Sample Video & Sources to test 4K UHD HDR Formats: HDR10, HDR10+, HLG, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not find this on the Android TV Play Store - Can you please confirm / link? "Dolby" doesnt give me any app.
Was it there before and is gone now? Can you share the APK?

I like such sites - will go through these to hopefully find all relevant files

So I have been able to observe DV show up on the Content (& Screen) when played it is with its Options by giving DV pic settings.
But I am not sure if there is ATMOS in there or is it assumed / will be part of any DV content?

@dsrsid - Yours was the the detailed response. I really appreciate it and hope that you can fill me in on the above.
Well Dolby app. I think it is only for selected LG TVs (Web OS)
Can I know What is your TV ?
TV or either Sound system should support Dolby Atmos for experiencing it

Do you guys understand what ATMOS is ? Its a mechanism of encoding sound - just like HDR, DV, etc is mechanism for video.
Its like the compare between HDR10, 10+ and DV. If source video or decoding device doesnt have one its not being "used".

If its not ATMOS encoded or ATMOS feature of my TV cannot pull or recreate any ATMOS out of the incoming Data its pointless.

We can go find a lot of Climax Fight/ or fancy music scenes - in General.
I am looking for ones that are ATMOS. Are you just saying or know for sure it has ATMOS sound?

Dolby Atmos is Object based sound, It is like enhancement layer of 7.1 (Dolby True HD) or 5.1( Dolby Digital Plus )
Stream Version provide Dolby Atmos in DD+
UHD Disc provide Dolby Atmos in Dolby True HD

Well Dolby app. I think it is only for selected LG TVs (Web OS)
Can I know What is your TV ?
TV or either Sound system should support Dolby Atmos for experiencing it
Oh crap!
Android 9 Pie based TVs (testing a few).
Some Bought & others on buying list.
Yes they have DV & DA hence looking for content in the Original post to test all these out.
Dolby Atmos is Object based sound, It is like enhancement layer of 7.1 (Dolby True HD) or 5.1( Dolby Digital Plus )
Totally understandable - But if its not ENCODED into Content or DECODED by Supporting Device - How are all above "sound" suggestions made by folks of any use for testing this?
Its like I am asking for 7.1 encoded clips to TEST and they are linking me to an ACTION scene with good sound but not 7.1
PS: I have a computing, tech & electronics background ...
Stream Version provide Dolby Atmos in DD+
DD+ ??? is what? Disney+ or DoorDarshan+ ? - Any specific movies or TV series on a specific stream app/ platform?
UHD Disc provide Dolby Atmos in Dolby True HD
Are you saying no streaming content is provide ATMOS audio? only DV Video?

If so, then without a DISC & Player, I can only try to test with the FILES / LINKS from the sites recommended above.

Oh crap!
Android 9 Pie based TVs (testing a few).
Some Bought & others on buying list.
Yes they have DV & DA hence looking for content in the Original post to test all these out.

Totally understandable - But if its not ENCODED into Content or DECODED by Supporting Device - How are all above "sound" suggestions made by folks of any use for testing this?
Its like I am asking for 7.1 encoded clips to TEST and they are linking me to an ACTION scene with good sound but not 7.1
PS: I have a computing, tech & electronics background ...

DD+ ??? is what? Disney+ or DoorDarshan+ ? - Any specific movies or TV series on a specific stream app/ platform?

Are you saying no streaming content is provide ATMOS audio? only DV Video?

If so, then without a DISC & Player, I can only try to test with the FILES / LINKS from the sites recommended above.
Dolby Atmos has two versions one in 5.1 and another in 7.1

Dolby Atmos 5.1 = Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) and Object Layer
Dolby Atmos 7.1 =Dolby True HD and Object Layer

I mean Streaming provider like Netflix provide Dolby Atmos in Dolby Digital+ format
Dont confuse my friend, take some time, understand and feel free to ask

you can find all Dolby and dts formats from below links

Just load them in usb drive and give a try

I mean Streaming provider like Netflix provide Dolby Atmos in Dolby Digital+ format
Dont confuse my friend, take some time, understand and feel free to ask

you can find all Dolby and dts formats from below links

Just load them in usb drive and give a try
Not confused, just there was a lot of WRONG & MISDIRECTED information pushed by some people on this thread.

Finally some good information. Thank you :D

I will download the videos etc for testing. when I get to the PC. (Laptop for now)

In the meantime, how do I identify with Netflix content has Atmos? Would it be labeled DD+? (Because I can see the labeling of DV).

Any specific Movies/ TV Series on Netflix that you can point to so I am not searching away.

