Panasonic plasma V20 series group buy

Saw this 42V20 today at croma chennai. They mentioned it as "limited stock" and the price is 50k with 3 yrs warranty and a panasonic rice cooker

Later I found out that the tv is a demo tv, used for 1350 hrs and switched on for 250 times through the service menu!

The sales initially argued that it might have been used for 40 hrs. After he saw the service menu for the firt time, he reduced 5k. Finally, I came to know that they gave away its original stand for a different TV due to an error!! Croma's business is awesome!! You are now made aware just in case you see this TV there.

BTW guys, is'nt no-one buying the 50V20 @ 64k? Awesome TV at awesome price.

Ok I am new here but where is it available at 64k??
I am getting a 51" Sammy locally for that much. Would gladly buy the legendary V20 if its available at that price.

I bought a Gt20 from Devi international in Bangalore today.

When the TV landed at home, the box was wet and torn. The delivery guy said it was raining and it got torn because it got wet. I found the remote lying inside the box in an uncovered state with a visible layer of dust on it. My alarm went off and I checked the panel more carefully. But the panel looked new .. no fingerprints .. plastic wrap was intact on all sides and looked new .. no dust on the back anywhere ... so my impression is new .. still i called the salesman Ramesh and told I would raise hell if I found any issues. He asked me to check the display out and then tell if there are any issues.

Now I am not convinced. I wanted to check the hours of usage but the apparent guide did not seem to work e.g. No volume button on the plasma itself (at least I did not see it :indifferent14: ).

I am in a fix as to how I can ascertain whether this is a display/abused unit or not. Any pointers would be helpful.

Although, I told the pani service guy to hold on with the wall mounting till I am sure I am okay with this piece .. interestingly, they said Devi is generally a trusted shop :eek:

Thanks all.

Saw this 42V20 today at croma chennai. They mentioned it as "limited stock" and the price is 50k with 3 yrs warranty and a panasonic rice cooker

Later I found out that the tv is a demo tv, used for 1350 hrs and switched on for 250 times through the service menu!

The sales initially argued that it might have been used for 40 hrs. After he saw the service menu for the firt time, he reduced 5k. Finally, I came to know that they gave away its original stand for a different TV due to an error!! Croma's business is awesome!! You are now made aware just in case you see this TV there.

Update: I finally found the way to number of hours. It said 55 minutes, roughly the time I had been using it. Either it is brand new or they reset it. I do not know of any other way to find it out now. Although we at home are leaning towards the opinion that it is a new piece.

How do I check for IR/burn-in if any? There is a way to display full white screen on tv, isn't it?

Thanks.

Last edited:

When the TV landed at home, the box was wet and torn. The delivery guy said it was raining and it got torn because it got wet. I found the remote lying inside the box in an uncovered state with a visible layer of dust on it. My alarm went off and I checked the panel more carefully. But the panel looked new .. no fingerprints .. plastic wrap was intact on all sides and looked new .. no dust on the back anywhere ... so my impression is new .. still i called the salesman Ramesh and told I would raise hell if I found any issues. He asked me to check the display out and then tell if there are any issues.

Now I am not convinced. I wanted to check the hours of usage but the apparent guide did not seem to work e.g. No volume button on the plasma itself (at least I did not see it :indifferent14: ).

I am in a fix as to how I can ascertain whether this is a display/abused unit or not. Any pointers would be helpful.

Although, I told the pani service guy to hold on with the wall mounting till I am sure I am okay with this piece .. interestingly, they said Devi is generally a trusted shop :eek:

Thanks all.

Once I visited a reputed Electronics shop in Bangalore, what I saw there was a person cleaning a Panasonic TV using some liquid spray. After cleaning the TV looked brand new, untouched, no fingerprints, no dust. He some how able to retain all the stickers etc.

When questioned he said that the companies doesn't provide display sets most of the times, so they have to open the box, and put it for display.

One thing which I noticed is, they normally keep all the display units off. Only when a customer requests, they switch it on. And doesn't let customers touch the TV.

This is my experience, and I don;t want to reveal the name of the shop.

Thanks all.

While you are at it, does the spec say neo pdp and infinite black? The devi guys seem to deny.

hey guys is there any non demo, box sealed 42v20 piece left in Mumbai or Hyderabad?? if yes at what price??
thanks

Last edited:

Ha Ha!!!! That TV was there when I visited the around a month back. I was quoted 54K and after some negotiation he came around 52K. He told he kept it for Demo the previous evening. I was very tempted but finally decided not to go for it...

Update: I finally found the way to number of hours. It said 55 minutes, roughly the time I had been using it. Either it is brand new or they reset it. I do not know of any other way to find it out now. Although we at home are leaning towards the opinion that it is a new piece.

How do I check for IR/burn-in if any? There is a way to display full white screen on tv, isn't it?

Thanks.

Switch off all lights in the nights and display a full black screen. Yu got to go inches from the TV and check out. You will find some or the other retention as it is the first day. If you see any images of channel logs etc, that you did not watch today, it is from the shop usage.

