Panasonic plasma V20 series group buy

Of course.. Stopped my cheque that was still in processing and swiped the card and got the 5% off.. Delevery 99% today..

Good. Bangalore most places stocks are out, Panasonic guy told me they can still continue to offer at the same price for 75k . But buyers need to wait for a week or 10 days for delivery.

Another round of phone calls during the lunch hour has revealed the following prices in Delhi

50VT20 yes a couple of pieces now available but @ Rs. 1.03L Seller is aware of prices in Bangy, HYD & MAD but says his shop owner would never sell at those prices. The S.E. has however offered to talk with the owner and see what best can be done. [Brand shop @ Saket Mall complex]

50V20 INR 78,000/- [ Brand shops @Yusuf Sarai, JanakPuri, PaschimVihar]

50ST30 also for INR 78,000/- S.E. on phone suggested that a better price could be availed @ shop indication was 72K [available every where. price from Saket, PaschimVihar]

42V20 INR 57,000/- new & INR 53,000/- on demo for 1 week [pm sent to our friend from Goa]

As you can see the above prices are from brand shops in different parts of the city. There are several independent retailers too but I have no intention of calling them.

As for my purchase I am taking myself off the market for a month or so. This is 'coz not one but two brand shop owners have confirmed that the VT30 is coming in with sizes starting from 42". One of them even ventured to give me an indicative starting price of 80K. The time line concurs with that indicated by the Panny's retail manager and the 80K price is also in-line with the 1.2L for the 50VT30 that was indicated by the brand shop owner in Kanpur when I spoke to him last week. With the 50VT20 still being quoted @ a lakh here, it is not a very hard decision to arrive at.
don't get mistaken..I talked with him yesterday and he was totally unaware of 50VT30!!!!!he said by diwali, Ut30 is planned to be launched and no idea about 50VT30(neither time nor price)..
so go for VT20 or ST30 if you don't want to wait for few months..

Another round of phone calls during the lunch hour has revealed the following prices in Delhi

50VT20 yes a couple of pieces now available but @ Rs. 1.03L Seller is aware of prices in Bangy, HYD & MAD but says his shop owner would never sell at those prices. The S.E. has however offered to talk with the owner and see what best can be done. [Brand shop @ Saket Mall complex]

50V20 INR 78,000/- [ Brand shops @Yusuf Sarai, JanakPuri, PaschimVihar]

50ST30 also for INR 78,000/- S.E. on phone suggested that a better price could be availed @ shop indication was 72K [available every where. price from Saket, PaschimVihar]

42V20 INR 57,000/- new & INR 53,000/- on demo for 1 week [pm sent to our friend from Goa]

As you can see the above prices are from brand shops in different parts of the city. There are several independent retailers too but I have no intention of calling them.

As for my purchase I am taking myself off the market for a month or so. This is 'coz not one but two brand shop owners have confirmed that the VT30 is coming in with sizes starting from 42". One of them even ventured to give me an indicative starting price of 80K. The time line concurs with that indicated by the Panny's retail manager and the 80K price is also in-line with the 1.2L for the 50VT30 that was indicated by the brand shop owner in Kanpur when I spoke to him last week. With the 50VT20 still being quoted @ a lakh here, it is not a very hard decision to arrive at.

@khoj
thanks for the PM. however we have decided not to go for a plasma tv due to many reasons.so will stick to a led tv instead!:mad:
anyway thanks for your help.
andre

don't get mistaken..I talked with him yesterday and he was totally unaware of 50VT30!!!!!he said by diwali, Ut30 is planned to be launched and no idea about 50VT30(neither time nor price)..

That's funny, last week while discussing various models he clearly offered the same and I even reconfirmed the 20 vs 30 bit. Anyhow I will call up Mr. R.S. Minhas, the retail channel manager for Panasonic around Diwali and get the latest from him at that time.

EDIT @andre

We are in the same boat. Even I have deferred the PDP purchase & will make do with the old Hitachi LCD panel for the time being.

Last edited:

UT30 is lower end model than ST30.
There is no way it can be costlier than ST30.
It is not worth 1.2L.

That's funny, last week while discussing various models he clearly offered the same and I even reconfirmed the 20 vs 30 bit. Anyhow I will call up Mr. R.S. Minhas, the retail channel manager for Panasonic around Diwali and get the latest from him at that time.

EDIT @andre

We are in the same boat. Even I have deferred the PDP purchase & will make do with the old Hitachi LCD panel for the time being.
can't understand your decision..can you explain?

can't understand your decision..can you explain?

