Samsung QN90A ,QN85A owners thread

You please under stand the point I am trying to make here. Your feedback and observations are purely based on standard mode which also you like the most and nothing wrong with it, but none of the videophiles prefer that mode and You are liking an inaccurate picture.

I first started with standard mode when I was auditioning Oled tv. In Sony oleds I liked the standard mode cause I was used to a Sony led tv in standard mode. In c9 it was very bad. Thanks to a fm who corrected me that standard is a bad way to use c9. So after auditioning with right picture mode I liked the c9 and got it . So talking in a way who has the final say on what is better based on an inaccurate image is not going to help any one.

When people buy tvs like Oled or top qled tvs for sure they are going to be picky with picture quality and most videophiles never use standard mode. And like You said all tvs are available in showrooms. Guess what, all who got Oled would have compared it side by side with qled and then only went for it. It’s the same who went for qled as well. I visited 15 showrooms and everywhere Oled and Samsung q led where installed next to each other. I saw Samsung top qled tv and it never attracted me in terms of picture quality like the Oled did.
That’s how it’s for all Oled owners except for few like u May be and it’s the vice versa for who got the qled.
I will say the same things if Your post a review of Samsung qled in standard mode. The arguing point here is not Oled vs qled but Your liking for an inaccurate image but talking like a pro tv reviewer is not acceptable IMO. Ur just going to misguide every one. U clearly don’t even know that videophiles don’t prefer standard mode and arguing many use it. Please do your facts check and then get back to arguing. Any one can type as they wish on a forum but when u don’t talk facts obviously you are going to be questioned.

Note: edited by moderator- Removed typos and SMS shortcuts, added paragraphs and marked irrelevant and accusatory text as deleted. But really difficult to redo the punctuation as that means rewriting the entire text.
While it is true that I mixed up C1 with CX but most reviewers and early C1 users are saying that more or less both are very similar performing TVs just like C9 n CX were.

Even if had the QN90A n felt it does better shadow details even then you most likely wouldn't believe me.

I am also a LG OLED user just like you as there are many others over here but those others unlike you keep an open mind to what I say.

You right from the first day since I posted view me as some kind of planted Samsung Schill or conversely as a LG OLED hater trying to brainwash people. You even poked fun at me for having Tata Sky, you laughed at me for preferring Standard picture mode n keeping my OLED light high on my CX.

Now it is either you don't take me seriously or are quite oversensitive to any criticism of LG OLED.

Edited By Moderator
Folks, please take it easy, this forum is not for experts to talk and everybody has their own experience and view. and knowledge Whats important is to Respect every opinion and give facts and not accusations

Both of you are obviously knowledgable and a debate will only make everyone richer with the collective information

Requesting we move AWAY from 1:1 accusations and change it to debates with facts/views and acceptance.

Additionally, writing with paragraphs/sentences will help a lot for people to read ..and writing actual english words also would be really helpful for readers and moderatos.. even if you are a teenager used to texting ( Kidding) !!

Am purging several comments/posts so that if read later the thread has information to all !

Last edited:
Folks, please take it easy, this forum is not for experts to talk and everybody has their own experience and view. and knowledge Whats important is to Respect every opinion and give facts and not accusations

Both of you are obviously knowledgable and a debate will only make everyone richer with the collective information

Requesting we move AWAY from 1:1 accusations and change it to debates with facts/views and acceptance.

Additionally, writing with paragraphs/sentences will help a lot for people to read ..and writing actual english words also would be really helpful for readers and moderatos.. even if you are a teenager used to texting ( Kidding) !!

Am purging several comments/posts so that if read later the thread has information to all !
Boys are keeping you real busy @arj. Moderating a heated post, probably the last thing one would like to do on a Sunday morning. :)

True every body has their own experience. But facts are facts. Many refer to the forum for guidance while finalising their purchase. His liking for an inaccurate picture is fine but he is talking like a professional tv reviewer which is just going to misguide any one looking for guidance here. I can very well assure you no videophile is going to like what this fm is liking and as some one who owns Oled it’s my responsibility to point that out so others don’t get misguided. I am just talking facts that’s well accepted in the videophile community but here this fm is accusing me of being a fan boy and not at all talking relevant facts and keeps on arguing for the sake of arguing.