I picked up the phone this evening and spoke to the gent at GTC. He has confirmed a price of 75K for the 50VT20 and has also offered to ship the same. Actually he asked me to pay the to and fro rail fare for the VT and his office peon who will travel to Delhi hand over the Tv and collect payment from me + Rs. 2000/- as a service charge to take care of local transport, boarding lodging etc for the person. This does eliminate the chances of getting a demo unit :)

Now I am in a very interesting situation of my own making as the following choices are now available

1. Sony 40" HX 800 @ 55K + extra two years wty @ 3K total 58K

2. Sharp 40" LE830M @ 80K one year wty. This is sharp's top of the line model worldwide.

3. Panasonic 50VT20 @ 75K + transit charges to DEL say @5K total 80K

4. Panasonic 42V20 @ 55K new, sealed box available locally

Till a week back I was not able to find anything and today I have a problem of plenty.

On top of all this I spoke again to the Retail Channel Sales Manager for Panasonic North India. Per him there is a final lot of approximately 200 ST30s (all sizes put together) which has to be cleared before the VT30 series can be launched in India. He is hopeful that all the units should be sold within the festival season. So should one wait for a couple of months and then buy the VT30. By that time a VT40 would be on the horizon and the chances of one going cuckoo would also have increased exponentially :p

So guys let me have your views as to what should be the way ahead. Blasto care to take the lead here.

Last edited:
I picked up the phone this evening and spoke to the gent at GTC. He has confirmed a price of 75K for the 50VT20 and has also offered to ship the same. Actually he asked me to pay the to and fro rail fare for the VT and his office peon who will travel to Delhi hand over the Tv and collect payment from me + Rs. 2000/- as a service charge to take care of local transport, boarding lodging etc for the person. This does eliminate the chances of getting a demo unit :)

Now I am in a very interesting situation of my own making as the following choices are now available

2. Sharp 40" LE830M @ 80K one year wty. This is sharp's top of the line model worldwide.

Till a week back I was not able to find anything and today I have a problem of plenty.

On top of all this I spoke again to the Retail Channel Sales Manager for Panasonic North India. Per him there is a final lot of approximately 200 ST30s (all sizes put together) which has to be cleared before the VT30 series can be launched in India. He is hopeful that all the units should be sold within the festival season. So should one wait for a couple of months and then buy the VT30. By that time a VT40 would be on the horizon and the chances of one going cuckoo would also have increased exponentially :p

So guys let me have your views as to what should be the way ahead. Blasto care to take the lead here.

hey khoj
could you please tell me the name and the address of the shop which has the 42v20 box sealed piece?? i have some relatives in Delhi so they could check it out.
if you cant post the address here then please PM me!

thanks

hey khoj
could you please tell me the name and the address of the shop which has the 42v20 box sealed piece?? i have some relatives in Delhi so they could check it out.
if you cant post the address here then please PM me!

thanks

Hi andre19,
Just give me untill Wednesday. If I am not picking it up I will provide you the complete details & ask the dealer to hold the same for you/your relatives.

Hi andre19,
Just give me untill Wednesday. If I am not picking it up I will provide you the complete details & ask the dealer to hold the same for you/your relatives.
OK thanks! but the tv is only for me,relatives would do the bying and shipping!:eek:hyeah:

budget?
size?
plasma or ...?

In my opinion, if you can wait for 15-20 days more, you can get 50VT20 for less than 70k(locally), as only you said that they have to clear ST30 means they will have to clear 50VT20 first..In last month prices of 50VT20 has dropped about 15k and you can think further..and that can be best buy..features or pros of both v20 as well as st30 ...IMO

OK thanks! but the tv is only for me,relatives would do the bying and shipping!:eek:hyeah:

I understand that. There is only one piece available hence the above post.

budget?
size?
plasma or ...?

In my opinion, if you can wait for 15-20 days more, you can get 50VT20 for less than 70k(locally), as only you said that they have to clear ST30 means they will have to clear 50VT20 first..In last month prices of 50VT20 has dropped about 15k and you can think further..and that can be best buy..features or pros of both v20 as well as st30 ...IMO

Hi Naimesh,

VT20 is not available in the North, period. I did discuss the possibility of getting a VT20 from the South with the Panny Manager. Per him there should be less than 20 pieces left in each of the three major cities in the South and for the company it does not make sense to do any stock transfer at this time. Further per the Bangalore dealer that I spoke today, the low prices have been made available to a group of retailers in Bangalore who have joined hands to clear out the stock within this month. Per him in Bangalore outside of this group the 50VT20 is available @ 81K easily.

Budget : Enough to cover all 4 TVs under consideration
Size : Ideal would be 46" :p
Plasma or : Heart says Plasma; Mind says LED due to very bright room

if you are ready for cost of 80k for 50VT30, why not 50ST30 available at your city from panasonic(best price thread) for same price, no risk of shipping..
BTW you can get 50VT20 shipped with TNT with ~1.5k..no need to spend 5k...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back