Samsung 55Q60R Bottom yellow bleeding.

I had a similar issue with Samsung when I bought my first LCD. Brand new TV had lip-sync issues. I called up Samsung and they sent a junior engineer who confirmed the problem, but said his senior had to approve repair/replacement. The senior engineer came and blatantly blamed it on the cable reception. I then played some blurays and dvds which displayed the same issue. He said he would communicate it to his team and let me know.

As expected there was no response for several days. I finally called up and he completely changed his tune saying that there is no issue with the TV and the ticket was closed. I responded very harshly and threatened to go to the consumer forum. Next day a junior engineer came over and changed the main board which resolved the issue. Moral of the story : nothing is resolved without harsh talk and threats.

I had a similar issue with Samsung when I bought my first LCD. Brand new TV had lip-sync issues. I called up Samsung and they sent a junior engineer who confirmed the problem, but said his senior had to approve repair/replacement. The senior engineer came and blatantly blamed it on the cable reception. I then played some blurays and dvds which displayed the same issue. He said he would communicate it to his team and let me know.

As expected there was no response for several days. I finally called up and he completely changed his tune saying that there is no issue with the TV and the ticket was closed. I responded very harshly and threatened to go to the consumer forum. Next day a junior engineer came over and changed the main board which resolved the issue. Moral of the story : nothing is resolved without harsh talk and threats.
I say avoid Samsung, they are overpriced as well :/

Try raising complaint again, probably via mail, I have found email to be better for these issues. Also try to find some Samsung India or Korea exec email and cc them. Attach all the photos so that any rational mind should understand your problem. You can send a link to this forum and other forums if they contain details of Samsung replacing for this issue. Best approach would be to be insistent but not rude. If this fails then post it on social media, create a new account if you have to.

I think it’s a panel problem like really he has got a defective panel. If yes, those things cannot be fixed via a service menu.
He was looking for Test Patterns that he can show the Samsung Technician to convince them it's a Panel issue. Samsung Tech only considers the built-in patterns for their validation. It's a panel issue and no way you can fix it. :):)

Hi folks,

Just wanted to update. What horrible people and experiences. Guess Samsung has special team to train on cheating customers. Funny thing is my neighbor has the same tv and also one gentleman here in the forum shared his pic of the same image all showed no issues. I checked my neighbor tv as well. When I informed this to customers service and engineer still they are saying it is panel specification and configuration. When I asked if so why other tv of same model including my neighbor doesn't have they are saying each panel has different specifications and it is normal. That's the level of respect they have for their customers. I also checked various forums also in Amazon people have posted pics with horrible panel defects and the same response Samsung is giving. So folks stay away from Samsung. #boycottsamsung

Hi folks,

Just wanted to update. What horrible people and experiences. Guess Samsung has special team to train on cheating customers. Funny thing is my neighbor has the same tv and also one gentleman here in the forum shared his pic of the same image all showed no issues. I checked my neighbor tv as well. When I informed this to customers service and engineer still they are saying it is panel specification and configuration. When I asked if so why other tv of same model including my neighbor doesn't have they are saying each panel has different specifications and it is normal. That's the level of respect they have for their customers. I also checked various forums also in Amazon people have posted pics with horrible panel defects and the same response Samsung is giving. So folks stay away from Samsung. #boycottsamsung
This is unfortunate. I have observed Samsung having noticeable worse DSE in various reviews online, even for their Q95T and 8K models. Given this and lack of hassle free return in India is one reason I went with Sony as their QC is better.

This is unfortunate. I have observed Samsung having noticeable worse DSE in various reviews online, even for their Q95T and 8K models. Given this and lack of hassle free return in India is one reason I went with Sony as their QC is better.
I should have gone for sony, but was on a tight budget and got this for a good deal so went for it. Biggest regret.

Hi folks,

take this up on SM like Twitter tagging Samsung. Shame them! Where did you purchase this one?

Any updates?
I did everything I could totally raised 10 tickets. Even the same engineer came 2nd time and said will change the panel and give and went. But after 2 days he called Said even panel change request has been denied as there is no fault found and ticket has been closed . Seeing various forums lot of Samsung customers facing horrible after sales experience. Samsung doesn't honor their warranty but just cheat. Nice lesson next time never will buy any Samsung product.

I did everything I could totally raised 10 tickets. Even the same engineer came 2nd time and said will change the panel and give and went. But after 2 days he called Said even panel change request has been denied as there is no fault found and ticket has been closed . Seeing various forums lot of Samsung customers facing horrible after sales experience. Samsung doesn't honor their warranty but just cheat. Nice lesson next time never will buy any Samsung product.

In other countries you can return products within 10 days with no questions asked. People return for trivial issues such as not matching the decor, not fitting the table top etc.
Here real issues are brushed under the carpet.

I guess online portals are better, at least they honour returns for 10 days.

