Plasma owners: Are you facing the dreaded IR/Burn-In issue?

Is your plasma TV facing the IR/Burn-in issue?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would've flown to Pune, but saw no Jack Daniels on the list :cool:

I agree.. I prefer a legend or Proper Jack or even a Cognac :D but your list is good too..!! darn no vacations and work that lets me travel ur way though!!!

the burn in that I ve experienced is purely a short living one Provided I did not abuse the screen with prolonged usage in such manner..!! I would like to know the limitations to this though!!!:rolleyes:

I agree.. I prefer a legend or Proper Jack or even a Cognac :D but your list is good too..!! darn no vacations and work that lets me travel ur way though!!!

the burn in that I ve experienced is purely a short living one Provided I did not abuse the screen with prolonged usage in such manner..!! I would like to know the limitations to this though!!!:rolleyes:

I doubt whether any set limitations can be postulated. Me too would like to know something like "do this for this much time only", etc.

BTW, I do have a Napoleon and a Remy Martin (both VSOP). Excellent after dinner.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

drunk.gif
... redo the poll with multiple options

drunk.gif
Experienced Burn In
drunk.gif
Can Clearly See IR
drunk.gif
Can Regularly See Faint IR
drunk.gif
Can Occasionally See Faint IR
drunk.gif
Can see something that looks like IR but I'm not sure
drunk.gif
Cannot see any IR

Been using a plasma for 4 years now. Can clearly see faint IR whenever the screen goes black (i.e. 'no signal' stage) after having shown a static image for 10 secs or so.

I'll gladly take that in my stride because (i) its strictly temporary and (ii) what I see on the screen when the signal feed is 'on', more than makes up for the faint IR. Period.

drunk.gif
... redo the poll with multiple options

drunk.gif
Experienced Burn In
drunk.gif
Can Clearly See IR
drunk.gif
Can Regularly See Faint IR
drunk.gif
Can Occasionally See Faint IR
drunk.gif
Can see something that looks like IR but I'm not sure
drunk.gif
Cannot see any IR
Can we add one more...
drunk.gif
Can see something that looked like a TV few drinks back ;)

@Just4kix psst hush hush, tell me which to vote for, we can settle the choice of holy water when I come to Pune.:lol:

Jokes apart, I bought Pana X30 more than six months ago; the initially supplied demo panel was changed to a brand new one after my persistence. After going through several threads on this forum, I had tutored my wifey and kids on the do's and dont's on handling the TV, which they diligently followed but alas, I discovered that it was a demo piece.

When my brand new replacement panel came, they couldn't care less and threw caution to wind but to my utter dismay (or should I say delight) there were/are absolutely no IR issues so far.

Been using a plasma for 4 years now. Can clearly see faint IR whenever the screen goes black (i.e. 'no signal' stage) after having shown a static image for 10 secs or so.

I'll gladly take that in my stride because (i) its strictly temporary and (ii) what I see on the screen when the signal feed is 'on', more than makes up for the faint IR. Period.

Agree, I see similar effect when the TV is displaying still images, like when browsing YouTube on the TV interface. But it is very very temporary.

Thanks to the numerous ad breaks in every program a lot of channel surfing is forced upon all family members, no o channel logo burn in issues as well. At least there is one advantage of the unbearable number of ad breaks :D.

This thread is one of the best examples of poor moderation on this forum. After being blasted for raising a topic on better moderation practices, nothing has changed. Wine is more important I suppose. So be it.

I am a new owner of a plasma tv. A Samsung E550. There is a screen burn issue. I have not noticed it with channel logos but have seen the problem when I use the youtube application on my tv. It is not a serious issue. I watch a lot of metal music on tv and many of them are sponsored by VEVO so their logo hangs around at the bottom right corner of the screen. A haze of the logo can be seen and it disappears in a couple of minutes after you are done viewing.

I second the opinion of sandeepmohan.There are a few occasions of faint burn-in/IR.But nothing to worry about.At least not till now.Goes away in a few seconds or minutes.Anyway I always run the slidebar after watching a football match or a film.
But then my E550 is only a month and a few odd days old.
On a note aside ,I wonder how people who are so concerned about burn-in in their plasmas dont think twice before burning their livers!

Last edited:
Burn in is permanent, IR is the temporary one. So if it goes away its IR and not burn in. I believe burn in should not occur in today's plasma TVs unless severely abused during the first 200 hours or so. IR might occur during normal TV watching because the TV channel logos and DTH logos are not transparent.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back