Panasonic plasma V20 series group buy

In my opinion, if you can wait for 15-20 days more, you can get 50VT20 for less than 70k(locally)

Trying that out is suicidal seriously.. Stocks are fast running out.. Thanks to our threads..
The dealer I purchased had 16 units for a month till last thursday when I booked.. Now he has 10!!

if you are ready for cost of 80k for 50VT30, why not 50ST30 available at your city from panasonic(best price thread) for same price, no risk of shipping..
BTW you can get 50VT20 shipped with TNT with ~1.5k..no need to spend 5k...

Err 'cause ST is not a VT ;)
If I end up buying a plasma it will have to be a Panasonic and only from the V / VT series, whether it is a 20 or 30 is another story.

Regarding TNT you are correct that it will be cheaper than 5K. I did an online pricing on their web site and the quote is 2.9K. The price of 1.5~1.9 that Dhruv gets from them seems to be a negotiated rate available only when one has a contract with them. Anyhow, I will be talking to them over the phone including several others.

:eek: :eek:
You meant VT20 right?? ;)
VT30 will be 80k same time next year. :(

I am already going cuckoo :yahoo:

Trying that out is suicidal seriously.. Stocks are fast running out.. Thanks to our threads..
The dealer I purchased had 16 units for a month till last thursday when I booked.. Now he has 10!!

Yes, that is correct when I spoke to Sunil he confirmed that he had 12 units, this was mid-last week so another 3~4 sold over the weekend :sos:

Size : Ideal would be 46" :p
Plasma or : Heart says Plasma; Mind says LED due to very bright room

I was in the same boat as you were. Honestly, I never thought buying a TV could be this complex, until I arrived here. Plasma's... lol... what Plasma? That wasn't even an option to consider when I started looking for a new TV. Why? Because according to the world, it's ancient technology and has been abandoned by Sony because it's crap. That's the assumption I was living under.

Next, comes the bright colors of an LED LCD, which have a great appeal to me. I love colors that are bright and vibrant and honestly, saturated and not realy well... REAL. That was another reason for me to go in for an LED LCD.

See this post by me almost a year ago.

Over the last year I have seen almost every TV that there is to see. Every branded store rep knows me personally now becasue I have visited them that many times in search of the perfect TV.

Finally I gave up on a TV and decided to go in for a projector until Kittu told me about this deal going on with the VT20.

Given that it was available for an insane price, I just closed my eyes and bought it. Didn't even bother to check out the picture quality or anything as I had decided last year that if I was every going to buy a plasma, it would be a VT20.

It arrived on Saturday and trust me when I tell you that every fear that you have ever had about a plasma TV will just disappear. You won't even remember what was bothering you in the first place.

Bright room, lack luster colors, blah blah blah. Just drop it in a room and turn it on, and you will be amazed. Like I said before, the home environment is a whole lot different from the showroom.

LCDs are great but without the great ink blanks, they are just no good. Play one of the night time tracks in NFS Hot Pursuit on a Plasma and LED-LCD and you'll see the difference. There is a reason why the VT20 was judged as a Reference TV and the best TV of 2010. Get it and you'll find out for yourself.

And about the size... again, trust me on this, you'll be kicking yourself afterwards if you go in for anything less than 50", especially considering the price that it's available at.

Last edited:
Err 'cause ST is not a VT ;)
If I end up buying a plasma it will have to be a Panasonic and only from the V / VT series, whether it is a 20 or 30 is another story.

Iam trying to convey V/VT of yester-year in better than ST of this year but since these are not on display now, its hard to prove. :mad:

A few photos comparing my Samsung plasma vs VT20 will put things to rest.. But this thing just will not arrive.. :mad::mad:

It arrived on Saturday and trust me when I tell you that every fear that you have ever had about a plasma TV will just disappear. You won't even remember what was bothering you in the first place.

Bright room, lack luster colors, blah blah blah. Just drop it in a room and turn it on, and you will be amazed. Like I said before, the home environment is a whole lot different from the showroom.

Satan, Cool down. I know your excitement. :)
This does not apply to all plasma TVs generically.. Only ST30 and VT20.. And to a lesser extent the V20..

The neo-PDP and infinite black pro is what does the magic.. Other plasmas still need some kind of light control. People here tend to lose context when they read posts.. So please specifically mention when posting.. :D

Also, Please post photos of the TV displaying content in bright light condition and in the night.. (both with flash off).

You might have mentioned already somewhere in the thread... I couldn't find. Can you tell me what is the price you got for VT20/V20 in Hyd?

