Samsung LAB650 OWNERS DISCUSSION, REVIEWS & OPINION

Please also reply on the digital output setting as edited in my previous post....
And can't you update to UK version?

yes one has two options for audio output...external speakers or build in speakers...

2) UK version is risky...because different countries have different specifications...i need to make sure that UK and india are same. Firmwares are made to customise each country depending on electricty standard, cable tv, etc etc...also languages.

yes one has two options for audio output...external speakers or build in speakers...

2) UK version is risky...because different countries have different specifications...i need to make sure that UK and india are same. Firmwares are made to customise each country depending on electricty standard, cable tv, etc etc...also languages.

UK version sounds safe. Maybe you can Google for people who have done this?
I have upgraded to Pioneer European DVD firmware which has SCART connection, and my unit does not. But no problems.
You have warranty anyway. But be cautious.

Look specifically for digital audio output setting...since you said there is optical output...

UK version sounds safe. Maybe you can Google for people who have done this?
I have upgraded to Pioneer European DVD firmware which has SCART connection, and my unit does not. But no problems.
You have warranty anyway. But be cautious.

Look specifically for digital audio output setting...since you said there is optical output...

i currently do not have a home theater but planning soon to buy....so have not done any rnd on sound .......all detail specifications are now updated in my first post ..have a look

Common..i am not just making a statement.. i tested for 7 days ...model were LG LH70 , Sony bravia 3 with 100 HZ and this samsung LAb650....

samsung was a clear winner in almost all dept.
Most striking features were :

1) Constrast Ratio: Black was never so black on any other LCD.
2) 100 HZ: Sony has 100 HZ...but in samsung we could really turn off or even manually control 100 HZ settings..was simply great....

NOW SOMEONE TELL ME WHICH OTHER LCD IS GIVING ME ABOVE FEATURES EXCEPT B650 SAMSUNG??? THIS LCD IS A CLEAR WINNER!!!!!!

well where did u test the sony 40inch BE3 model with 100hz,since its not yet available in india,not even available in the grey market.u can also turn the 100hz OFF in the sony .there are other lcds that can give blacker blacks then the B650.
well in terms of VFM, yes i agree that for the price its good.

No LCD i have seen is near it. Picture quality on DTH signal is just amazing unlike sony. (yes if you would experience samsung b650 you would forget sony)
but what u said in previous post as quoted above,u mean't that there is no other lcd that is better then B650.samsungs own B750 is better ,not to mention some sony models.

Last edited:
well where did u test the sony 40inch BE3 model with 100hz,since its not yet available in india,not even available in the grey market.u can also turn the 100hz OFF in the sony .there are other lcds that can give blacker blacks then the B650.
well in terms of VFM, yes i agree that for the price its good.

but what u said in previous post as quoted above,u mean't that there is no other lcd that is better then B650.samsungs own B750 is better ,not to mention some sony models.

Boss KLV-32W550A is available and its bravia 3.

secondly b750...it is just having 200 HZ motion flow which i think is better to keep off...

..which lcd is offering these features...?

try connecting a hard disk to sony, or does sony have widgets..?

can sony play anything other than mpeg 1 and mpeg 2 or avi files..?

I am not here to advertise about sony or samsung.....needed a forum where owners of LAB650 can share their views..Read heading of topic.
Also please review yourselves before commenting about Newly released LCD's

Last edited:
Boss KLV-32W550A is available and its bravia 3.

secondly b750...it is just having 200 HZ motion flow which i think is better to keep off...

I am not here to advertise about sony or samsung.....needed a forum where owners of LAB650 can share their views..Read heading of topic.
Also please review yourselves before commenting about Newly released LCD's

well u can't compare a sony 32inch with a 40inch,they use different panels with different contrasts,the sony 40inch either uses a the AU panel or the samsung panel,the same goes for samsung.
well if u intend to keep the B750 200hz to off,u might as well keep the 100hz off in the samung series 6 or buy a cheaper series.the B750 can show full 1080lines of motion resolution,unlike B650 which shows around 600
lines.sames goes to sony Z and X series which can show full 1080lines of motion resolution,the only other know tvs are the samsung luxia 8,series 9 in plasmas the panasonic G10,pioneer kuro all achieve 1080lines of motion resolution.
..which lcd is offering these features...?

try connecting a hard disk to sony, or does sony have widgets..?

can sony play anything other than mpeg 1 and mpeg 2 or avi files..?
well i never said anything about formats or what it plays, i mearly was pointing to u that samsung B650 is not the best lcd out there.

well u can't compare a sony 32inch with a 40inch,they use different panels with different contrasts,the sony 40inch either uses a the AU panel or the samsung panel,the same goes for samsung.
well if u intend to keep the B750 200hz to off,u might as well keep the 100hz off in the samung series 6 or buy a cheaper series.the B750 can show full 1080lines of motion resolution,unlike B650 which shows around 600
lines.sames goes to sony Z and X series which can show full 1080lines of motion resolution,the only other know tvs are the samsung luxia 8,series 9 in plasmas the panasonic G10,pioneer kuro all achieve 1080lines of motion resolution.

well i never said anything about formats or what it plays, i mearly was pointing to u that samsung B650 is not the best lcd out there.

haaa ...which is best bosss...? did i ask?

