Flickr
Quizzmaster (game)
Yahoo Finance
USA Today Sports
Twitter
youtube
RSS news

Last edited:
Anyone have tried to using Anynet+ function ? Please share. what is it for..?

I also havent tried Wireless DLNA due to lack of hardware
(was successful with wired one through my MTNL Router) ....

Anynet+ is crap for me. for that you can connect different samsung devices only which have anynet+ service with a single remote control. If you are having a Samsung DVR, same remote of LCD can be used to record television channels, may be good for someone who need to eliminate Tata Sky Plus like services.

Anynet+ is crap for me. for that you can connect different samsung devices only which have anynet+ service with a single remote control. If you are having a Samsung DVR, same remote of LCD can be used to record television channels, may be good for someone who need to eliminate Tata Sky Plus like services.

Thanks...

Below is procedure for network settings and internet@tv Function (got this from some other forum) :-

If you follow those instructions but skip the xbox parts it should work.

First up you'll want to open your network connections on your PC. I use Windows 7 at the mo so it might be different if your on xp or vista but you can right click the network icon in the system tray and click open network and sharing centre or whatever it says.

Then click Manage Network Connections (or something similar, on Windows 7 it is Change Adapter Properties) which should be on the left. Right click the Wireless Network icon and go to properties. Go to the sharing tab at the top and then make sure the box that says 'Allow other networks users to connect using this computers internet connection' or something like that is UNCHECKED. Then click Apply/OK.

You MAY need to restart the computer now but i'm not certain.

you'll then want to go back to Manage Network Connections and enable the local area connection if it isn't already by right clicking on that icon and clicking on enable. The right click again and go to properties. Double click on 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)' which will open a new window.

This is where I'm unsure how to do it. Firstly, make sure that both Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically are both checked. The click ok.

Now close that and go back to the properties of the Wireless connection. Go to the sharing tab again and make sure both boxes are CHECKED and click OK.

Now go back to the properties of the Local Area Connection and double click 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)' again.
It SHOULD now show:

ip 192.168.0.1
subnet 255.255.255.0
default gateway -empty-

and it should also show that 'Use the following DNS server' is checked, but the fields will be empty.

Click ok and close all the windows but remember the IP and Subnet from above.

Now plug the ethernet cable into both the TV and the laptop/PC.

Now, on your TV's menu, go to setup, then Network Setup.

Change Internet Protocol Setup to Manual and then change the values below to this:

IP Adress: 192 168 0 2
Subnet Mask: 255 255 255 0
Gateway: 192 168 0 1
DNS Server: 192 168 1 254

There are 4 seperate numbers there for each one and each should go in a different box.

Then go up to Network Test and press the Enter button on your remote. It SHOULD work as that's exactly how I did it. However, you may run into problems with firewalls etc on your computer and if you do then I have no idea what to do then as I don't know what ports the TV connects through.

If its works though, congratulations. Go to Internet@TV and try out the widgets and make sure they work.

Does anyone know the best price for this TV in Bangalore? I found that Giria's had it for 75K (and the lowest among Croma, Ezone and Pai). If it is avbl for 68K in Mumbai, there seems to be quite a difference. Thanks
Raj

Excellent settngs provided for LAB650 by HDTV UK site
works great ...!!

Last edited:
Excellent settngs provided for LAB650 by HDTV UK site
works great ...!!

those settings depend upon which panel is being used based on the input lag the tested tv on HDTVtest uk appears to have a samsung SPVA panel which explains the higher input lag,but samsung is well know to use AMVA panels in 40inch and for 32inch samsung lcds they use one more panel made by CMO based on the SMVA tech.

those settings depend upon which panel is being used based on the input lag the tested tv on HDTVtest uk appears to have a samsung SPVA panel which explains the higher input lag,but samsung is well know to use AMVA panels in 40inch and for 32inch samsung lcds they use one more panel made by CMO based on the SMVA tech.

Hmm ok. I dunno about whether panel was SPVA or AMVa.
But yes both were 40" and both had Panel code Name "CN01"
I am talking about LEB40650(UK) and LA40B650 (India)

Hmm ok. I dunno about whether panel was SPVA or AMVa.
But yes both were 40" and both had Panel code Name "CN01"
I am talking about LEB40650(UK) and LA40B650 (India)

well CN01 is a bit strange a,googe search will reveal thats its a CMO panel,which is behind the SPVA and AMVA tech in contrast.slightly more washed out colors from the sides compared to SPVA,AMVA.

can u check the sticker at the back of ur tv where the model no is located,try to look for any of the following individual letters A or S or C.

well CN01 is a bit strange a,googe search will reveal thats its a CMO panel,which is behind the SPVA and AMVA tech in contrast.slightly more washed out colors from the sides compared to SPVA,AMVA.

can u check the sticker at the back of ur tv where the model no is located,try to look for any of the following individual letters A or S or C.