But the so called big companies does whatever they can to stop the growth. Looks like there is real mafia at play.
Releasing online only specific models which cannot be demoed, partnering with the offline retailer mafia and keeping prices artificially high, playing hand in hand with offline retailers and monopolising and sabotaging retailer display place for lesser models like TCL, Hisense etc are all practised in all glory.

Any shop you enter, they always suggest a samsung. This is not by chance or because of picture quality of samsung. Most given reason is the superior customer support (duh)

In fact, the know what community knows very well that samsungs are just decorated donkeys for the PQ they provide for the price. Specular highlights are almost non-existent and the picture is mostly 2D without any depth. Anyone who has owned samsung and sony/panasonic/philips can immediately relate.

Example below: You can clearly see that the picture you see is in contrast with the commentary you hear. Such is the lobbying power. Inspite of poor picture, no one will discredit a samsung. Always find reasons to fit in the samsung, no matter what. Online is full of such fake reviews.

Sony model is vastly cheaper to start with. Interested, check from 4:00. Definitely pause at 4:44.

Please dont give reasons like youtube compression etc. it doesn't apply for comparison videos since both are compressed to same level. If you are not blind, you can see the difference.

Latest update. Horrible service by Samsung they have denied even panel replacement . Now I got myself a Yamaha yht 299 system and tried to connect arc but Audio is not returned. Thing is problem is intermittent. If I turn on 10 times 2 or 3 times it works but remaining it doesn't. My tv hdmi 4 is Arc port and I have obviously connected it there buy at time getting message that I have not connected to hdmi 4 arc port and audio won't be supported. Horrible after spending nearly a lakh and getting a faulty product but company not servicing or replacing And saying its normal. Pathetic Samsung.

IMG-20201026-WA0018.jpegIMG-20201026-WA0018.jpeg

Latest update. Horrible service by Samsung they have denied even panel replacement . Now I got myself a Yamaha yht 299 system and tried to connect arc but Audio is not returned. Thing is problem is intermittent. If I turn on 10 times 2 or 3 times it works but remaining it doesn't. My tv hdmi 4 is Arc port and I have obviously connected it there buy at time getting message that I have not connected to hdmi 4 arc port and audio won't be supported. Horrible after spending nearly a lakh and getting a faulty product but company not servicing or replacing And saying its normal. Pathetic Samsung.
Instead of Customer Care, post it in their social media site about your experience like twitter or face book page. clearly mentioning your mobile or email, and also write a review on amazon and flipkart under the product section then write an email to the Samsung customer and tell them what you have done so far and if the issue is not resolved you will use WhatsApp and other social media to prevent people from buying Samsung TV.

Instead of Customer Care, post it in their social media site about your experience like twitter or face book page. clearly mentioning your mobile or email, and also write a review on amazon and flipkart under the product section then write an email to the Samsung customer and tell them what you have done so far and if the issue is not resolved you will use WhatsApp and other social media to prevent people from buying Samsung TV.
I did in fb and Twitter. Also I mentioned that but they are lethargicly saying you do what you want from your side but we cant replace was their answer.

Latest Update.

It has been a nightmare since day 2 and regretting ever since to have purchased Samsung TV. First I noticed a yellow bleeding at the bottom of tv and requested for a replacement but technical team denied it saying yellow bleeding effects at the bottom is normal panel feature . I am really not sure what kind of magic technology is that as my neighbor has the same tv and doesn't have them. When I mentioned this they are saying each panel has different specifications. Great magic technology I assume.

Now coming to the arc issue. I connected my yamaha avr receiver to hdmi arc port 4 but still audio is not returned and getting message that iam connected to a port not supporting arc and asking me to connect it to arc supporting port. I have indeed connected to arc port. As sometimes it does work. Problem is intermittent. 1 or 2 out of 10 times it works. Been a week since I raised but no one is bothered to check but today received call from customer care saying that they have received feedback from service team that the issue is resolved. Such pathetic service.

Iam attaching files for your reference.

Will Samsung honor your customers and warranty policies ? As far as I have experienced fully trying to cheat customers, no intentions to solve the issues or help customers.

Attachments

• IMG-20201026-WA0018.jpeg
    IMG-20201026-WA0018.jpeg
    686.7 KB · Views: 8
This is why I say on different forums in India, go for a product and not for brand. Many people here buy only big brand products for service but end up getting same third class service as cheaper brands.

Heck, VU would have approved a TV replacement by now. I have seen people getting new TVs in the third year of VU extended warranty.

This is why I say on different forums in India, go for a product and not for brand. Many people here buy only big brand products for service but end up getting same third class service as cheaper brands.

Heck, VU would have approved a TV replacement by now. I have seen people getting new TVs in the third year of VU extended warranty.
Am not brand conscious and I am aware of how Samsung is horrible in customer services and they build sub below par quality products yet I purchased this in a hurry as I got good offer. Never ever Samsung In future. #boycottsamsung

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back