Samsung LAB650 OWNERS DISCUSSION, REVIEWS & OPINION

Top 5 Reasons Why Samsung LCD TVs are the Best in India

Thats really good to hear and i totally agree with above report on gadgetophilia ..:)

i think all agree that Samsung B650 is a fantastic TV (as are many of their 2009 models).. but this looks more like a paid-for article than anything else..

Back to the B650, I'm also considering it myself.. in case you game, Zabak, could you please let me know if the input lag in game mode is really noticeable.. have not gamed much on an LCD, hence the worry.. sorry, if you've already answered it in an earlier post and i missed it..

i think all agree that Samsung B650 is a fantastic TV (as are many of their 2009 models).. but this looks more like a paid-for article than anything else..

Back to the B650, I'm also considering it myself.. in case you game, Zabak, could you please let me know if the input lag in game mode is really noticeable.. have not gamed much on an LCD, hence the worry.. sorry, if you've already answered it in an earlier post and i missed it..

The B650 is really attractive in terms of features. Even I am considering it and have shortlisted it along with SONYs. Also saw the demo of it and liked it a lot.

Only thing questionable about these SAMSUNGs is the panel lottery thing. I've read a lot of UK / US etc. forums where, customers if 'not fully satisfied' can return the product in y days with 'no questions asked'. Here in India, 'all sales are final'. So if one does end up with a CMO panel in the B650, and the person tries 'talking' to the store, that can I have another B650 piece with an 'AMVA' or 'SPVA' panel, they will not even entertain the customer. Unless of course there is a way to confirm this in the showroom (by looking at the packaging box or better still behind the actual LCD, for which you will need to open the box....doubt if they will allow a customer to do all this) and then finalize the piece and have them ship that exact piece.

However, many of these bigger stores tell the customer, we'll take your order here and the product will be shipped directly from our warehouse. Just wouldn't be a nice discussion to have if someone else you know who happens to have the 'better panel' compared to yours or vice versa, for the EXACT SAME SAMSUNG LCD model.

Thus with this SAMSUNG 'panel lottery' ambiguity, one wonders if comparable SONY or Panasonic etc. options are worth considering.

The B650 is really attractive in terms of features. Even I am considering it and have shortlisted it along with SONYs. Also saw the demo of it and liked it a lot.

Only thing questionable about these SAMSUNGs is the panel lottery thing. I've read a lot of UK / US etc. forums where, customers if 'not fully satisfied' can return the product in y days with 'no questions asked'. Here in India, 'all sales are final'. So if one does end up with a CMO panel in the B650, and the person tries 'talking' to the store, that can I have another B650 piece with an 'AMVA' or 'SPVA' panel, they will not even entertain the customer. Unless of course there is a way to confirm this in the showroom (by looking at the packaging box or better still behind the actual LCD, for which you will need to open the box....doubt if they will allow a customer to do all this) and then finalize the piece and have them ship that exact piece.

However, many of these bigger stores tell the customer, we'll take your order here and the product will be shipped directly from our warehouse. Just wouldn't be a nice discussion to have if someone else you know who happens to have the 'better panel' compared to yours or vice versa, for the EXACT SAME SAMSUNG LCD model.

Thus with this SAMSUNG 'panel lottery' ambiguity, one wonders if comparable SONY or Panasonic etc. options are worth considering.

Good point, Geotracks.. to add to it, even if we as customers are allowed to look behind the actual LCD, we might not be able to see it.. i've read reports that Samsung no longer indicates the panel type on the back of the LCD.. could someone confirm?

the only way, perhaps, would be to study the pixel arrangement, as suggested by adder in one of his posts..

As mentioned in an earlier post the chances of you getting a CMO panel is much higher on the B650. While the 40 and 46 inchers have a mix of CMO,SPVA and AUO panels, the 55 incher is like a sure shot CMO panel lottery.
SPVA and AUO panels are hardly distinguishable in terms of picture clarity this year.
Comparitively the 46 inch b750 has primarily a mix of AUO and SPVA while the 52 incher is a sure SPVA panel.

There is infact an excellent thread regarding Samsung and the 3 types of panels on the net

Last edited:

I have not yet tested for Games yet. B650 has a special GAME Mode which disables all processing (like 100 HZ, DNIE etc. ) which makes picture appear in Sync.
But yes as i have also read read in many forums, there is a little (very little) lag which a hardcore gamer might not like. Some people have also claimed that this can be fixed by tweaking with the service menu for firmware 2004.

Also i believe as samsung also cares about gamers (as there is a provision for GAME MODE Menu) , they will surely update or fix it with new firmware release...:)

Because i have already found many things fixed within 6 months with 3 firmware updates ..:)

Last edited:
I have not yet tested for Games yet. B650 has a special GAME Mode which disables all processing (like 100 HZ, DNIE etc. ) which makes picture appear in Sync.
But yes as i have also read read in many forums, there is a little (very little) lag which a hardcore gamer might not like. Some people have also claimed that this can be fixed by tweaking with the service menu for firmware 2004.

Also i believe as samsung also cares about gamers (as there is a provision for GAME MODE Menu) , they will surely update or fix it with new firmware release...:)

Because i have already found many things fixed within 6 months with 3 firmware updates ..:)

Just a thought . Have u ever thought of comparing a 1080p mkv file PQ and SQ played through your TV vis a vis the WD TV or the Popcorh Hour NMT's ? It would be a good way of knowing the media capabilities of your TV .

LEDs from Sam do not scales good.I checked new 32inLED & DVD played directly from DVDp. Pic wasnt sharp enough & colours were not best.Even backlight was dull(admitted by sales person too).

LEDs from Sam do not scales good.I checked new 32inLED & DVD played directly from DVDp. Pic wasnt sharp enough & colours were not best.Even backlight was dull(admitted by sales person too).

LED's not good enough is surprising and sad. Which model did u check..?
As far as i know 2009 LCD'S and LED's range are one of best till date.

Bought b650, this saturday.

Initial feedback is that, wheile black levels are good, while watching sports (specially Cricket) I see lot of blurring. I did trying setting the 100hz motion to off, it did improve a little bit.

Any other tips on better setting for sports / cricket matches

Considering buying LAB650 LCD TV.:licklips:

Spoke to one of the company person (one of my friend). According to him the Model is stopped and no longer in supply. Samsung is pushing LED in a big way.

Dealer and distributors are clearing current stock.

He spoke to one of the dealer on availabilty and price. the quote is 72K + A free HD DVD player.

what do you guys suggest

Is this is a good price ?
Is it ok to go for a model which is getting discontinued ?

Thanks in advance

My friend called a distributor and got the details. Not sure, think Girias.
if interested i can get the details.

I was little skeptical when got to know this model is getting discontinued.

can anybody tell me the price of samsung lcd tv 5 series ..la32b530....i bought it for 38000 from vsp and at ezone it was f 33000

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back