Please don't mind me saying this; this is not correct! While it's generally like that, there's nothing stopping anyone from having 5.1 channel audio in True HD or 7.1 channel with DD+. Then you can have atmos on top of it. True HD and DD+ are simply codecs with both supporting up to 7.1 channel audio streams with optional Atmos metadata.

True HD and DD+ have a difference as True HD is uncompressed audio while DD+ is compressed (though still very high fidelity). From a hardware interface PoV, DD+ can be passed via HDMI ARC while TrueHD will require eARC as it requires higher bandwidth.
Not confused, just there was a lot of WRONG & MISDIRECTED information pushed by some people on this thread.

Finally some good information. Thank you :D
His post was a bit misleading. See above^
I will download the videos etc for testing. when I get to the PC. (Laptop for now)

In the meantime, how do I identify with Netflix content has Atmos? Would it be labeled DD+? (Because I can see the labeling of DV).
It will be labeled Atmos. If you are on PC, it will look like this:
resized_4k.png
If you have an HDR screen, it will look like this:

resized_hdr.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is wrong! While it's generally like that, there's nothing stopping anyone from having 5.1 channel audio in True HD or 7.1 channel with DD+.
Then you can have atmos on top of it. True HD and DD+ are simply codecs with both supporting up to 7.1 channel audio streams with optional Atmos metadata.

True HD and DD+ have a difference as True HD is uncompressed audio while DD+ is compressed (though still very high fidelity). From a hardware interface PoV, DD+ can be passed via HDMI ARC while TrueHD will require eARC as it requires higher bandwidth.
There are always finer details between these encoding mechanisms & decoding etc. I should know :D lots encode decode back when I used to work with "code" - encoding schemes, CRC, Hashes, encryption/ decryption etc.
I appreciate your pointing out - But that was still much better than the PATAL LOK I was forced to explore.

This is what i got both on DV + DA TV via Android TV 9 + Netflix App:
Photo 21-01-21, 10 23 59 PM Small.jpg
And FStick 4K Netflix App: Same.

Is this legit expectation? Or something is off?

@ALL - Can others (with DV & ATMOS on their TVs) also share pics of how their NetFlix shows for OUR PLANET.

I am wondering if when it shows DV it auto assumes and hides ATMOS? Why? In some it shows HDR, in ours not.

There are always finer details between these encoding mechanisms & decoding etc. I should know :D lots encode decode back when I used to work with "code" - encoding schemes, CRC, Hashes, encryption/ decryption etc.

I appreciate your pointing out - But that was still much better than the PATAL LOK I was forced to explore.

This is what i got both on DV + DA TV via Android TV 9 + Netflix App:
View attachment 54107
And FStick 4K Netflix App: Same.

Is this legit expectation? Or something is off?
Your TV needs to support Atmos. As for firestick, currently the app doesn't work with Atmos right.

This is wrong! While it's generally like that, there's nothing stopping anyone from having 5.1 channel audio in True HD or 7.1 channel with DD+. Then you can have atmos on top of it. True HD and DD+ are simply codecs with both supporting up to 7.1 channel audio streams with optional Atmos metadata.

It will be labeled Atmos. If you are on PC, it will look like this:

If you have an HDR screen, it will look like this:
Sorry Bro, to make things easier I had to dilute the information for contextual what he asked. We can also make Atmos for home theaters which can support 24.1.10 channels, it also can do up to 118 dynamical simultaneous objects with 10 bed channels, there is also Atmos Mat in another end .
but I still feel there is nothing wrong what I have discussed. Maybe It is how we understand and how I conveyed (Sorry for that ).

For Atmos Content
Usually what we get from Streaming servies in general it is DD+ in 5.1 with it is designed Atmos
can you show me any movie in the streaming servies which does DD+ Atmos in 7.1 (Looking forward to test it :D) ?
or Any True HD with 5.1 in the UHD discs ?

while TrueHD will require eARC as it requires higher bandwidth.
LG CX have eARC but does it pass Tru HD? - Nope. we also need capable hardware to do it
Name any TV with eARC pass True HD ? It will be helpful for me and @crashnburn

Yes DD+ can support upto 7.1. But there is significant^ difference between Tru HD 7.1 and DD+ 7.1 (^We must have good sound system)

Why does UHD Disc still use True HD for atmos track ?
Because it is better.

