Pure Acoustics Speakers

SENTHIL KUMAR

Hi Friends

Has anyone heared/experienced of this Pure acoustics speakers Model AV Series.I am planning to buy this speakers along with Onkyo's newly launched TX SR 606.Pls advice on the speakers.The whole package is quoted to me as 68K.Is it worth?:confused:

Hi Friends

Has anyone heared/experienced of this Pure acoustics speakers Model AV Series.I am planning to buy this speakers along with Onkyo's newly launched TX SR 606.Pls advice on the speakers.The whole package is quoted to me as 68K.Is it worth?:confused:

Since i am a new member, request experienced friends to give ur suggestions pls.:eek:

For that money you can get better. Just look around.

If you insist on an Onkyo for whatsoever reason, there is a THX certified package which sounds good. It would cost you a little more but you get a better integrating product.

An alternate would be to look at Harman Kardon + JBL. For movies, they are a lot more refined and powerful, IMO.

Hi senthil

I have heard this speaker in a dealer place , nothing special about this package , instead you can try harman kardon with jbl . Yamaha or marantz with mission , all these fall under the same price range.

regards

Hi,

First of all from where did you get the pricing ? coz its in noway that expensive !

Secondly I've heard it with different onkyo amps recently they are not too bad not too good either just about ok if you are in budget mode ! they are coming out with new pure acoustics models ( heard their reference sample's, they are much better compare to the current AV 799) so if can wait then please do so or else as other's have said look at different options !

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi Friends

Is the TX-SR606 already available? Where are you getting it from?

- Prasad.

TX SR 606 - is getting launched this week- said at ONKYO Showroom at Chennai.Pls check at your place and let me know the exact price, bcos here at Chennai, everyone says their own pricing with hefty margins, and even the company showroom dont disclose actual price.

Hi senthil

I have heard this speaker in a dealer place , nothing special about this package , instead you can try harman kardon with jbl . Yamaha or marantz with mission , all these fall under the same price range.

regards

Thnks for ur valuble suggestions., soundofmusic

Hi,

First of all from where did you get the pricing ? coz its in noway that expensive !

Secondly I've heard it with different onkyo amps recently they are not too bad not too good either just about ok if you are in budget mode ! they are coming out with new pure acoustics models ( heard their reference sample's, they are much better compare to the current AV 799) so if can wait then please do so or else as other's have said look at different options !

Regards.

Thnks Buddy, 4 ur good suggestion

Hi Senthil,

You are welcome, hope you got a fair idea of the system, sound etc and Most importantly the price !

If you need any help please don't hesitate !

Regards.

I will answer my own question.
The expected price for Onkyo TX-SR606 is 36,000/- and it will be available in Mumbai from Monday according to the Onkyo guys in Mumbai.

I will answer my own question.
The expected price for Onkyo TX-SR606 is 36,000/- and it will be available in Mumbai from Monday according to the Onkyo guys in Mumbai.

Sorry sviyer , for delayed reply. i bought 605 with pure acoustics U.S made speakers for 60 k package,and performance is rocking.:p

Hi. Just 2 days back I had a chance to listen to the AV799. I just happened to go through a review in one of the top AV magazines and was very much interested in purchasing the same. There was a package offer that was well below $1000.00 along with an Onkyo AV Receiver. However, the speakers proved to be disappointing. The only thing that came out of the speakers connected in 2 channel mode was the annoying high frequency. It sounds a bit better with the sub along with the 2 channels; however, the highs were too prominent to divert your attention from the whole experience. I would suggest 2 sub woofers for the configuration to give you a better feel of it. If you are looking for Pure Sound, then this is not the speakers for you. However, it fills your room with a good piece of furniture, at a very low price with a very very normal sound that would definitely get you a headache after 30 minutes of listening to it.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back