Philips 2020 Tvs for India.

BLASTO

I just checked the philips india website and looks like they have big plans for the festive season.

The 7 and 8 series with P5 picture engine is in cards from above link. That is good news.
Philips were neck to neck with sony on motion processing and 3rd gen P5 engine apparently substantially increased the overall motion, contrast and colour processing.

They have 6 series currently in sale in the 35-45k range for 50" and 58" which if the claims are true (true 10 bit MVA panels (no 8+FRC), direct LED backlighting with micro dimming with 6400 zones) are real value for money even with passable nits. 7/8 series adds P5 engine and ambi-lighting to the list apparently.

Last year models did not have dolby vision and hence not much useful with lower nits, this year dolby vision support will make it usable.

P.S: I cant confirm the claims and assuming true. Nowadays true 10 bit panels are themselves very rare since 8+FRC can handle WCG pretty well.

I just checked the philips india website and looks like they have big plans for the festive season.

The 7 and 8 series with P5 picture engine is in cards from above link. That is good news.
Philips were neck to neck with sony on motion processing and 3rd gen P5 engine apparently substantially increased the overall motion, contrast and colour processing.

They have 6 series currently in sale in the 35-45k range for 50" and 58" which if the claims are true (true 10 bit MVA panels (no 8+FRC), direct LED backlighting with micro dimming with 6400 zones) are real value for money even with passable nits. 7/8 series adds P5 engine and ambi-lighting to the list apparently.

Last year models did not have dolby vision and hence not much useful with lower nits, this year dolby vision support will make it usable.

P.S: I cant confirm the claims and assuming true. Nowadays true 10 bit panels are themselves very rare since 8+FRC can handle WCG pretty well.

Micro dimming is not local dimming. It's just modifying the contrast of the image itself and not doing anything to actually improve upon the contrast ratio of the panel. If you want accurate pictures to be displayed, micro dimming should be set to off.

Some videos from european youtube channel against Hisense, TCL and Samsung..
As expected motion clarity is great and clearly visible against other TVs. Especially the panning shots.

This against comparable sony.. Seem to fall flat against effective sony filter but neck to neck on motion handling.

Last edited:
Micro dimming is not local dimming. It's just modifying the contrast of the image itself and not doing anything to actually improve upon the contrast ratio of the panel. If you want accurate pictures to be displayed, micro dimming should be set to off.
Ya, thats right. Wont be as efficient as a FALD but could provide some level of useful contrast.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back