So it is like Tru HD >> DD+>>>>DD
ATMOS Embeded Track are also different for Tru HD and for DD+, So We cant just extract Atmos from True HD and place it in lower DD+ like the exact same copy.
Can we do it easily with free software even with loss of quailty ?
Let me know, I have lot of content in True HD Atmos :D

Sorry Bro, to make things easier I had to dilute the information for contextual what he asked. We can also make Atmos for home theaters which can support 24.1.10 channels, it also can do up to 118 dynamical simultaneous objects with 10 bed channels, there is also Atmos Mat in another end .
but I still feel there is nothing wrong what I have discussed. Maybe It is how we understand and how I conveyed (Sorry for that ).
You didn't dilute the information. What you have presented is kind of misleading.

Atmos only works over DD+ or True HD and both are limited to 7.1 channel audio. The only way to go higher would be to use OPUS or AAC which don't support Atmos.
For Atmos Content
Usually what we get from Streaming servies in general it is DD+ in 5.1 with it is designed Atmos
That's because DD+ is made for mostly compatibility and storage sensitive systems and hence is encoded with 5.1. It absolutely doesn't mean that DD+ has to be 5.1 channel.
can you show me any movie in the streaming servies which does DD+ Atmos in 7.1 (Looking forward to test it :D) ?
or Any True HD with 5.1 in the UHD discs ?
I have a rip of Dragon Ball super with 5.1 channel TrueHD. Also, I have a bunch of BR-rips with True HD stereo. True HD just means lossless. The reason it's generally used with 7.1 channels is that it's a higher-end codec.
LG CX have eARC but does it pass Tru HD? - Nope. we also need capable hardware to do it
Name any TV with eARC pass True HD ? It will be helpful for me and @crashnburn
That's because of HDMI 2.1 issues currently. It's a firmware limitation. eARC supports True HD as written on Dolby's site itself.

Here is the proof:

Technology Dolby Audio Dolby TrueHD | Dolby Developer
Yes DD+ can support upto 7.1. But there is significant^ difference between Tru HD 7.1 and DD+ 7.1 (^We must have good sound system)

Why does UHD Disc still use True HD for atmos track ?
Because it is better.
No one is debating that.
So it is like Tru HD >> DD+>>>>DD
ATMOS Embeded Track are also different for Tru HD and for DD+, So We cant just extract Atmos from True HD and place it in lower DD+ like the exact same copy.
Can we do it easily with free software even with loss of quailty ?
Let me know, I have lot of content in True HD Atmos :D
I'm sorry to say that it doesn't make sense to me. You can absolutely take Atmos from True HD and transcode it to DD+. It requires Dolby's proprietary software which costs hundreds of dollars and working with them to do it.

As with every other tech, it will be available for free in a couple years. Even for vision it wasn't possible a few months ago and now makeMKV supports encoding Dolby Vision.

I'll have to do some major READ to REFRESH myself before I can dive into these details.

For purpose of this thread I need reference content to test DV & DA on some TVs that say / have them,

PS:: @lightgamer - Did you see the diffs we have for same source content. ?

I'll have to do some major READ to REFRESH myself before I can dive into these details.

For purpose of this thread I need reference content to test DV & DA on some TVs that say / have them,

PS:: @lightgamer - Did you see the diffs we have for same source content. ?
Honestly, I don't have the equipment to test Atmos. As for Vision, it only matters if your TV has significantly lower brightness than the master. Else it'll look the same as HDR10. That has been my experience too. Most content is mastered between 500-1000 nits and since my TV does 700, there's not much benefit of Vision for me.

As for why you're not seeing Dolby Atmos for Our Planet, that's mostly because you're viewing it on a TV. The TV app will only show Netflix when your TV and our source supports Atmos and the app is not borked. Try seeing it on the PC and you'll see Atmos listed on there.

It says so on the Box & company site/ manuals.

PS: Hence I'll take all inputs of reference content and test out TVs and their claims.
Firestick 4k definitely supports Dolby Atmos. It's just that the current Netflix app update doesn't. I can play Atmos content on Plex just fine on firestick.

I have firestick 4k currently and would love to have Atmos on Netflix.

Honestly, I don't have the equipment to test Atmos. As for Vision, it only matters if your TV has significantly lower brightness than the master. Else it'll look the same as HDR10. That has been my experience too. Most content is mastered between 500-1000 nits and since my TV does 700, there's not much benefit of Vision for me.

Firestick 4k definitely supports Dolby Atmos. It's just that the current Netflix app update doesn't. I can play Atmos content on Plex just fine on firestick.

I have firestick 4k currently and would love to have Atmos on Netflix.