Great read and though the finding is quite intuitive, it is good to see data supporting it.

Which magazine is this?

My personal preference, I always prefer softer music which is less loud. No wonder, I prefer older music to what is being released nowadays
I found it when I was cleaning up my laptop and was deleting files. I think it was in an article from NPR.
I see the graph and read the text but still can’t make sense of this “loudness” controversy; I still have the volume control, right?
Hopefully someone with insight on this issue can explain?

I’m sorry but I disagree with you about this. :)
OLED's infinite contrast is something to do with it and LCD TVs cast a distracting hallo effect - so end of debate. OLED raises it's hands as champion. Where is the champion's winning belt?

I think we all are derailing this thread. This is meant for qna 90 and qna 85 owners. Lets focus on that and comparisons can take place in another thread :)

What is the exact differences between the 85 and 90? Further is the 95 going to come to india

I think we all are derailing this thread. This is meant for qna 90 and qna 85 owners. Lets focus on that and comparisons can take place in another thread :)

What is the exact differences between the 85 and 90? Further is the 95 going to come to india
Oh I completely forgot about the purpose of the thread. Thanks for reminding me. Also 85 and 90 according to Rtings (80 and 90 they compare) are marginal

The Samsung Q90R and the Samsung Q80R have very similar performance. The Samsung Q90R has a slightly faster response time, which some enthusiasts might notice when watching sports. Also, the Q90R has more effective local dimming thanks to the greater number of local dimming zones than the Q80R. Although our Q90R test unit was a larger variant, we expect this to be true for the same size variants of the Q80R. All of the other differences are mainly in the design. The Q90R has a One Connect box, supports a no-gap wall mount, and its stand has a smaller footprint.

What is the exact differences between the 85 and 90? Further is the 95 going to come
Well I apologise

You please under stand the point I am trying to make here. Your feedback and observations are purely based on standard mode which also you like the most. Nothing wrong with it. But none of the videophiles prefer that mode and ur liking an inaccurate picture. I first started with standard mode when I was auditioning Oled tv. In Sony oleds I liked the standard mode cause I was used to a Sony led tv in standard mode. In c9 it was very bad. Thanks to a fm who corrected me that standard is a bad way to use c9. So after auditioning with m

I just want to state for the final time that in none of the posts I either mentioned or meant that videophones prefer standard mode , I used the term some common folks aka ordinary people like me who prefer standard mode cos that's one I have been using since childhood. I tried the cinema mode but I didn't like it so that's that.

I like to believe that I am guiding people and as these are mature , intelligent adults I don't think they can ever be misguided as such , those who are in the OLED camp will stick to that and vice versa for QLED.

I have sadly lost the zest and the will to contribute here any further. I realise that maybe because of my age (44) I am too old school and rather prefer face to face / Telephonic/ SMS/ what's App based conversation than a public online forum .

Since there is atleast one member waiting for my imminent QN90A feedback therefore I am taking the liberty to post my email id jayaesh_singh@rediffmail for his/ her benefit. Interested members please feel free to mail me . The moment once my QN90A is installed n I have spend atleast couple of days I will post a reminder here.

My apologies for such an excessively long post.

