Panasonic plasma V20 series group buy

By the way , you got the nice deal mate..when are you getting delivery?
Have you compared 50vt20 and 50v20 side by side?
for me there was no difference..
Just to know your opinion..

Not side by side.. Seen them seperately..
Loved the grey bezel of the V20.. VT20 was only so so..
Lowest I could get V20 was 73 (locally) and VT20 80k with all the freebies..
Which means I had to select them at the same price..
3D is a bonus.. And VT20 had better filter theoretically..
Traded function over looks.. :D

ETA : Sunday

Booked my 50VT20 at Devi International today... Thanks Kittu ;)

For anyone else looking out for a good deal on the 50VT20; found another dealer called GTC in Bangalore who has agreed to 75k. He might the have 50V20 too, but you'll have to check with him.

You can reach him on 87222 09699.

He has also agreed to ship the TVs to bigger cities if required.

Lowest I could get V20 was 73 (locally) and VT20 80k with all the freebies..

Traded function over looks.. :D

ETA : Sunday

Congratulations Blasto, Could you share the details of the deal & contact details for the concerned person at Croma. IIRC you did mention that they would be willing to courier to other cities or am I mistaken here.

Booked my 50VT20 at Devi International today... Thanks Kittu ;)

For anyone else looking out for a good deal on the 50VT20; found another dealer called GTC in Bangalore who has agreed to 75k. He might the have 50V20 too, but you'll have to check with him.

You can reach him on 87222 09699.

He has also agreed to ship the TVs to bigger cities if required.

Congratulations to you too Satan how much did you get your VT for, would Devi too be willing to courier panels. Could you provide the relevant contact details. This GTC guy, is he offering a new as in un-opened panel or a demo unit.

I spoke to the seller in Kanpur and while he is offering the 50V20 at the same price as he gave to Naimesh he also offered the 50VT30 for 1.25L. This model does not show up on the Panny India website but he says he can get it from the company with complete warranty. This makes me want to believe that the 50 and 42VT30 should be available somewhere around the end of the calendar year as the Diwali catalogues do not show these sizes but only the 65" panel.

I have not liked any of the Lcd/Led TVs that I have seen in the market thus far. This includes the famous HX, the 8000, 7000, 6600 series and units from Hitachi. The problem is that while these TVs have great PQ on HD transmission but on SD channels they simply lose the plot, though in varying degrees but the loss is there. The units from Sharp on the other hand are great even with SD channels. However with prices at 90K for the 40" and 1.15L for their 46" tvs from the 830 series and further posts by Naimesh and another forum member claiming that their PDPs are not suffering washouts even though they have bright rooms with Sunlight directly impacting the panels, I am gravitating back towards the plasmas :rolleyes:

Congratulations Blasto, Could you share the details of the deal & contact details for the concerned person at Croma. IIRC you did mention that they would be willing to courier to other cities or am I mistaken here.

The branch is Croma Jubilee hills and the manager is Mr. Suneel.
Will send a PM with mobile number if you are interested.
When amol contacted, He says he can ship to his home directly but not to Croma Pune.
Units are directly coming from panasonic godown.

I have not liked any of the Lcd/Led TVs that I have seen in the market thus far. This includes the famous HX, the 8000, 7000, 6600 series and units from Hitachi. The problem is that while these TVs have great PQ on HD transmission but on SD channels they simply lose the plot, though in varying degrees but the loss is there.

Samsung has one of the best image processing. I wonder why you like sharp more than D8000.

further posts by Naimesh and another forum member claiming that their PDPs are not suffering washouts even though they have bright rooms with Sunlight directly impacting the panels, I am gravitating back towards the plasmas :rolleyes:

When you view plasmas in the normal home lighting, you are in for an awe.. Thanks to the black levels and the amazing colour reproduction which gets shadowed in bright showroom lights. The plasmas in general look like different TV at home for someone who had a demo in a showroom.

Having said that, they will not look good if the sunlight is directly falling on the panel. Naimesh probably means a room without any drapes and stuff and not sunlight directly falling on the TV. The VT has the infinite black pro filter though. Never seen it in action in home environment. If you can wait for 2-3 days, I can give you concrete evidence with photograph on my setup. My hall also has a walk in sitout with glass doors just opposite to my current samsung plasma TV (with minimal AR filters). It is draped currently. Will see how the VT fares without drapes and let you know. This is the closest it can come to your setup.

Also, check this post.
http://www.hifivision.com/television/21085-plasma-led.html#post291808

Last edited:
hi,
read this again..
http://www.hifivision.com/television/20803-led-lcd-plasma-8.html#post291515

I purchased 50V20 recently..
I have a bright room too.. with sunlight directly coming on tv in morning..
But I can assure you that there is excellent quality in daytime except when sunlight directly falls on TV in normal mode with brightness and contrast and sharpness reduced to less than 50
If you forgive this little deficit(by controlling sunlight), this is the best TV for current price..Its quite natural to eyes..and after 3-4 hours , it remains a pleasant viewing...
Try LCD or LED for 30 min in showroom and your eyes will be fatigued..
decision is yours..
I think I am clear now..

