Samsung LAB650 OWNERS DISCUSSION, REVIEWS & OPINION

Also updating firmware is not harm , provided you are following all steps perfectly and if you have doubt call technician from samsung, download new firmware and ask him to upgrade.

How do I check firmware version on my LCD?

Dear Zabak

You may already have replied , but I havent spotted it on the site ...where in Mumbai did you buy Samsung LCD 40B650 model for Rs 68K? Appreciate dealer name /contact if you can spare the same

Vijay

Interner @TV works in India ---

Steps
1) Update formware 2001.1
2) Change region=PANEUROPE in service menu
3) Change info LINk in service menu to UK
4) select tuner=SEC_T

Done.

Now select internet@TV and it will work...!!

Where to get this (2001.1) firmware? On Samsung India site available version is 1004.5.
TV software upgrade option shows version as 2000/01/01_000103

Last edited:
Couldn't find firmware version 2001.1.:sad:
2001.0 is available at uk site.

Correction sorry...mine is also 2001.0 firmware only ....

But beware.... After update you need to select Region=ASIA_ATV for TV to work..!!

no. It just cannot recognise dts codec. Gives error. "unknown codec" may be some firmware update will fix. Problem is in india hey release firmware very late.

Currently i have 1004 but in uk current firmware is 1010.1....

This lcd just released this month in india. i cannot find a single owner in india hence started this thread to find some freinds and their opinions :)
FOR AUDIO..SOLUTION IS SIMPLE...USE POPCORN AUDIO CONVERTOR..TAKES JUST 15 MIN TO CONVERT AUDIO

Hi zabak,

First of all, congratulations for your third New LCd tv.

It looks like you're very much enjoying your New LCD tv man, the first impressions given for your LCT tv were very good and the review of LAB650 is very much impressive. The detailed report of every specification in the LAB650 and the tests you have made with your tv is great and its very helpfull for those in this forum including me.

Thanks for your R&D Zabak.

cheers

Hi zabak,

It looks like you're very much enjoying your New LCD tv man, the first impressions given for your LCT tv were very good and the review of LAB650 is very much impressive. The detailed report of every specification in the LAB650 and the tests you have made with your tv is great and its very helpfull for those in this forum including me.

cheers

Oh thanks friend. Finally appreciation after 67 posts in forum.

I have tried many more new tests...like creating our own media contents other than samsung supplies and this works good. But there are very few owners of this LCD in India as this is new model.
believe me This LCD is too gooood...atleast thats my thought

Oh thanks friend. Finally appreciation after 67 posts in forum.

I have tried many more new tests...like creating our own media contents other than samsung supplies and this works good. But there are very few owners of this LCD in India as this is new model.
believe me This LCD is too gooood...atleast thats my thought

I think its great contribution from zabak. Extremely useful for those who have purchased new lcds like me. Thanks zabak.

Hi zabak,

cheers

Thanks zabak for starting this thread and great inputs!!!

Hi guys,

My first post here. Congratz to ppl who got this TV and special thanks to Zabak!

I have one question- this TV doesnt seem to have a digital audio OUT. The user guide shows only Analag L/R audio OUT. How would somebody play 5.1 channel content on this TV and give its output to an AV receiver? The LED series seems to have a coax audio OUT. But not this one?
Thanks,
-nik

Hi guys,

My first post here. Congratz to ppl who got this TV and special thanks to Zabak!

I have one question- this TV doesnt seem to have a digital audio OUT. The user guide shows only Analag L/R audio OUT. How would somebody play 5.1 channel content on this TV and give its output to an AV receiver? The LED series seems to have a coax audio OUT. But not this one?
Thanks,
-nik

This LCD had optical Audio out - tried and tested on Yamaha and works perfect
for 5.1 output..cheers!!

hi nikisha,

congratulations for you also, let us also know the comments of your new LCD tv.

cheers

As suggested, i upgraded to ver 2001, selected region=ASIA_ATv

many things were improved.

i noted these improvements:
1) subtitles in previous formware version would not go away till the next subtitles came in.
2) Volume loop adjusted better for DTh
3) some mkv formats would not play properly but are now playable.

@zabak & others who have bought this lcd

how is dth quality (airtel/tata sky) on the 40" model? Pixelation & Juddering etc.

Last edited:
This LCD had optical Audio out - tried and tested on Yamaha and works perfect
for 5.1 output..cheers!!

Oh it has optical audio out? I went to the samsung site and looked at its user manual. The connection panel diagram only showed audio out L/R analog ports!

Also could you guys tell me from where and at what price you bought this LCD tv?

Cheers!
-nik

Oh it has optical audio out? I went to the samsung site and looked at its user manual. The connection panel diagram only showed audio out L/R analog ports!

Also could you guys tell me from where and at what price you bought this LCD tv?

Cheers!
-nik

Nikunj, i own this LCD and if can can believe me, it does have an optical audio output-

regarding price i got it for 72k

Last edited:
Nikunj, i own this LCD and if can can believe me, it does have an optical audio output-

regarding price i got it for 72k

Thanks Nikisha. Where did you get it from?

zabak- where did u get from? 68k is quite a good bargain!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back