PS50C550 now on Samsung's official website

Bublu Bhuyan

Just found out this morning. Too bad it doesn't have the 'Real Black Filter' and 'Cinema Smooth' feature which is available on the higher end models.

Last edited:
Does LG PK550 being sold in India have something similar? This Samsung one doesn't even have 'Motion Judder Canceller'.

Last edited:
Does LG PK550 being sold in India have something similar? This Samsung one doesn't even have 'Motion Judder Canceller'.

I'll be going for the LG one. It has got good reviews till date. This Samsung model has been said to be not up to the standards of it's predecessor (B550 series).

Bublu,

The LG surely seems to be a nice one, with our member Scarlet also being very happy with his PK550. However like it was mentioned before, it is better that the Samsung C550 and LG PK550 are judged on their own merit instead of judging based on last year's plasma reviews.

From what I have seen and enquired so far, the Samsung 50C550 plasma may be priced higher than the LG 50PK550, but it remains to be seen whether the Samsung has better picture quality, how much better it is and lastly whether the higher price for the Samsung is worth the difference in picture quality.

Shall check out the Samsung site in the evening after I get home to see the specs and features of the 50C550 to compare with the PK550.

---Venkat

Shall check out the Samsung site in the evening after I get home to see the specs and features of the 50C550 to compare with the PK550.---Venkat

I don't think PK550 is there yet on LG's Indian website. At least, I am not able to find it. I also wanted to do a comparison.

Settle for the LG PK550 Plasma series. That's the best deal this year on Plasmas for 50 inches.

Hold on a minute.
Don't take any decisions based on whats written on paper.

Last year LG plasmas IMO are the most reflective. The full glass thingie adds to it. With or without anti glare, LG has the most glare (Eg C10 has no anti glare filter but it was less reflective than PQ60).

Go to the store and do a demo. That is the best thing.
LG often looks good on paper and are known to over state the capabilities. Not sure of this particular case.

In any case non availability of samsung/panasonic plasma for side by side demo is no reason to select LG. Do a demo and decide. Side by side if possible. That is the best way to select the TV.

Last edited:
Found some reviews on C550. Hope it helps (these are translation from Portogese to English)

This one is a detailed review and comparision of B550 VS C550.
Google Translate

This link talks of hidden menu changes which allows to enable Cinema smooth.
Google Translate

Frankly i beleive the samsung set is better that LG plasma any given day, i do see a lot of discussions happening here on features like motion judder, cinema smooth, real black.

Do these things really matter or are just there to create a hype.
Frankly i would recommend to audition the set take your files with you on a disk or usb, play and test both the sets out and buy whichever suits your the eye best.

As every person has his or her own likes and dislikes, just talking on the forum on features should not be the only factor influencing buying decisions.

So go out there demo all the sets out and then buy which suits your eye and you find the best.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back