this THREAD is for LAB650 OWNERS (PLEASE READ THREAD NAME) .... AND SHARE YOUR REVIEWS IF U HAVE EVER SEEN THIS LCD...
SORRY BUT U R OFF TOPIC.
LETS COMPARE BOTH ON ALREADY CREATED SONY VS SAMSUNG THREAD.
I GUESS YOU ARE A SONY LOVER ;......
FOR SAMSUNG B650 ALSO ITS BETTER TO KEEP OFF 100 HZ UNLESS YOU ARTE WATCHING FAST MOVING SPORTS OR MOVIE...(and i am happy that i control 100 hz when ever i need)

Last edited:

this THREAD is for LAB650 OWNERS (PLEASE READ THREAD NAME) .... AND SHARE YOUR REVIEWS IF U HAVE EVER SEEN THIS LCD...
SORRY BUT U R OFF TOPIC.
FOR SAMSUNG B650 ALSO ITS BETTER TO KEEP OFF 100 HZ UNLESS YOU ARTE WATCHING FAST MOVING SPORTS OR MOVIE...(and i am happy that i control 100 hz when ever i need)

While I appreciate the fantastic extra features of this model. I had chosen not to comment on PQ as everyone will have their own view points. You had mentioned "No LCD i have seen is near it. Picture quality on DTH signal is just amazing unlike sony. (yes if you would experience samsung b650 you would forget sony)"

I would consider this as a loose statement. Just because you own something does not mean that it's the best. So much so, that you even consider it better than the newer Samsung model, which adder was appreciating, and you call him a biased Sony lover! You only had started comparing it with Sony. BTW we all know what the higher end Sony models are capable of, as far as PQ is concerned:indifferent14:

And I am not a Samsung LCD owner. So you mean to say that I am not "allowed" write in this thread? You cannot dictate your terms who can write in this thread. This is not your "property". You are lucky that this forum does not restrict newbies from starting their own threads.

So make the most of this forum. If you feel you have any valid points make it heard, instead of shouting (please stop writing in caps) and at the same time have some respect for the senior members.

Last edited:
All i need is reviews from samsung owners.
For Samsung Vs Sony, there is already a separate thread. Hope you understand.
Thanks.

I have compiled a list of Hidden menu which can be used for Samsung LAB650. Is there anything else we can do?

List is ---
1) Press ---> INFO-MENU-MUTE-POWER to access SERVICE MENU

2) Press return 10 secs, select OK, B650 carries out internal diagnosis and produces a report.

3) Press Exit 10 secs, select OK, B650 resets all settings to default values (caution TV has to be re tuned)

anything else friends..?

I have compiled a list of Hidden menu which can be used for Samsung LAB650. Is there anything else we can do?

List is ---
1) Press ---> INFO-MENU-MUTE-POWER to access SERVICE MENU

2) Press return 10 secs, select OK, B650 carries out internal diagnosis and produces a report.

3) Press Exit 10 secs, select OK, B650 resets all settings to default values (caution TV has to be re tuned)

anything else friends..?

Great compilation Mr Zabak. I brought this piece last week. didn't knew that it had so many features. Thanks a lot..will try this.

My friend has the same model. He was telling me that the internet widgets do NOT work!! Is this same for you?

Anyone have tried to using Anynet+ function ? Please share. what is it for..?

I also havent tried Wireless DLNA due to lack of hardware
(was successfull with wired one through my MTNL Router) ....

SORRY BUT U R OFF TOPIC.

well this thread is about owners,reviews,opinions,u were the one who compared it to a sony in this thread.but making claims about B650 such as "Constrast Ratio: Black was never so black on any other LCD" or "No LCD i have seen is near it. Picture quality on DTH signal is just amazing unlike sony. (yes if you would experience samsung b650 you would forget sony" is misleading to others.
no i am not a sony lover,i like tvs that perform well, irrespective of brands,at many times i have recommended a samsung.

anyway for the price u got it 68k price vs performance its wins.

well this thread is about owners,reviews,opinions,u were the one who compared it to a sony in this thread.but making claims about B650 such as "Constrast Ratio: Black was never so black on any other LCD" or "No LCD i have seen is near it. Picture quality on DTH signal is just amazing unlike sony. (yes if you would experience samsung b650 you would forget sony" is misleading to others.
no i am not a sony lover,i like tvs that perform well, irrespective of brands,at many times i have recommended a samsung.

anyway for the price u got it 68k price vs performance its wins.

Right adder. Lets discuss this sony vs samsung thread. I never meant to fight with you.
Contrast ratio were quoted from hdtv uk . link provided in first post. Hope you understand. Also would like if a senior member like you to have some hands on experience on lab650 and discuss. Lets discuss all pros,cons of lab650 here.

Last edited:
Can someone explain how to connect PC share manager from laptop to TV with LAN port on back side. Are all media files playable this way?

My friend has the same model. He was telling me that the internet widgets do NOT work!! Is this same for you?

Please reply on this one. You were highlighting this feature without any mention that it's actually invalid and non functioning!? This can be very misleading to our users. Were you not aware of this drawback? Or does it work for you??

Please reply on this one. You were highlighting this feature without any mention that it's actually invalid and non functioning!? This can be very misleading to our users. Were you not aware of this drawback? Or does it work for you??

Have patience friend. Answer is yes and no.
By default no.
In service menu you have to change region for widgets to work. Also not to forget to update firmware.
Today only i did this.
You tube was working but very slow. And also you cannot login you tube. Only fav are shown. Rss news was good.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back