Different people have different views. Older CMO were worst performers. and Newer CMO are good...whatever..

Check this interesting conversation

An Actual Panel Comparison (cmo Auo S-pva) For The R87 & R88!!! - AVForums.com

Different people have different views. Older CMO were worst performers. and Newer CMO are good...whatever..

Check this interesting conversation

An Actual Panel Comparison (cmo Auo S-pva) For The R87 & R88!!! - AVForums.com

well thats the problem with samsung its a panel lottery u never know which panel u get,for instance if 3 people go buy the same samsung model one may get a lcd with samsung panel(SPVA) other with AU panel (AMVA) and third with a CMO panel(SMVA).infact if u had seen the brochures in 2007 they used to boast off about SPVA panel but in reality their tvs use different panels from what is advertized,we could have sued samsung for that.

its even worst in lcd monitors.unlike in tvs where SPVA,AMVA and SMVA are all different tech ,in monitors even if all the panel makers use the same technology which is TN ,the one made by CMO is the worst ,as people started to become aware of this, samsung now says that warranty will be avoid by just entering the service menu.they now use encoded panel no in service menu so people don't find out which panel they use.
here is another article Samsung SyncMaster 226BW C (page 1: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW C) - BeHardware .

I'm planning to buy this set this coming weekend, and have some questions for owners:

1. Does anybody find the colours to be too vibrant? I thought that the image was almost too brilliant, as if it had been painted with florescent colours. Perhaps this was because of the display settings being in 'torch mode' in the showroom. Does it become less vibrant when fully calibrated?

2. Is the glossy screen an irritation in a moderately lighted room? How bad are the reflections?

3. How much did you buy your set for? I'm being quoted 1,02,500 for the 46". Is that good or should it be lower?

Thanks in advance.

I'm planning to buy this set this coming weekend, and have some questions for owners:

1. Does anybody find the colours to be too vibrant? I thought that the image was almost too brilliant, as if it had been painted with florescent colours. Perhaps this was because of the display settings being in 'torch mode' in the showroom. Does it become less vibrant when fully calibrated?
well thats due to the WCG-CCFL backlight,if u look at the sony W400A last year model which also has a WCG-CCFL u will see the colors similar to the samsung,sony however have ditched the WCG in ,V400,V550A,W550A for unknown reasons.i always liked the colors of the normal CCFL backlight.

2. Is the glossy screen an irritation in a moderately lighted room? How bad are the reflections?
well it depends upon the direction of the light,if the light source are from the sides or rear it can be bad,u no longer can see the pure blacks or shadow details due to the reflection,no matter what settings u try.

Got this TV yesterday. I could get it to connect to the media server running on my PC so some of the DLNA stuff seems to be working. Will update later.

Also the Internet@TV function is just not working. Does this need a firmware update or is it disabled for India? Any help would be welcome.

Got this TV yesterday. I could get it to connect to the media server running on my PC so some of the DLNA stuff seems to be working. Will update later.

Also the Internet@TV function is just not working. Does this need a firmware update or is it disabled for India? Any help would be welcome.

Interner @TV works in India ---

Steps
1) Update formware 2001.1
2) Change region=PANEUROPE in service menu
3) Change info LINk in service menu to UK
4) select tuner=SEC_T

Done.

Now select internet@TV and it will work...!!

What are the differences with new SAM series?other than colours?

ie 4 series has 2new & 1old model(32in),5 series with 2.
Is there technical differences?

Finally bought 40B650. Looks good.:)

I didn't have any idea about the height for the wall mount. Service Engineered mounted it with the botton the TV at 48". It looks little high. Is this because I am not use to this or actually high?

First thing I tried is DNLA. Viewing content from my laptop looks good. although it is slightly slow. Is this my network?

Photos from USB drive worked but not from the SONY camera?

Couldn't make Internet to work. Still to try procedure described earlier in this thread. I am slightly concerned about the requirement of Firmware upgrade. Would this impact warranty etc?

Last edited:
I didn't have any idea about the height for the wall mount. Service Engineered mounted it with the botton the TV at 48". It looks little high. Is this because I am not use to this or actually high?

Yes, it's high!! These "professionals" are crazy!!

The ideal height should be when the centre of the screen is at your eye level from your viewing position. Normally around 32"-36" from bottom of TV.

Finally bought 40B650. Looks good.:)

Photos from USB drive worked but not from the SONY camera?

Couldn't make Internet to work. Still to try procedure described earlier in this thread. I am slightly concerned about the requirement of Firmware upgrade. Would this impact warranty etc?

I am sure you wont mind spending Rs 400 to buy a USB memory card reader to read your sony memory stick contents. It does work that way.

Also updating firmware is not harm , provided you are following all steps perfectly and if you have doubt call technician from samsung, download new firmware and ask him to upgrade.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back