Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

Very insightful video by FOMO, QN90A India/Asia/Australia/UK version on paper should have even better dark room performance than the US one as it does not have the ultra viewing angle meaning the native contrast is just double n the job of LD becomes much easier with minimal or almost non existent blooming.
They kinda did similar with 2019 QLED, in APAC/Oceania they sold Q85R as Q80R.

They kinda did similar with 2019 QLED, in APAC/Oceania they sold Q85R as Q80R.
They were/are both similar TVs just with different branding , Q80R was for USA,Canda, Oceania while Q85R was for UK n Europe while PQ , Specs are same on both.

I get your larger point though that Samsung have a habit of confusing people n not keeping it simple.

They were/are both similar TVs just with different branding , Q80R was for USA,Canda, Oceania while Q85R was for UK n Europe while PQ , Specs are same on both.

I get your larger point though that Samsung have a habit of confusing people n not keeping it simple.
Q85R has higher local dimming zomes + Came with OneConnect Box.

First, congratulations for your purchase. Now, have you confirmed whether the QN90A Samsung is selling in India is with VA panel or their ADS/IPS one. I have heard from European folks that Samsung is using IPS panel for QN90A in some countries of Europe.
That's highly unlikely. The 50 inch size do have an ips panel. Rest will have VA. Samsung don't mix the panel types in same model same size. I expect the 55 inch q90a to be exactly same as elsewhere.

Since I don't yet have the QN90A so I can't comment on it's dark room performance but I disagree with him when he says there is better dark shadow details on the CX.

I often have on CX observed instances of black crush and poor near black handling i.e how they come out of blacks. OLEDS offcourse will always have the advantage with pure blacks but that is just one facet of dark room performance...

Since I don't yet have the QN90A so I can't comment on it's dark room performance but I disagree with him when he says there is better dark shadow details on the CX.

I often have on CX observed instances of black crush and poor near black handling i.e how they come out of blacks. OLEDS offcourse will always have the advantage with pure blacks but that is just one facet of dark room performance...
Agreed. He, I believe comparing latest C1 and not CX.

U won’t comment on QN90A cause u don’t have it but will disagree to what he says on c1. Bravo.
While it is true that I mixed up C1 with CX but most reviewers and early C1 users are saying that more or less both are very similar performing TVs just like C9 n CX were.

Even if had the QN90A n felt it does better shadow details even then you most likely wouldn't believe me.

I am also a LG OLED user just like you as there are many others over here but those others unlike you keep an open mind to what I say.

You right from the first day since I posted view me as some kind of planted Samsung Schill or conversely as a LG OLED hater trying to brainwash people. You even poked fun at me for having Tata Sky, you laughed at me for preferring Standard picture mode n keeping my OLED light high on my CX.

Now it is either you don't take me seriously or are quite oversensitive to any criticism of LG OLED.

Edited By Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
While it is true that I mixed up C1 with CX but most reviewers and early C1 users are saying that more or less both are very similar performing TVs just like C9 n CX were.

Even if had the QN90A n felt it does better shadow details even then you most likely wouldn't believe me.

I am also a LG OLED user just like you as there are many others over here but those others unlike you keep an open mind to what I say.

You right from the first day since I posted view me as some kind of planted Samsung Schill or conversely as a LG OLED hater trying to brainwash people. You even poked fun at me for having Tata Sky, you laughed at me for preferring Standard picture mode n keeping my OLED light high on my CX.

Now it is either you don't take me seriously or are quite oversensitive to any criticism of LG OLED.
C1 mainly improves over CX in 5 ways:

1. Much better dithering for significantly better near-black handling (this leads to slightly more noise in greys though)

2. Higher brightness and better handling of it in real world content.

3. Better gradients (this is also partly due to better dithering)

4. Much better upscaling for sub-1080p content.

5. Better motion handling for 24p content.

There's also software improvements(game mode, new UI etc), but the point is that this year is a much bigger improvement this year than last year.

LOL not this video the other one below...

Calm down. Every one in this forum who knows me well will tell u I am always open minded. My comment very much exposed ur hypocrisy and that’s why ur offended and attacking me.There are facts and then there is preference. Both are different but facts are facts. Watching in standard mode and Oled light at 90 is horrible. Colours where bleeding and it was torture for my eyes with those settings in my c9.None of the videophiles are going to use that settings as it’s inaccurate and horrible in Oled. But if that’s what u prefer it’s fine and I am not against it. Ur tv ur wish. This is a forum where pple look at comments and decide their purchase. Now tell me if some one looks at ur comments who actually doesn’t like standard mode and actually takes ur review seriously won’t he be misguided and end up with the wrong product? I am sure except u none here or atleast 95-98% of the Oled owners won’t prefer watching in standard mode. And second of all that tata sky comment was just a joke and I am sorry if it offended u. Let’s continue this in a different thread or one to one as i dont want to derail this thread
I am fully calm , please don't worry on that account.

Firstly being image accurate and what looks good on screen are two different things , let me draw an analogy from Cricket , Pujara and Hanuma Vihari are technically correct batsman , kind of image accurate but are they more pleasing to look at ?? Then say a Rohit Sharma or Rishabh Pant.