You might have mentioned already somewhere in the thread... I couldn't find. Can you tell me what is the price you got for VT20/V20 in Hyd?

V20 - 73k - Not negotiated further since VT20 was available
VT20 - 80k with 2*3D glasses and scratch card. He said he will match any price.. but this was the lowest at the time.. (Now 75k in bangalore).

Finance available.. 30k downpayment + 50k in 18 emi.

Hi everybody on this thread first i would likely thank 2 kittu and blasto for there valuable in puts.. i was about 2 buy 50V20D couple off weeks back, but after following this thread now i have decided 2 go for 50VT20D, so i had a telephonic interaction with GTC Person he has agreed for 75K for 50VT20D but with only one 3D glass and free wireless key board + scratch card...and he says don't miss this offer and he says there only 2 fresh pieces are available in panny show room Bangalore .. so recommended that to purchase immediately either from him r somebody who is offering less.. but my only request is 2 that gentleman for one more 3D glass.. he said he will try best but not sure.. so should i need 2 wait for some time r go head and purchase help is required Thanks every one and wish u one and all HAPPY DASARA....regards RAJ...

One of the forum members from bangalore has bought for the same price with 2 pairs of 3d glasses at modern world store. You can contact them. Also contact Ramesh Singh @ Devi international.

Satan, Cool down. I know your excitement. :)
This does not apply to all plasma TVs generically.. Only ST30 and VT20.. And to a lesser extent the V20..

The neo-PDP and infinite black pro is what does the magic.. Other plasmas still need some kind of light control. People here tend to lose context when they read posts.. So please specifically mention when posting.. :D

Also, Please post photos of the TV displaying content in bright light condition and in the night.. (both with flash off).

I'm too old to be excited by a TV Blasto! Well ok, maybe a little ;)

The point I was making is that this whole process of deciding can be very frustrating and arduous given how many options there are. I'm only encouraging people here to go with their gut feelings. Since we are in a thread labeled "V20 Group Buy", it should be understood that I am indeed talking about a Panasonic TV, in my case, specifically the VT20.

Honestly speaking, the Samsung Plasma's never really got my attention. Very lack luster if you ask me. The reason I turned to the Dark Side (Plasma... Get it? Deep Blacks... Dark Side... oh well!) was because of Panasonic.

The reason I turned to the Dark Side (Plasma...)

Now that you have moved over to the dark side complete with the power of Plasma vested in you, is it not time to change your handle to Darth Vader..... Similar characteristics as Satan but more with the times :D

i had a telephonic interaction with GTC Person he has agreed for 75K for 50VT20D but with only one 3D glass and free wireless key board + scratch card...and he says don't miss this offer and he says there only 2 fresh pieces are available in panny show room Bangalore .. so recommended that to purchase immediately either from him r somebody who is offering less.. but my only request is 2 that gentleman for one more 3D glass.. he said he will try best but not sure.. so should i need 2 wait for some time r go head and purchase help is required Thanks every one and wish u one and all HAPPY DASARA....regards RAJ...

Dealers tend to over project the numbers to sell soon.. Even so, my advice is to not to risk this offer for a 3D glass..
Kittu got the exact same offer and I got 2 glasses for 80k.. So it is not even unfair..
There is only one member as of now who has managed to get it for 75k with 2 glasses.. It is from modern world. Not sure if they ship out of bangalore.. Could be a local offer..
Best of luck..

i had a telephonic interaction with GTC Person he has agreed for 75K for 50VT20D but with only one 3D glass and free wireless key board + scratch card...and he says don't miss this offer and he says there only 2 fresh pieces are available in panny show room Bangalore

Hey Khoj.. Are you listening?? Only 2 pieces left in bangalore.!!

Khoj seems to be even more confused than ever...I suppose...its time to pull the trigger..
but these figures are to clear stocks faster..so don't panic..decide wisely..
still my guess is 50VT20 will be sold at 70k...
BTW no one wants to buy 50V20..It is also worth its price at 64k..or the stocks are finished?

Hey Khoj.. Are you listening?? Only 2 pieces left in bangalore.!!

No problem, 6 pieces are there with Sunil ;) BTW where is your PDP ?

@Naimesh, all I need is a cup of coffee to get my grey cells going & take a call. Problem is one doesn't get good 'kaphee' in Dilli....

Last edited:
No problem, 6 pieces are there with Sunil ;) BTW where is your PDP ?

Not delivered yet!! Getting calls from croma and panasonic daily asking if it is delevered and whether they can come for installation.. :mad:

Iam gonna go to the showroom and give them a piece of my mind!!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back