Samsung OLED s95c review

vijayk

Finally Samsung placed their 4K OLED in market with 3 sizes (55, 65 and 77 inches)
I took demo and like it over SONY Master Series and LG C3
Another reason I like it because of its Single Box connect design which makes TV less hot and also reduce cable clutter hanging from TV on the wall.

Although not sure about Samsung Tizen OS. However I like it over LG WebOS which is based on Linux
Can someone like to add their views on? I'm thinking to close deal in next 10 days

Thank you

Finally Samsung placed their 4K OLED in market with 3 sizes (55, 65 and 77 inches)
I took demo and like it over SONY Master Series and LG C3
Another reason I like it because of its Single Box connect design which makes TV less hot and also reduce cable clutter hanging from TV on the wall.

Although not sure about Samsung Tizen OS. However I like it over LG WebOS which is based on Linux
Can someone like to add their views on? I'm thinking to close deal in next 10 days

Thank you
Wait till Diwali, price will fall down significantly and we’ll do group buys.

I expect us to be able to buy the 65” S95C in 1.7-1.8 lakhs around mid October. I’m also gonna buy one.

Wait till Diwali, price will fall down significantly and we’ll do group buys.

I expect us to be able to buy the 65” S95C in 1.7-1.8 lakhs around mid October. I’m also gonna buy one.
Thanks...
I will have to make this deal soon as this TV will sit in my studio for my assignment

So far the lowest quote I received is 2.15L

Thanks...
I will have to make this deal soon as this TV will sit in my studio for my assignment

So far the lowest quote I received is 2.15L
You can go for it for 2.15 lakhs, just be aware that the time value of money for waiting 2-3 months is 40k here. So just don’t go into FOMO come Diwali time.

It’s a good TV. I found it slightly better than my A95K. You won’t regret it.

You can go for it for 2.15 lakhs, just be aware that the time value of money for waiting 2-3 months is 40k here. So just don’t go into FOMO come Diwali time.

It’s a good TV. I found it slightly better than my A95K. You won’t regret it.
Well that 40K over 2-3 months time will definitely make me FOMO :)
Let me see how I can push back my requirements to another 3 more months

Meanwhile I just wonder which sound-bar will go well with this TV?

Cheers,
~VijayK

Well that 40K over 2-3 months time will definitely make me FOMO :)
Let me see how I can push back my requirements to another 3 more months

Cheers,
~VijayK
Also you mentioned about Sony A95K and I can see that in your signature
Is there any side by side comparison you came across?

Also what you exactly you do with 30TB storage (I see that in your signature :)
Lots of questions, please answer at your leisure

Q990B or Q990C are excellent choices and on sale are cheaper in India than other countries. Also work with Q-symphony.

Also you mentioned about Sony A95K and I can see that in your signature
Is there any side by side comparison you came across?
Yup, using the A95K since Diwali sale last year. Excellent TV. I just need one more TV for the living room.

The reliance digital near my home had both, though slightly apart and not side by side. The S95C looked brighter to my eye, though I doubt it will match the motion, upscaling or sound of the A95K. For now, plan is that S95C/G3 will go in the living room and A95K will stay in bedroom.
Also what you exactly you do with 30TB storage (I see that in your signature :)
Actually that storage is in RAID, so only about 24TB is usable (6 goes in parity).

A blu ray movie RIP in 4K HDR takes around 70GB, an episode RIP about 6-7GB (season around 60-70), plus I have hundreds of anime’s and have buffer storage for a few years.

@lightgamer You would be the best person to answer my question - in almost all of the reviews that I have seen online there is a complaint on the colour management of the Samsung S95C. In isolation a fantastic TV but the Sony does far better in real life is the point. In fact I was watching a video yesterday where someone did a comparative snapshot of a scene from Transformers. The Samsung shows an orange tint compared to the yellow of the LG G3.

Since you have both the Sony A95K and the Samsung S95C how pronounced is the difference in real life? I understand the picture would be brighter and all - just the colour reproduction is what I am interested in

@lightgamer You would be the best person to answer my question - in almost all of the reviews that I have seen online there is a complaint on the colour management of the Samsung S95C. In isolation a fantastic TV but the Sony does far better in real life is the point. In fact I was watching a video yesterday where someone did a comparative snapshot of a scene from Transformers. The Samsung shows an orange tint compared to the yellow of the LG G3.

Since you have both the Sony A95K and the Samsung S95C how pronounced is the difference in real life? I understand the picture would be brighter and all - just the colour reproduction is what I am interested in
I do not have the S95C, not sure what gave you the impression that I do. I just have the A95K and will buy one more TV during Diwali (S95C, G3 or A95L).

Regarding real world usage, your eyes do not pick out the differences like a camera and things that are visible side by side aren’t visible to naked eye.

That being said, Samsung will always be iffy with colour accuracy. I heard that the BT.2020 colour space is broken since a few years in all Samsung TVs, and in some auto mode is broken.

Sony master series ones are calibrated and supposed to be very accurate. I find the image on my A95K immaculate. That’s why it’s the perfect dark room/bedroom TV where you notice these things.

If you care about colour critical work, I’d suggest looking into the A95L. It will cost 50-60k more but will be worth it.

I just need a bright living room TV, so S95C is fine for that. I can live with a bit inaccurate colours

I do not have the S95C, not sure what gave you the impression that I do. I just have the A95K and will buy one more TV during Diwali (S95C, G3 or A95L).

Regarding real world usage, your eyes do not pick out the differences like a camera and things that are visible side by side aren’t visible to naked eye.

That being said, Samsung will always be iffy with colour accuracy. I heard that the BT.2020 colour space is broken since a few years in all Samsung TVs, and in some auto mode is broken.

Sony master series ones are calibrated and supposed to be very accurate. I find the image on my A95K immaculate. That’s why it’s the perfect dark room/bedroom TV where you notice these things.

If you care about colour critical work, I’d suggest looking into the A95L. It will cost 50-60k more but will be worth it.

I just need a bright living room TV, so S95C is fine for that. I can live with a bit inaccurate colours
This pure sensible comparison
However now it forces me to take a look at A95L and I will do that as decision hold until this Diwali

Thank you

Thank you - that helps me in my decision

looking forward to buy this S95C in Dusshera/diwali sale time in group buy. This + Q990B soundbar will be a killer combo.

Hello, new member here, i got a quote of 4.2L for 77 inch s95c + a projector free, dealer told me if i dont want the freebie, he can further give me 30k discount on above price. Hope this help

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back