@Khoj.. don't get mistaken..direct sunlight will impair any plasma I suppose but that is the price we pay for natural and pleasant viewing...The weaknesses of plasma is a strength for me as It gives non fatiguing viewing experience in absence of extremely bright rooms..
My purpose was only to assure people who are afraid of plasma because of their brightly lit room that it will not hamper your regular (casual) viewing and of course for critical viewing I think one should go for devoted home theater room anyway and am sure Plasma will perform even better there..!!!!
currntly I have kept true cinema mode and kept all setting around 40 and still its ok in daytime with SD viewing and obviously its larger than life in darkness of night..
Even SD looks great at distance of 10-12 feet..
I think this helps. . .

Try LCD or LED for 30 min in showroom and your eyes will be fatigued..

Not true always. I have been watching LCD TV and LED monitor for ages now , never fatigued.. May be the content I was is slurrrrrrrrrrrrrp:licklips: ..

Congratulations to you too Satan how much did you get your VT for, would Devi too be willing to courier panels. Could you provide the relevant contact details. This GTC guy, is he offering a new as in un-opened panel or a demo unit.

I actually found this dealer through a friend. After picking up my 50VT20 from Devi, I happened to mention it to my friend and he told me his friend could probably give me a better discount. That's how I found him.

From what I understand he is more of a wholesale / institutional dealer, so he doesn't have any display pieces as such and definitely not Panasonic.

Infact he called me today after one of our members contacted him and said that Panasonic will allow him to sell it at this price only if he can get an order for a few units together. I guess you can club different model together. He assured me that everything is coming directly from Panasonic and that he does not have current inventory of this product.

Last edited:
I actually found this dealer through a friend. After picking up my 50VT20 from Devi, I happened to mention it to my friend and he told me his friend could probably give me a better discount. That's how I found him.

From what I understand he is more of a wholesale / institutional dealer, so he doesn't have any display pieces as such and definitely not Panasonic.

Infact he called me today after one of our members contacted him and said that Panasonic will allow him to sell it at this price only if he can get an order for a few units together. I guess you can club different model together. He assured me that everything is coming directly from Panasonic and that he does not have current inventory of this product.
An update -
I talked to the dealer(corporate) and he is discussing with Panasonic on how it could be delivered at outstation locations and has said he will get back to me tomorrow morning.

The branch is Croma Jubilee hills and the manager is Mr. Suneel.
Will send a PM with mobile number if you are interested.

Please do.

Samsung has one of the best image processing. I wonder why you like sharp more than D8000.

I found it lacking on SD channels. Good looking tv though.

@Khoj.. don't get mistaken..

Even SD looks great at distance of 10-12 feet..
I think this helps. . .

It sure does, thanks.

Not true always. I have been watching LCD TV and LED monitor for ages now , never fatigued.. May be the content I was is slurrrrrrrrrrrrrp:licklips: ..

:lol:

50VT20 whether at 80 or 75 cannot hurt either ways.

Spoke to the Croma Manager in Hyderabad, thanks to Blasto. However they are unable to courier the panel anywhere outside state limits. 12 units still available. They are purchasing directly from Panasonic office in Hyderabad.

Now I am going to go and talk to one of the brand shops here to see if they can work with their Retail Channel Manager from Panasonic to route one of the panels to Delhi. I am doubtful though, as during one of chats with the brand shop people they had mentioned regarding a minimum order value that they have to place. I doubt a single unit retailing @80K would cover that. However will still talk at the most they will refuse what else.?

EDIT

Just saw amol12's post above. this should be very interesting. amol12 do keep me in the loop. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks to blasto, booked the 50VT20 today at Croma hyderabad for 80K. Same offer as blasto, infact he ordered for both of us :)

And similar result on the scratch card 'thanks for participating. Happy Dasara.....' :( damn. Not even a rice cooker :):)

Just booked Panasonic 50 VT20 for 75K in modern world bangalore. Offer includes 2 3D glasses. Also got Onkyo 3400 and Samsung blueray for 28K. Thanks everyone for your inputs. Forum helped me to get the deal :)

Just booked Panasonic 50 VT20 for 75K in modern world bangalore. Offer includes 2 3D glasses. Also got Onkyo 3400 and Samsung blueray for 28K. Thanks everyone for your inputs. Forum helped me to get the deal :)

Getting better and better as the festive season approaches.

Sorry for joining this thread so late. Hope I have not missed the bus.

Anybody from Kolkata in this thread? Can this offer/group buy be availed here as well?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back