quoted at Rs.65500/- while 1713+Jamo-102HT with 210 Subwoofer is quoted at Rs.68000/-..If somebody have these combination or have auditioned plz help.I don't wish to go by book-self speaker & other speakers to be set separately..

One more thing I have noted that 1713 US model has zone2 support while Indian model does not have one 2 facility..Strange..!!!

Have you auditioned any of the below Speaker packages?

Wharfedale DX-1 Home Theatre Package

AAD IQ 5.1 High Performance Compact Home Theatre Package

Boston Acoustics A 2310HTS Home Theater Speaker Package

These are are available at Hifimart.com itself. You can get a 10% discount on all the packages.

There are combo packages also available. (i.e. AVR+speakers) You can get the
Denon AVR 1713 for Rs. 24,615/- + Wharfedale DX-1 for Rs. 45,000/-.
So, Total Rs. 69,615/-

which is much cheaper then your quote I think. You can also have 10% discount in hifimart.com. So, the total comes to Rs. 62,654/- only.

These are are available at Hifimart.com itself. You can get a 10% discount on all the packages.

So, Total Rs. 69,615/-

which is much cheaper then your quote I think. You can also have 10% discount in hifimart.com. So, the total comes to Rs. 62,654/- only.
Thanks a lot, jaivelu..But couldn't get a chance to audition this models..But yesterday I auditioned 1713 with Jamo102 spk set with 210 subwoofer-Similar sound like polk audio TL 1600..Then had a demo with Energy 5.1 speaker set but it has FS speaker so didn't like it coz it can not get fit in my room set up.At every dealer the price of Denon is Rs.36900 & a discount of 12%.The model which was quoted at RS.28000 to me was by avenue sound but it's US model and requires converter & a waiting period of 1.5 months..
I haven't heard wharfedale spk set.If I buy it from Hi-fi mart , who will install and set up the product..? that only worries me..coz it seems w very lucrative offer..Thanks a lot for your suggestion..
From all the models which I have auditioned I shortlisted Polk audio TL1600 And the Jamo package..So now i am waiting for all your valuable suggestions..

The Wharfedale DX-1 Home Theatre Cinema Package was recently awarded *****5 STARS***** in the recent review of What Hi*Fi Magazine! It has also got various awards previous year for its performance segment.

This Denon 1713+Wharfedale DX-1 package will surely rock your house, believe me. Even though the installation is simple, If its the installation you have been worrying, then you can ask the help of some FMs who are from Mumbai itself who are willing to help. Also there are lot of Home Theater technicians out there in Mumbai, you can hire them..... ASK FMs FROM MUMBAI FOR THE HELP .....

Please visit the following page...

In the Page there is "Add AV Receiver:" option is there under "Available Options:". From the drop-down menu 5 AVRs are listed. You can select the Denon-1713 and the price will automatically added.

For more information please contact the hifimart.com for pricing and ask them whether they have personnel for installation at Mumbai.

Last edited:
Hi Umapati, you can try the below address or phone no. for the Wharfedale....
This address has been listed in hifimart.com as distributors for Wharfedale. They are situated at Mumbai itself. So, it will be quite easy for you demo the speakers there and get their help for installation also.

Designer Audio India Pvt. Ltd.
'AC Market', Basement #1, Tardeo, Mumbai - 400034. India.
Tel: 91-22-23520320, 23524443 Fax: 91-22-23512836
Email: [email protected]

Hi Umapati, you can try the below address or phone no. for the Wharfedale....
This address has been listed in hifimart.com as distributors for Wharfedale. They are situated at Mumbai itself. So, it will be quite easy for you demo the speakers there and get their help for installation also.

Designer Audio India Pvt. Ltd.
'AC Market', Basement #1, Tardeo, Mumbai - 400034. India.
Tel: 91-22-23520320, 23524443 Fax: 91-22-23512836
Email: [email protected]

Thanks a ton..Jaivelu..you are really a gem of a person.I will definitely look for it and then only come to final decision..You really made my search very easy and find an excellent package.Thanks a again.I will post my reviews very soon..

@dsrrao, wecome to HiFiVision..... :)

Its always better to go for a separate AVR with speakers than to buy a HTiB like Onkyo 3400, 3500 or Yamaha YHT 196 or Denon 1312XP.

If you could increase the budget a little bit to around 35-40K, then you can get a good AVR with a bookshelf speakers (i.e. left and right channel), then you can add the center, surrounds and sub-woofer later...

If you still need to get within the budget of 30-35K, then its better to go with HTiBs. You can choose either one of these below.... They are equally good.

1) Denon 1312XP
2) Onkyo HT-S4505
3) Yamaha YHT-298

They all fit into your budget of 30-35K. The Receivers are very good. They all are future proof with all are having active sub-woofers. You can always change the stock speakers with a better good sound speakers later on.....

Please share your thoughts about it....

So, Total Rs. 69,615/-

Hi Jaivelu

I was considering buying this package, please tell me how i can get this further 10 % disciunt mentioned by you.

Regards, Amit

Please visit the below link and send a enquiry through their web form(you can find at the bottom of the web page). They will reply to your queries.

You can also contact them through Phone No.: 93223-37331.

I think When you are ordering the product, the 10% discount will automatically apply to the final price. You can clarify from hifimart. So, don't worry about that. Happy buying :)

Last edited:
Friends,

Have any one auditioned these three HTIBs?

Will these be enough for a 22*12 Room?

Share your feed back and help me choosing my first HT

So, Total Rs. 69,615/-

Is the AVR alone available for the price you mentioned without the DX-1 ?

@ Kittu, the AVR price is a bundled offer price. (i.e. if its been taken bundled with Wharfedale DX-1). Hence, I don't think the AVR price will be same if got it separately.

@ Kittu, the AVR price is a bundled offer price. (i.e. if its been taken bundled with Wharfedale DX-1). Hence, I don't think the AVR price will be same if got it separately.

Wonder!!! what would be the price without the DX-1? ;)

I have it checked from hifimart it's the final price for 1713+ DX-1 package. They said it's already discounted rate. So final price is Rs.69615/-

Back