Oh I completely forgot about the purpose of the thread. Thanks for reminding me. Also 85 and 90 according to Rtings (80 and 90 they compare) are marginal

The Samsung Q90R and the Samsung Q80R have very similar performance. The Samsung Q90R has a slightly faster response time, which some enthusiasts might notice when watching sports. Also, the Q90R has more effective local dimming thanks to the greater number of local dimming zones than the Q80R. Although our Q90R test unit was a larger variant, we expect this to be true for the same size variants of the Q80R. All of the other differences are mainly in the design. The Q90R has a One Connect box, supports a no-gap wall mount, and its stand has a smaller footprint.
I think you are confusing with the qled models. I am more interested in the mini led models qna series

I just want to state for the final time that in none of the posts I either mentioned or meant that videophones prefer standard mode , I used the term some common folks aka ordinary people like me who prefer standard mode cos that's one I have been using since childhood. I tried the cinema mode but I didn't like it so that's that.

I like to believe that I am guiding people and as these are mature , intelligent adults I don't think they can ever be misguided as such , those who are in the OLED camp will stick to that and vice versa for QLED.

I have sadly lost the zest and the will to contribute here any further. I realise that maybe because of my age (44) I am too old school and rather prefer face to face / Telephonic/ SMS/ what's App based conversation than a public online forum .

Since there is atleast one member waiting for my imminent QN90A feedback therefore I am taking the liberty to post my email id jayaesh_singh@rediffmail for his/ her benefit. Interested members please feel free to mail me . The moment once my QN90A is installed n I have spend atleast couple of days I will post a reminder here.

No need for such a post. There are ppl older than you and younger than you in this hobby. When you interact face to face you are limiting your ideas/opinion to those ppl only. Further the main idea of a public forum is to exchange our opinions and get to know new gear and tech so do carry on and do not get disheartened.

They actually sold Q85R in India as Q80R which is an higher version of Q80R they sold in the States. As a result, it came with higher no of local dimming zones compared to US variant, No-gap wall mount and One Connect box.

Before u start pointing fingers go check who started the argument. I just responded and clearly told let’s continue in another thread but this guy keeps coming back. This keeps happening so many times in the forum,out of no where some random fm without knowing the clear picture comments something. Jeez
Well he has a CX Oled & is not happy with it, let it be as people's preference is always different.

Otherwise everyone would have identical speakers & amps.

At least let us know whether the TV is IPS or VA here.

Almost all the Tv discussions end up with a heated argument. It's either my tv or no tv. Come on, two different techniques, both have their pro & Cons. Both technologies will have their own admirers base on their experience. Let's respect this and move forward. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.

I guess the topic is done for now. locking this thread as both the gentleman have given their points of view.

We can unlock this later and just need to PM a mod for it.

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let all of you know that if you order before 30April from your local Samsung brand store or dealer then with CC cash back you can get 55 inch for Rs 168k n if you don't want the tablet then your price comes down to Rs 146K !!!

I myself cancelled the order on the Samsung Shop n pre booked through my local dealer for an up-front token amount of Rs10K. Do keep in mind that in India the launch price barely shows any drop unless a new model has been launched.

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let all of you know that if you order before 30April from your local Samsung brand store or dealer then with CC cash back you can get 55 inch for Rs 168k n if you don't want the tablet then your price comes down to Rs 146K !!!

I myself cancelled the order on the Samsung Shop n pre booked through my local dealer for an up-front token amount of Rs10K. Do keep in mind that in India the launch price barely shows any drop unless a new model has been launched.
I was just browsing through the Samsung India site and saw the QN800A 8K QLED 65 inch listed for 3.9 lakhs, with 2 Samsung Tab S7+ thrown in.

From what I know, an S7+ tab costs 80k (not sure if the price has reduced recently), so does it mean we get 1.6 lakhs straight discount if we don't want those tablets?

I was just browsing through the Samsung India site and saw the QN800A 8K QLED 65 inch listed for 3.9 lakhs, with 2 Samsung Tab S7+ thrown in.

From what I know, an S7+ tab costs 80k (not sure if the price has reduced recently), so does it mean we get 1.6 lakhs straight discount if we don't want those tablet

From what I know, an S7+ tab costs 80k (not sure if the price has reduced recently), so does it mean we get 1.6 lakhs straight discount if we don't want those tablets?

It is mentioning only one unit as I post...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back