Many OLED users use standard mode and it is experts like Vincent and the digital trend guy who advice to keep peak brightness and OLED light at high , Rtings also says that high OLED light does not mean an inaccurate image.

After sometime I will post a YouTube comparison video where it clearly shows C1 having black crush so I am not being hypocritical but only critical.

Guys please go through this video n mind you this guy is a lifelong LG OLED user.

Last edited:
All that glitters is not gold. QN90A uncle Sam's charlettan show has definitely gotten a shinning new copper penny that has momentarily caused the dirty pure gold pound coin CX lose some sheen comparatively. Business Mavericks and tricks.

I am fully calm , please don't worry on that account.

Firstly being image accurate and what looks good on screen are two different things , let me draw an analogy from Cricket , Pujara and Hanuma Vihari are technically correct batsman , kind of image accurate but are they more pleasing to look at ?? Then say a Rohit Sharma or Rishabh Pant.

Many OLED users use standard mode and it is experts like Vincent and the digital trend guy who advice to keep peak brightness and OLED light at high , Rtings also says that high OLED light does not mean an inaccurate image.

After sometime I will post a YouTube comparison video where it clearly shows C1 having black crush so I am not being hypocritical but only critical.
You are some one who enjoys an inaccurate picture mode and talk like an expert. Feel free to post ur expert views and misguide others. Rofl many Oled users use standard mode? U need to get ur facts correct.

Even I myself have posted regarding black crush in c9. No technology is perfect. Oled has its drawbacks as well which I have clearly posted in many threads. Any one who takes ur feedback are just going to be misguided. Like i said facts are facts and different from preference.

Moderatos- Edited in red/purged comments

Ur some one who enjoys an inaccurate picture mode and talk like an expert. Feel free to post ur expert views and misguide others. Rofl many Oled users use standard mode? U need to get ur facts correct. Even I myself have posted regarding black crush in c9. No technology is perfect. Oled has its drawbacks as well which I have clearly posted in many threads. Any one who takes ur feedback are just going to be misguided. Like is said facts are facts and different from preference.
There are millions of OLED owners out there , some like Cinema, some like ISF, some like Standard n some even like the much maligned vivid , Nothing remotely ROFL or blasphemous about it.

I am not trying to mislead any one , I believe as reasonable thinking adult they will make there own individual call.

By the way @Jayaesh1 is your tv calibrated ?

how do you know which image is accurate?

It is what you percieve as accurate ?
No it's not about accuracy but what looks good to my eyes, as simple as that.

Geez why do I feel like I am under some sort of interrogation here ...

It hurts that both your wisdom and credibility being questioned like this, it's like being browbeat into submission.

I see little point in posting any forthcoming QN90A review especially QN90A vs LG CX. Oh boy that is one potential landmine which I want to steer clear of.

Anyways all the big brands n there offerings will be in all the major stores by August, so all the guys can directly go to the store n do the side by side comparisons. Good luck

It hurts that both your wisdom and credibility being questioned like this, it's like being browbeat into submission.

I see little point in posting any forthcoming QN90A review especially QN90A vs LG CX. Oh boy that is one potential landmine which I want to steer clear of.

Anyways all the big brands n there offerings will be in all the major stores by August, so all the guys can directly go to the store n do the side by side comparisons. Good luck
You please under stand the point I am trying to make here. Your feedback and observations are purely based on standard mode which also you like the most and nothing wrong with it, but none of the videophiles prefer that mode and You are liking an inaccurate picture.

I first started with standard mode when I was auditioning Oled tv. In Sony oleds I liked the standard mode cause I was used to a Sony led tv in standard mode. In c9 it was very bad. Thanks to a fm who corrected me that standard is a bad way to use c9. So after auditioning with right picture mode I liked the c9 and got it . So talking in a way who has the final say on what is better based on an inaccurate image is not going to help any one.

When people buy tvs like Oled or top qled tvs for sure they are going to be picky with picture quality and most videophiles never use standard mode. And like you said all tvs are available in showrooms. Guess what, all who got Oled would have compared it side by side with qled and then only went for it. It’s the same who went for qled as well. I visited 15 showrooms and everywhere Oled and Samsung q led where installed next to each other. I saw Samsung top qled tv and it never attracted me in terms of picture quality like the Oled did.
That’s how it’s for all Oled owners except for few like u May be and it’s the vice versa for who got the qled.
I will say the same things if your post a review of Samsung qled in standard mode. The arguing point here is not Oled vs qled butyYour liking for an inaccurate image but talking like a pro tv reviewer is not acceptable IMO. Ur just going to misguide every one. U clearly don’t even know that videophiles don’t prefer standard mode and arguing many use it. Please do your facts check and then get back to arguing. Any one can type as they wish on a forum but when u don’t talk facts obviously you are going to be questioned.

Note: edited by moderator- Removed typos and SMS shortcuts, added paragraphs and marked irrelevant and accusatory text as deleted. But really difficult to redo the punctuation as that means rewriting the entire text.

Documentaries in Netflix (especially the animals in rain forest one by Mr. Attenborough in OLED is simply out of the world. I don't think any LCD TV technology can beat that.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back