Roku streaming in india

Strange if the gadget was bought from US it should have had the US channels. Try updating the firmware, making sure the unit is connected with UNblock or smartDNS DNS entries .....

Thanks sam, coming to your questions...
1. I use a TP-Link router rooted with DD-WRT firmware and I use the local broadband cable modem with the login/password mechanism. The reason I need to ask for reset of the MAC with the provider is that if I make any changes on the security or any other settings (I am not specific as I will check it later on my router and report back) the internet access is disabled and then I need to call up them to reset and it again works fine.
2. I think I need to read more on DNS service as I can utilize the same as per your recommendations above to make the changes on my router to stream Spotify on my devices.
3. What I wanted to achieve is that rather than making any modifications on my main wifi router can I connect a wifi repeater (or something similar router) and then make the necessary DNS settings on the repeater and connect only those devices/services like Spotify/Netflix which require the location specific access. This way I can utilize my main router for regular usage and the different router for specific applications. I hope I made it clear now.
4. Coming to the device I have a "Rocki" play device for wifi audio streaming from mobile/tab etc., and not Roku which is also similar kind of streaming device but for video/audio. The Rocki is only for audio streaming and I think they have a Rocki+ with a HDMI interface for video streaming as well.

Edit: I just read it online that if I use the DNS service settings like say US then all my internet traffic will be routed through this DNS rather than my local ISP providers. Correct me if I am wrong. If this is the case then I wanted to avoid as I cannot utilize the full bandwidth of my entitled plan of 25mbps (at least half of that at regular intervals).

If u dont mind Very curious to know service provider name whose giving 25mbps speed and how much charge for month.

If u dont mind Very curious to know service provider name whose giving 25mbps speed and how much charge for month.

I have local BBNL provider in Bangalore available in select areas which is giving 25mbps unlimited for 1.2k :eek:hyeah:

I got a Roku 3 from iBhejo US import today. The adapter says its for 120. India has 240. Are you guys using an adapter? I just don't want to fry my shiny new device :)

you can buy a voltage converter should not cost more than Rs 250, if it works on 110 volts.

Stay away from Entropay ....... seriously crappy service. ICICI bank has black listed the company .... if you want to try try USUnlocked. Much better but their charges are high and min upload is 50 USD ......

Yes Dushie, That's what did. Too cautious one might say, but coudn't take a risk and couldn't wait either.

There is no risk I purchased my Pana BD60 Bluray player from US that was 120v been using it with a quality converter for last 3 years I guess without any issue.

I got a Roku 3 from iBhejo US import today. The adapter says its for 120. India has 240. Are you guys using an adapter? I just don't want to fry my shiny new device :)
How much did it cost you and how was the experience with IBhejo.Ho wlong did it take? I am planning to order one as well.

I have been using unblock us on my router and watching netflix on my ps3 for the last six months without a problem. Recently a friend brought roku 3 from the US and i am having problems in getting us channels in that. No netflix, hulu or amazon prime. it has been connected through the same router and i have a valid us address on my roku account too. it is showing a lot of channels but not the above mentioned ones. Please help.

pm123 were you able to solve the issue. Were you able to get Netflix on roku 3 ????

pm123 were you able to solve the issue. Were you able to get Netflix on roku 3 ????

Yes the problem was solved and i got all the channels. I had to reset the roku to default factory settings then create a new account with a new email id and a different US address and a different credit card and then all the channels could be seen. Had to go through a lot of forums to get the solution.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back