Entire eco system is messed up and shrouded with disconnects - PS: TCL Thread ( my last post)

You cannot. Atmos only works over DD+ or True HD and both are limited to 7.1 channel audio. The only way to go higher would be to use OPUS or AAC which don't support Atmos.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Atmos. Please refer Consumer implementations[edit]
That's because DD+ is made for mostly compatibility and storage sensitive systems and hence is encoded with 5.1. It absolutely doesn't mean that DD+ has to be 5.1 channel.
I clearly mentioned in above reply that DD+ 7.1 is also possible.
I have a rip of Dragon Ball super with 5.1 channel TrueHD. Also, I have a bunch of BR-rips with True HD stereo. True HD just means lossless. The reason it's generally used with 7.1 channels is that it's a higher-end codec.
I clearly asked is there any streaming services which does DD+ in 7.1 ?
What I mean source= UHD Disc or from Stream for typical customer Please dont bring RIPs which are adultered to reduce size.
That's also nonsense. You can absolutely take Atmos from True HD and transcode it to DD+. It requires Dolby's proprietary software which costs hundreds of dollars and working with them to do it.
I think it cost around 3000$ dollars. I asked is there any free which does that ?

That's because of HDMI 2.1 issues currently. It's a firmware limitation. eARC supports True HD as written on Dolby's site itself.
Here is the proof:
Technology Dolby Audio Dolby TrueHD | Dolby Developer
No one is debating that. You're going off topic.
I own LG CX
If you read clearly I mentioned "also" so What I mean every EARC mentioned TV can't pass True HD, we also need capable SOC
The Alpha9 SoC has only an ARC capable audio output, so it cannot send lossless audio, firmware updates cannot modify hardware limitations

As with every other tech, it will be available for free in a couple years. Even for vision it wasn't possible a few months ago and now makeMKV supports encoding Dolby Vision.
I am one of the Member in makeMKV, well some hardware limitations can not fix by software. We can make EL-FEL to EL-MEL conversion at what cost we just make DV 5.1 OR DV 8.1 with single layer (Thats what we get from streaming DV ). There are still figuring out how to Run Dual Layer- Dual Track in LG CX even will new firmware update. Even with Nivida shield 2019 colours are not accurate like in Player.

Sorry my dear friend, I feel bad how you understood what I said . I respect you as a member. I am not proving any point and not interested to hurt other feelings. I am not interested to further dicuss. Lets stop here Peace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Atmos. Please refer Consumer implementations[edit]

I clearly mentioned in above reply that DD+ 7.1 is also possible.
On one hand you're asking for free software which can encode this, and on the other hand you're talking about closed proprietary implementations which can't even be played on consumer gear.
I clearly asked is there any streaming services which does DD+ in 7.1 ?
What I mean source= UHD Disc or from Stream for typical customer Please dont bring RIPs which are adultered to reduce size.
Why would streaming services matter in any way. There's little point of doing DD+ in 7.1 as I mentioned above anyway.
I think it cost around 3000$ dollars. I asked is there any free which does that ?
What does being free have to do with it?
I own LG CX
If you read clearly I mentioned "also" so What I mean every EARC mentioned TV can't pass True HD, we also need capable SOC
Obviously, you do. eARC is the minimum spec required. If you're talking about completeness your speaker system and receiver also needs to support it.
I am one of the Member in makeMKV, well some hardware limitations can not fix by software. We can make EL-FEL to EL-MEL conversion at what cost we just make DV 5.1 OR DV 8.1 with single layer (Thats what we get from streaming DV ). There are still figuring out how to Run Dual Layer- Dual Track in LG CX even will new firmware update. Even with Nivida shield 2019 colours are not accurate like in Player.
I feel you're talking out of context. On one hand you're talking about proprietary implementations on a commercial scale and on the other hand you're talking about free software and playing back on specific TVs. Not able to get your point.
Sorry my dear friend, I feel bad How you understand things which I said . I respect you as a member but I am not proving any point and not interested to hurt other feelings. I am not interested to further dicuss. Lets stop here Peace.
Sir, I'm not doubting that you know these things, but the context in which you're bringing them is to prove your point I think. :)

I'm done with this. No point discussing further.

Both of you have done your homework on this stuff & are quire knowledgeable so lets not fight.
Its anyways not easy to get info and perspective across over text over a forum. No point to have a conflict.

The goal of this thread was to find decent DV & DA reference content that can be used by anyone via a Download File or Link or a Streaming Service that can be used without needing special equipment or UHD disc players etc.

That is still a bit in the flux and lost to the side. :D So.. love love :D lets bring some Content Love.

@dsrsid - How does that OurPlanet from NF show up on your TV? Curious to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back