The non availability of the VT panel locally plus the confusion in my mind between the VT20 and the V20 was a damper. This afternoon my tele conversations with different brand shops revealed that

1. 50VT20 is now available but at 1L + (again locally)

2. VT30 is a sure thing a month or maybe two down the line

The above coupled with the fact that I will be leaving immediately after Deepawali for an official tour and will be back home only in late January/February were reasons enough for me to defer my purchase of the pdp.

For some reason I am not very keen to have the plasmas couriered at my risk and further with the VT30 I will have a chance to go with the 42" which is actually the correct size for my room. There is enough space for a 50" unit too but then for a bedroom it just might be a little over the top. Maybe a 46" if it is launched ;)

Trust things are clear. Ciao

I can understand your confusion..
but in my opinion getting confused between 2 best models and decide not to buy any would be injustice..anyone you buy will be a great model..
2. don't know about your dealings, but I dealt with my kanpur seller in terms of risk on his side..I clearly said that i will not receive the piece if i found it damaged, dealer agreed happily and at time of delivery TNT ppl cooperated to check my package entirely for 30 minutes before i signed for receipt..and believe me, dealer sent me a package with such packing that one has to try hard to damage that piece intentionally..
3. I am sure VT30 will be launched in few months but you know the fact that VT20 is being sold at 1lac (still), what price can we expect from VT30(best model of this year)..I am sure you can afford than also but VT20 at 75k would be a steal compared to the initial price of VT30 which I am sure would be double..VT20 is best VFM at present..
4.according to some reviews, 2010 models have deeper blacks compared to this year models, so if you go for any of them, you can't go wrong..

whether or not to purchase plasma is entirely your decision, but after doing all this research, phone calls and inquiries,make sure that you don't regret later..

3. I am sure VT30 will be launched in few months but you know the fact that VT20 is being sold at 1lac (still), what price can we expect from VT30(best model of this year)..I am sure you can afford than also but VT20 at 75k would be a steal compared to the initial price of VT30 which I am sure would be double..VT20 is best VFM at present..

In short, You can buy VT20 now, the VT30 same time next year and still save some money instead of buying the VT30 at launch time!!! :D :eek:hyeah:

At the end, you will be left with 2 TVs for a lesser price.. ;)

Something similar just happened with me.. Have 2 plasmas for much less than the initial price of VT20.. :eek:hyeah:

In short, You can buy VT20 now, the VT30 same time next year and still save some money instead of buying the VT30 at launch time!!! :D :eek:hyeah:

At the end, you will be left with 2 TVs for a lesser price.. ;)

Something similar just happened with me.. Have 2 plasmas for much less than the initial price of VT20.. :eek:hyeah:

Hi all finally will be getting my 50VT20D, tomorrow. Spent whole one day to get the stock and price.. finally got it and helped one of our forum also 2 buy. since no stocks were in Bangalore, croma have stock(16p) initially agreed for 80k for 2 glass, latter said that they will give only one glass since they have already cut down d price and its been on high demand as off now, so got pissed off and went 2 another dealer with help of my good friend and got it...i explained about Hyderabad deal 2 croma they said that prices will differ from one state 2 another.. i personally feel the panny show room and other big showroom are aware of the prices and the demand so nobody now wants 2 give for less??? and i saw devi were selling demo piece for around 78k with only one glass...and even GTC person doesn't have anymore stocks so i was helpless thanks one and all on this threat who made me to buy this stuff...:licklips:

Thanks kittu, sorry no point because no stocks with them also, only 2 were there thats what we took, but some body interested please try at croma thats d only place available best off luck...but croma people in bangalore are very very smart pls do bargain hard and pls don't mention other dealer place r name bec they immediately cross check with them, now they r well aware of prices in Bangalore they are ready 2 give may be around 75-78k with only one glass.. other one u need 2 pay 9.5k more..so roughly 85-87k u may get it...

Hmm so with 2 glasses 85K seems to be good buy even in Pune. Nowhere near the delhi offer of 74k with added tata sky connection!

Seems like i missed the boat on this TV, was in a most peculiar situation as if bought this a month back, would have had to keep it in a box or put it in my current house with 6 feet distance till move into the new house. Delayed it and now cannot get it at all in Bangalore. Asked Croma guys if they can ship it here from mumbai , they refuse to do it :(
Considering the Sammy 550 purely as no choice but have heard that the Samsung panels heat up a lot and still Panasonic leads the way. ST 30 is 90K, a tad higher than what i can afford. Need suggestions- hold on till maybe march/april where discounts may get the ST30 down to sub 80 or go with the Samsung 550! Wonder why did the bangalore stock get eaten up sooner than the rest :(

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back